Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 309
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    New updates for SoundRec coming soon!! This includes
    -one button recording
    -display of timer while recording
    -detect the absence of External Card and write-lock mode of External card
    -sound beep at the start and stop of the recording
    .... and more
    -chiru
    chiru, any Mac solution yet, since we corresponded last? I tried your Mac version about a month ago and it didn't work, if you recall. The frames were splattered all over my screen. Thanks!
  2.    #222  
    I just released SoundRec v1.05 on my web site at http://www.infinityball.com. The new version includes support for one button recording, recording timer, etc. Also take the time to thank Chiru (http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/) and Dmitry (http://dmitrygr.palmz.ru/) for the help they've been giving me on this project. Later.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I just released SoundRec v1.05 on my web site at http://www.infinityball.com. The new version includes support for one button recording, recording timer, etc. Also take the time to thank Chiru (http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/) and Dmitry (http://dmitrygr.palmz.ru/) for the help they've been giving me on this project. Later.
    Great, thanks to all for this hard work !
    What exactly is the One Button Recording ?
  4. #224  
    Did I read this right, is the new version without sound?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5. #225  
    What kind of sound recorder doesn't have sound ?
  6. #226  
    I think you're mistaken. You probably read the description for MovieRec 1.05 which doesn't include sound. On infinityball.com it states: "MovieRec v1.05 for all Treo 600 and Zire 71 (w/o Sound)"
    .
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I think you're mistaken. You probably read the description for MovieRec 1.05 which doesn't include sound. On infinityball.com it states: "MovieRec v1.05 for all Treo 600 and Zire 71 (w/o Sound)"
    Thanks, yes I did read that description. But pls. point me to the right PRC, cuz I can't find it. And Ryan referred to it as the 1.05 version.

    Let's keep it simple please.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8. #228  
    Yes, I can see how confusing it is to have two apps with the same version number but they are both available on infinityball.com. Here's a direct link to the latest version: http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.prc
    .
  9. #229  
    chiru: Apple?
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    Great, thanks to all for this hard work !
    What exactly is the One Button Recording ?

    The one button recording works like this......suppose you're running some other application (e.g. calendar or contacts list) and you decide you want to record a memo...all you do is hold the the "Phone" button for a couple seconds and it'll start recording and continue to record until you let off the button. There is also an interesting bug/feature and you can record a memo while the phone is locked as well Later.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Yes, I can see how confusing it is to have two apps with the same version number but they are both available on infinityball.com. Here's a direct link to the latest version: http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.prc
    That's version 1.01, is it really the latest?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer
    That's version 1.01, is it really the latest?
    Schmoozer it sounds like you're using your phone to surf the web because Sprint, ATT WS, etc. like to serve out old cached pages. You need to tell it to grab the latest content from the page....i know how to do it on non treo 600 phones, but not on the Treo. I posted SoundRec105.prc on my site if that helps. Later.
  13.    #233  
    A small bug was found on the recording timer that Chiru is working on right now and an update to fix the bug will be available soon. Later.
  14. #234  
    One button recording(obr) is causing my Treo to Reset. To reproduce:
    - go into SoundRec and make sure one-button is enabled.(I've found that after a reset, obr will not work until I go to that menu in SoundRec and confirm that the box is checked).
    - lock the keyboard (press power button or whatever you have set up)
    - now press some key other than phone(like calendar)
    - while the keyguard notice is displayed, press and hold the phone button to start a recording. if you have SoundRec Beep on record, you'll hear the beep - if not, can't help ya.
    - when the Treo shuts itself off, you'll hear another beep ending the recording.
    - now tap the phone button.
    - I've found that my Treo resets with the following error, if I perform the above once or twice:
    Event68k.c, Line:647, EventTo68K data not processed, event: 1024

    That said, it seems that obr ignores keyguard. I can record even when the display is off. There is certainly some advantage to that, but it might be a liability too. Can that be made an option in a later version?
    Otherwise, this remains one of my very favorite Treo apps.

    Conrad
  15. #235  
    When I do a one-button save, it ignores my setting to save it to my card. I have to export & delete it.
  16. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #236  
    I too have experienced multiple OBR crashes. For me it's just trying to hold the Treo600 phone button while in a LauncherX screen.

    The system Error Log (##377) says SoundRec caused the crash with this error:

    SystemCompatibility.c,
    Line:69, Invalid card #

    Hope this helps,
    ERic
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    When I do a one-button save, it ignores my setting to save it to my card. I have to export & delete it.
    Currently One button is only configured to save to Internal Memory.

    -chiru
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    chiru, any Mac solution yet, since we corresponded last? I tried your Mac version about a month ago and it didn't work, if you recall. The frames were splattered all over my screen. Thanks!
    Though your question is about MovieRec, I will answer it here as it has something to do with SoundRec.

    I have been spending most of the time I could get to work on SoundRec and its been a while since I visited MovieRec conversion program. Once we find that SoundRec is stable, I will start working on MovieRec conversion and will make it open source so that others can work on it too.

    -chiru
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    One button recording(obr) is causing my Treo to Reset. To reproduce:
    - go into SoundRec and make sure one-button is enabled.(I've found that after a reset, obr will not work until I go to that menu in SoundRec and confirm that the box is checked).
    - lock the keyboard (press power button or whatever you have set up)
    - now press some key other than phone(like calendar)
    - while the keyguard notice is displayed, press and hold the phone button to start a recording. if you have SoundRec Beep on record, you'll hear the beep - if not, can't help ya.
    - when the Treo shuts itself off, you'll hear another beep ending the recording.
    - now tap the phone button.
    - I've found that my Treo resets with the following error, if I perform the above once or twice:
    Event68k.c, Line:647, EventTo68K data not processed, event: 1024

    That said, it seems that obr ignores keyguard. I can record even when the display is off. There is certainly some advantage to that, but it might be a liability too. Can that be made an option in a later version?
    Otherwise, this remains one of my very favorite Treo apps.

    Conrad
    Are you holding down the button until the device sleeps again? Later.

    -Ryan
  20. #240  
    Odd, the version I just downloaded a little over a hour ago reports in the About screen as version 1.04 and that was after deleting the prior version. Guess I'll try downloading it again.

Posting Permissions