1.    #1  
    Initial batches of t600 suffered from some hardware issues especially earpiece and speaker breakdown. There were also many posts re: screen burn thru. Has the build quality improved ? My Samsung I500 screen failed and I'm wondering if a switch to T600 would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gskidsdoc
    Initial batches of t600 suffered from some hardware issues especially earpiece and speaker breakdown. There were also many posts re: screen burn thru. Has the build quality improved ? My Samsung I500 screen failed and I'm wondering if a switch to T600 would be better.
    A lot of us were in the initial batch of Treos, and I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have never seen such a post or heard about it here.

I bought my Treo the week it came out, so I don't know where you got that information.
    There is major difference between the old handspring ones and the new palmone treos.

I have purchased 5 of the handspring set and 3 of the palmone series.
    Needless to say, all 5 of the handspring set are being returned to get the palmone set. Speakerphone, earpiece, camera, all improved. Sound quality fixed (no more echo, skipping, feedback, random tones, etc).
    Along with Cingular 3.05 patch, these treos are now what they are meant to be, amazing. Only problem we are having is that GSM coverage in NYC has been extremely bad in the last 2 weeks (antennas being out, T-mobile switches dying due to thunderstorm, etc..) It turns out that Cingular and AT&T are still piggy backing of T-mobile in most of NYC.
    I have a handspring model and I don't have any of those problems you mentioned with the exception of a crappy camera think that is the case with both palmone and handspring though. What you forgot to mention was that the palmones have a blue tint to their screens.