Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Hope this has not been asked But on MovieRec has an ICON on my palm but SoundRec only has the default Icon. Is there a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Hope this has not been asked But on MovieRec has an ICON on my palm but SoundRec only has the default Icon. Is there a fix for this?
    Well, I can suggest a fix: with your favorite picture-editing program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or whatever you like), create a nice 22x22 color icon, and send it to Ryan so that he may use it as the icon in his program!
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Well, I can suggest a fix: with your favorite picture-editing program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or whatever you like), create a nice 22x22 color icon, and send it to Ryan so that he may use it as the icon in his program!
    Yes, that's the idea. Just have a look to #182 !
    I read a note that mentions alarm and date book attachment support. I was just wondering how to do this. I can do it manually with Lightwav but, I was thinking there may a way to maybe tell Lightwav to use a recording for a todo or appointment alarm from in SoundRec.
    i'd like to be able to record messages that have been left in my voicemail. sometimes the are voicemails that i'd like to keep. anyway to make that happen? my provider, sprint, just lets me keep a voicemail 30 days. i'd love to be able to permanently record them to either internal ram or even better an sd card.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ryan,

Great program.

When I use it with several different headsets, the sound always comes out of the speaker and not the headset. Is there a way to change that?
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    i'd like to be able to record messages that have been left in my voicemail. sometimes the are voicemails that i'd like to keep. anyway to make that happen? my provider, sprint, just lets me keep a voicemail 30 days. i'd love to be able to permanently record them to either internal ram or even better an sd card.
    I've recorded voicemails using soundrec and it sounds great!! just dial your voicemail and place the treo on speakerphone. then hit the "home" button and launch soundrec & start a recording. the only thing I had to do to make the recording clear is to set the sound recording level very low (2-3) and it works perfectly.
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by Androw
    Ryan,

Great program.

When I use it with several different headsets, the sound always comes out of the speaker and not the headset. Is there a way to change that?
    Not sure if this will answer your question but when I use my Stereo Headset (instead of the Phone headset), the sound will come from the headset, not the speakerphone.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    New updates for SoundRec coming soon!! This includes
    -one button recording
    -display of timer while recording
    -detect the absence of External Card and write-lock mode of External card
    -sound beep at the start and stop of the recording
    .... and more

-chiru
    dont TEASE us !!! When is it coming???? I was close to actually buying another one, but why if yours will be free (donation of course) Hurry hurry
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Don't get me wrong, all those additions are great; but what about an alarm feature to remind you of the voice note you recorded?
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    New updates for SoundRec coming soon!! This includes
    -one button recording
    -display of timer while recording
    -detect the absence of External Card and write-lock mode of External card
    -sound beep at the start and stop of the recording
    .... and more

-chiru
    I don't think "sound beep at the start and stop of the recording" is a very good feature, except if it's optional ...
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    dont TEASE us !!! When is it coming???? I was close to actually buying another one, but why if yours will be free (donation of course) Hurry hurry
    No teasing ... I have been working with Ryan and am sure it will be out next week.

-chiru
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    Don't get me wrong, all those additions are great; but what about an alarm feature to remind you of the voice note you recorded?
    ryrub,

The alarm feature is going to be the next one to be implemented. Going by the SoundRec Feature poll I guess it was a good decision by Ryan to work on the one button stuff.

-chiru
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I don't think "sound beep at the start and stop of the recording" is a very good feature, except if it's optional ...
    Yeah this will be optional and I think it is a very good feature... Lets say you are driving and remember of something and want to leave a short memo, it becomes easier to know when the recording has started and stopped without looking at the screen.

-chiru
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    I've recorded voicemails using soundrec and it sounds great!! just dial your voicemail and place the treo on speakerphone. then hit the "home" button and launch soundrec & start a recording. the only thing I had to do to make the recording clear is to set the sound recording level very low (2-3) and it works perfectly.
    It's perfect for those 3:00am drunken calls that your friends leave you. Nothing like adding them to a Web site and embarassing them the next time your all at a party!
    Yeahhhh! I love my treo!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  18.    #218  
    Hey guys, sorry for not having any updates in a while....but Chiru and I should hopefully have the next version of SoundRec ready some ready this week with all of the features he mentioned before. Later.
  19.    #219  
    I posted a simple SoundRec user's guide at http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec_guide.htm. It's for the next version of SoundRec (v1.05), but most of the information applies to the current version (v1.04). Later.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Androw
    Ryan,

Great program.

That is interesting. I'm guessing that the reason for that is because the playback of the audio is coming from the Sound API in the operating system and it is not directly connected to the phone hardware that the headset is connected to. I'll look into it and see what I can do. Later.