Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ACDee-knucklehead and myself in the same category? With the guy who called me Chicken-Little?
    Give'im a chance; he's harmful, really
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    I'll give it another try. Remind me again the usefulness of sending avi directly, Alli. Thanks
    The usefulness is...when you're out of town and taking vids, you can send 'em off and let people view 'em right away and not wait until you get home. Additionally, once you've e-mailed the avi, you can delete it and save space!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The usefulness is...when you're out of town and taking vids, you can send 'em off and let people view 'em right away and not wait until you get home. Additionally, once you've e-mailed the avi, you can delete it and save space!
    Per usual, you are three steps ahead of me My $6 million question: Being a Mac user, can I use QuickTime to view the vids?
    Per usual, you are three steps ahead of me My $6 million question: Being a Mac user, can I use QuickTime to view the vids?
    you should be able to. if you can't then do search for "mjpg codec" for the Mac.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you should be able to. if you can't then do search for "mjpg codec" for the Mac.
    The video clips end up with "liv" (after their names) not "mjpg," so QuickTime does not recognize them. How do you save a video clip to mjpg format?
    The video clips end up with "liv" (after their names) not "mjpg," so QuickTime does not recognize them. How do you save a video clip to mjpg format?
    You must be using v2.0. tap on the open folder icon then select a movie then tap on Export. the export screen with be opened. select export type = AVI. the .avi is saved to the /dcim folder. you can the use mmplayer on the palm to play it back or read the card with your desktop PC/MAC
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I'm trying to use the new version of Live but every single time I try to view or export a movie, the Treo completely freezes. Even just loading a movie freezes causes a freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I'm trying to use the new version of Live but every single time I try to view or export a movie, the Treo completely freezes. Even just loading a movie freezes causes a freeze.
    lb505, my Treo froze at least a hundred-thousand times until I noticed that the video clips have been saved to my RAM not my SD card. Once I switched to the SD card, it stopped freezing. I am still, however, trying to get the "export" portion to work...and in time it probably will
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    You must be using v2.0. tap on the open folder icon then select a movie then tap on Export. the export screen with be opened. select export type = AVI. the .avi is saved to the /dcim folder. you can the use mmplayer on the palm to play it back or read the card with your desktop PC/MAC
    It worked: Thanks. However, I do have a quick question regarding the speed of the video clip on the Mac/QuickTime. The video clip ran at "hyper" speed, really fast. Is this because it is a demo, or do I need to adjust the speed somehow?
    lb505, my Treo froze at least a hundred-thousand times until I noticed that the video clips have been saved to my RAM not my SD card. Once I switched to the SD card, it stopped freezing. I am still, however, trying to get the "export" portion to work...and in time it probably will
    Thanks. I'll try this but since I have a SLOW writing card, I was hoping that saving to RAM would work.
    Seems to me this is all easier with Ryan Rife's free MovieRec application available at www.infinityball.com
    When I save the clip, I have a choice of saving to RAM or SD card. It takes time to save to the card due to the Treo's slow I/O, but playback is very nice. I usualy record at 15 fps. This has come in very handy for various occasions and outings.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have MovieRec but wanted to try Live. From what I have read, you can e-mail the avi straight from your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Seems to me this is all easier with Ryan Rife's free MovieRec application.
    I am using Ryan's and chiru's MovieRec and desktop applications. I like them both with two caveats: a. Live! has the ability to export and watch clips with QuickTime on my Mac, b. chiru still hasn't gotten around to produce his desktop app for the Mac. Nevertheless, I like Ryan and chiru a lot and will continue to support them!
    .... b. chiru still hasn't gotten around to produce his desktop app for the Mac. Nevertheless, I like Ryan and chiru a lot and will continue to support them!
    Check out the new version for Mac and let me know Muziek.

http://132.235.17.1/~puri/Treo600/java

-chiru
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    Check out the new version for Mac and let me know Muziek.

http://132.235.17.1/~puri/Treo600/java

-chiru
    chiru, very poky, flooded my desktop with icons (frames), took almost two hours to get my composure and finally I have decided to quit. Am doing something wrong? I did install Netpbm (or rather "Fink").
    chiru, very poky, flooded my desktop with icons (frames), took almost two hours to get my composure and finally I have decided to quit. Am doing something wrong? I did install Netpbm (or rather "Fink").
    Sorry about that, I should have specified that it is better to create a directory and download it(mvrec2mpeg.jar) in there and run it from there. The reason for the icons is that the program creates a PPM file for each frame and then combines them together with ppmtompeg. From the command line run ppmtompeg just to make sure it is in your path. Let me know if the problem persists.

-chiru
    Thanks chiru. I think I made it sound worst than it was. Let me see if I understand you: I should double-click on mvrec2mpeg.jar and then create a directory?
    Thanks chiru. I think I made it sound worst than it was. Let me see if I understand you: I should double-click on mvrec2mpeg.jar and then create a directory?

Noooo

1. Create a directory
    2. Move mvrec2mpeg.jar into the directory
    3. Move the movierec file into the directory
    4. Double click mvrec2mpeg.jar and convert the file

-chiru
    Thanks chiru! Got it. I'll keep you posted, and thanks again for thinking about us, Mac users.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    Noooo

1. Create a directory
    2. Move mvrec2mpeg.jar into the directory
    3. Move the movierec file into the directory
    4. Double click mvrec2mpeg.jar and convert the file

-chiru
    chiru, I followed your instructions and here's my experience: After 45 minutes I gave up. The mvrec2mpeg seems to be converting (I see the message that it is doing that) but nothing happened for that amount of time. I have an iMac with lots of RAM and big hard drive, using OS X 2.1. The T600's video clip was very short. Do you know if anybody else has experienced this? Thanks in advance!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast