Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Before the great TC crash of 0404 there was a thread that described a hardware fix for the dreaded buzz and echo problem some of us were having. There was even step by step instructions on how to perform the "operation". Does anyone that performed the fix have a long-term report on the effectiveness of it. Also, can someone re-post the instructions?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Long term report is very good. I am happy with it. You may want to PM Milan. He made up some a paper copy of the method formulated by NoBackup
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Before the great TC crash of 0404 there was a thread that described a hardware fix for the dreaded buzz and echo problem some of us were having. There was even step by step instructions on how to perform the "operation". Does anyone that performed the fix have a long-term report on the effectiveness of it. Also, can someone re-post the instructions?
    I'm looking for it too; at first when I did the update, everything was fine. Now I cant talk on the phone due to this horrible echo and buzzing. Also my battery is dying hella quick!
    Last edited by scandalex; 05/16/2004 at 01:38 PM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4. AJB
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I'm looking for it too; at first when I did the update, everything was fine. Now I cant talk on the phone due to this horrible echo and buzzing. Also my battery is dying hella quick!
    Dang! Me too. I'm sure before I updated the FW that I didn't have this horrible buzz. It seems to be an interaction with any light within 20m!

The new FW 3.04 is ok - but I'm sure the buzzing only started then.

Has ANYONE cured this?

AJB
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)
    Milan' drawing and additional instructions from NoBackup have been posted here

I've just actually scr*wed up my Treo with it and would appreciate your help...