1.    #1  
    I have searched the archives and have seen several threads that Treo 600 users can upgrade the pTunes that came with the phone to the Deluxe version for about $14.

I have gone to the pocket-tunes web site and can't find anything on this.

Does someone know the steps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    I have searched the archives and have seen several threads that Treo 600 users can upgrade the pTunes that came with the phone to the Deluxe version for about $14.

I have gone to the pocket-tunes web site and can't find anything on this.

Does someone know the steps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Darrell
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/purchase.html
    Just click on "buy" and select upgrade to pocket tunes deluxe.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    DOH! Sorry, feel stupid now. ;-)
    i have been interested in upgrading to deluxe mostly because of the streaming audio. I wish I would be able to test it before ugrading. I am assuming that you would be able to listen to audio broadcasts. Since I have the cingular unlimited data subscription I also am assuming that I would not get a big bill. Am I correct? Can someone answer this ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raf2210
    I am assuming that you would be able to listen to audio broadcasts.
    You can listen to SHOUTcast Internet radio.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by raf2210
    Since I have the cingular unlimited data subscription I also am assuming that I would not get a big bill. Am I correct? Can someone answer this ?
    Thanks
    That is correct.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'll confirm as well....

If only there were a few more L.A. stations on Shoutcast...and perhaps a sports station or two...
    A lack of sports talk radio is keeping me from upgrading to Deluxe and Shoutcast. If ESPN Radio or similar was available, I'd definitely go for it!
    Actually there is an ESPN affiliate and a Sporting News Radio affiliate but both are out of NY.
  11. rrs
    I have Sprint. I don't recall the ability to get P Tunes Basic for free. Did I miss something? Can I still get it so I don't have to pay the full price for Deluxe?
    Quote Originally Posted by rrs
    I have Sprint. I don't recall the ability to get P Tunes Basic for free. Did I miss something? Can I still get it so I don't have to pay the full price for Deluxe?
    You should be able to get it when you register your phone...well, at least it used to be with Handspring.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by rrs

For me, it was a "gift" for registering my Treo 600. But I had the choice between P Tunes and some game. It seemed like a pretty obvious choice since the game looked lame and being able to play mp3's on my phone looked cool I chose P Tunes.

Sorry, I can't remember the exact steps I got to the software choice, but it was when I was registering my phone. Maybe you can check the manual and see if there's any webpages listed in the introduction.
    Well I upgraded to Ptunes deluxe with my treo 600 and Cingular service since I have unlimited data service. I was hoping that I could listen to shoutcast broadcasts. Well you can sort of.... the problem is that the transmission rate is so slow that I can get only 10 seconds of play time before the buffer has to fill up again. Big mistake upgrading. Unless I am doing something wrong the fact that Cingular transmission rates are so slow make it useless.

Any way to speed it up? I doubt it.
    Make sure that you limit the bandwidth to 33.6 Modem on shoutcast's web site and than choose from the streams listed. You maybe selecting a high bandwidth stream which isn't going to hang on a GSM network, it's going to keep buffering.
    It's not Cingular's transmission rates that are at fault for being slow it's GSM's current gprs capabilities.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    raf,
    Cingular (or TMO's) GRPS service is akin to a 56K modem -- it can't handle sustained data rates in excess of about 33.6k or so. I've got the same setup as you (CNG, Media Express) and usually have no problem if I connect to a 24kbps data stream. Once I hit33k or higher, I get buffering...
    Try setting the filter in shoutcast to 33k or 24k and listen to those. They'll all be mono, but it's better than nothing -- similar to music on an AM station.
    Visorphone>T180>T600>T650
    What are some other advantages to upgrading your ptunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Godstyle
    What are some other advantages to upgrading your ptunes?
    From their website:

NEW in 2.1 Streaming MP3.
    Listen to ShoutCast Internet radio. (deluxe version only)

NEW in 2.0 Crossfade.
    Smoothly fade from one song to the next. (deluxe version only)

NEW in 2.0 Gapless Playback.
    No skipping between songs recorded from live albums or DJ mix CDs. (deluxe version only)

NEW in 2.0 Bookmarks.
    Never lose your place again in your audio books or music. (deluxe version only)

NEW in 2.0 Auto-Bookmark.
    Automatically create bookmarks. (deluxe version only)

Good lookin' out Cash70.