Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I too have experienced multiple OBR crashes. For me it's just trying to hold the Treo600 phone button while in a LauncherX screen.

The system Error Log (##377) says SoundRec caused the crash with this error:

SystemCompatibility.c,
    Line:69, Invalid card #

Hope this helps,
    ERic

Not sure what it could be, the OBR doesn't use the card....maybe something to do with LauncherX....i'll look into it. Later.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Odd, the version I just downloaded a little over a hour ago reports in the About screen as version 1.04 and that was after deleting the prior version. Guess I'll try downloading it again.

Sounds like your ISP is serving out cached data. Try downloading http://www.infinityball.com/SoundRec105.prc.
    I'm having the same problem. I use Silver Screen and when I use OBR it causes a soft reset every time. If I exit out of SS, it works fine.
  4.    #244  
    I just posted SoundRec v1.051 (http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec1051.prc) on my web site. This version fixes the timer and should hopefully work with LauncherX and SilverScreen. Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I just posted SoundRec v1.051 (http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec1051.prc) on my web site. This version fixes the timer and should hopefully work with LauncherX and SilverScreen. Later.
    This is working for me... great job.

One point. The OBR still doesn't save to the "card" (which is my selected default). It saves to memory.

However if I use the RECORD button in the app, it saves to the card properly.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    This is working for me... great job.

One point. The OBR still doesn't save to the "card" (which is my selected default). It saves to memory.

However if I use the RECORD button in the app, it saves to the card properly.

The the OBR preference screen it should say "audio will be saved to the internal memory" (or something like that).....it's designed that way. Maybe in a future release the one button recording will allow saving to the SD card.
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    I'm having the same problem. I use Silver Screen and when I use OBR it causes a soft reset every time. If I exit out of SS, it works fine.

I didn't throughly test SoundRec with Silver Screen....let me know if it works ok. Later.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I am still having trouble when recording to my SD card the voice is garbled. Will a faster SD card help?
    I have tried lowering the sound quality, but i need to go to the single digits to make out any words. I miss the clarity that the internal recordings have.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    I am still having trouble when recording to my SD card the voice is garbled. Will a faster SD card help?
    I have tried lowering the sound quality, but i need to go to the single digits to make out any words. I miss the clarity that the internal recordings have.

What brand of SD card do you have and have you tried running the sd card speed tool from Audicity?
    Ryan,

Installed the new version and it seems to work fine with Silver Screen. Haven't ahd a chance to throughly test it, but it does work.

Sarah
    Are you holding down the button until the device sleeps again? Later.

-Ryan
    yes, I am. I have not tested 1.051 yet however.

Conrad
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    What brand of SD card do you have and have you tried running the sd card speed tool from Audicity?
    Sandisk 256 SD Card

Please tell me about the card speed tool.

Thank you
    Ryan,

With the one button recording, the hard button 1 is activated twice when only pushed once. If you have the hard buttons enable in a game like Klondike when you push hard button 1 it activates it twice. Is there a way to fix this? I play Klondike quite frequently and would hate to have to enable and disable the one button recording everytime playing a game. I'm sure other apps that use the hard buttons would also be effected.

Great work on this much needed app.

digidep

Also I believe that the one button record setting doesn't re-enable itself on a reset (though the settings still checked in the app).
    Ryan-
    Great app, it fills a big void in the treo feature line. I noticed with the latest version, that if I enable 1 touch record, then let my treo power off, I can't get it to power back on by pressing the 1st hard key. I have to press another hard key to power up, then I can press the phone key to go to the phone app. If the treo is off, I can however, press and hold the 1st hard key, and soundrec properly records, even with the display off...

-Jason
    Noticed the same thing......Hardbutton one does not turn on my Treo (or at least the display remains off) when one button rec. is activated. I was trying several times until I read the manual. My fix is to use Soundrec as my left 5-way selection and then it's simple to record quickly.
    I have the same power on problem as has been reported above.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Working great except the beep to signal start/stop doesn't sound.

I hear alarms and other sounds including playback.

Any ideas if there is a conflicting program?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    With OBR enabled turn the radio off then power down completely. Next press hard button one and the device will soft reset. This could cause alot of accidental soft resets throughout the day.

What do you think?

p.s. Sprint phone
    Last edited by Hest; 06/19/2004 at 02:45 PM.
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    Working great except the beep to signal start/stop doesn't sound.

I hear alarms and other sounds including playback.

Any ideas if there is a conflicting program?

Goto Prefs->General->System Sound

Make sure it is not off.

-chiru
    Thanks Chiru.

That was the first thing I did. I can hear the sounds when I click the dialogs, and just the button clicks, but no 'beep' for starting the recording.

Not sure that this is a Soundrec problem. Everything else works great!