1.    #1  
    Upgraded yesterday with no problems. Now today after only a few calls my bat level has dropped to 15%. I notice the green "data" arrows are on way more than I used to notice. Even when nothing is set not use the web. (Mail prog set to manual check) Suggestions? Ideas? At this rate, I would be dead after an hour on a normal business day.
  2.    #2  
    more info...if i do not connect to data svcs, either by checking mail with the handspring prog, or by going to the web...seems to be fine. Once data svcs are started seems to keep connecting on its own and I guess this is what is draining the battery.

(I dont have the option to connect to data network upon wireless mode on checked)
    I have noticed a drop in the battery life too. Not to the extent that you have though. On average after a normal day of regular use at work I would get home and have 70 percent left after the update I am ending up with 45 and 50%. I did the update with 100% battery life. After the last update I noticed the same thing. Luckily shortly after that my treo broke and I got a new one that had the update but the battery life was much better. I don't know what causes this after these updates.
    I also have experienced a drop in battery life, I barely used my phone today, but the battery is creeping below 50%, that's pretty good drain. Not sure what is doing it, I was surfing on it, but no more than usual.
    Mine is at 30% but Ive been playing with it a lot since the upgrade. It does seem like too much though. What hacks are you all running? Im suspecting Butler, TreoGaurd, TreoHelper, maybe Chatter? I (and others) did the last update without this problem. Hopefully this is temporary...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Remember that every few months that you need to discharge the battery to let the battery monitoring stuff keep in tune. That might be the issue for you guys, not sure...I haven't noticed the problem myself.
    Mine is naturally discharged at least twice a week Maybe its due to the 'Unsaved Preferences' files getting restored from old firmware? Card backup software seems to backup/restore this file but Hotsync doesnt for good reason. Deleting mine...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    BTW if you want to try deleting 'Unsaved Preferences' be careful, it contains your Hotsync ID. Hotsync first, delete the file, then hotsync again. It will ask which user you are and restore all files to the device.
    I upgraded my T600 yesterday and played with it pretty hard today (lots of audio and video recording, playback, Verichat, etc.), and I was actually surprised at how well the battery held up, FWIW... We'll see how things go on Monday during a normal workday...
    same thing with me i thought my battery life was better with the update used the phone web and played with movie rec a big amount today and by this evening i was at 50% which normally by this time i will be at 20 to 30 %
  11.    #11  
    my batt issue was definately due to the network being used, when it should not have been...now today seems to be no problem. The only thing sprint could tell me is that based on my ESN there was some isssue with my phones battery. They tried to say that when you fill the memory over a certain amount the batt has problems on phones with a certain ESN. Didnt make sense to me. Never had a problem before, and I am sure it was because the network was getting used non stop. Do the phones ever need to download anything in the background that it was doing yesterday? Sprint suggested I bring it into a store. Dont really want to do that...they are not usually very good at the one near me. Hopefully it was just some fluke.

BTW I am only running Butler
    I've noticed lately (since the upgrade to Butler version 1.48) my battery drain is horrible. I notice after an incoming message comes in, LED flashes, and then the screen won't turn off after the specified period of time. Could be Butler that's causing the battery drain, not the upgrade.

I've removed Butler.