Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Well I have not purchased the Car Kit yet, but have performmed the upgrade so that I could purchase a kit. Has anyone verified yet whether or not this is an isolated Hardware Rev B issue, and does not affect the C Revs? I have a B so even if works on the C I still would be SOL.

I am really disappointed that PalmOne/THB have screwed this up after making the Sprint users wait so long for this kit. If this were some weird problem that only happened 1 out of 1000 times I could understand, but not being able to receive any calls should have been caught well before the claims that the Car Kit would work were made. I love my Treo, but if PalmOne is going to be in the mobile phone business, then they are going to have to put much more effort into support and accessories for their phones.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well, we can add another user to the list who can't use the car kit. I have hardware revision C. Alan can now change the number of users to 8. Not to mention the number of people who simply haven't come forward. I paid an awful lot fo money for something that doesn't work...I hope they fix it soon.
    Just curious, are there reports of any Sprint people using this car kit without difficulty?

Only 8 people is a lot if it's 100%. So far, this problem seems fairly universal.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I've had the car kit for a few weeds and it's great! It works significantly better than my Motorola kit worked with my V60i phone. I have the kit that is hard wired, and I had a phone store do the installation. It really works well. I highly recomnmend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy
    I've had the car kit for a few weeds and it's great! It works significantly better than my Motorola kit worked with my V60i phone. I have the kit that is hard wired, and I had a phone store do the installation. It really works well. I highly recomnmend it.
    Is Sprint your service provider? If so, you are the first person who is popped on the board who has the car kit working completely with a Sprint phone. If not, off-topic man.

P.S: "a few weeds"--is that what it takes to get the car kit to work with a Sprint phone?
    I have an original Treo 600. Ran the 1.2 updater. Car kit call out perfectly. I even have the radio interrupt functioning. Incoming does not work. Their suggestion of ejecting and re-inserting the phone only causes major echo.
    Well I jsut got a Text message from Palmone directing me to the website for a patch in the updater. I got all excited thinking it was the fix for the car kit. But alas, no, there is still no fix. C'mon Palm ....get your act together.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Jayrosenblum, I am having the same problem with the car kit. It seemed to work fine for a while, but not whenever I receive a call, I have to remove and replace the phone in the cradle in order for the car kit to work. Help!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy
    Jayrosenblum, I am having the same problem with the car kit. It seemed to work fine for a while, but not whenever I receive a call, I have to remove and replace the phone in the cradle in order for the car kit to work. Help!
    Call PalmOne and let them have it. The only way this is going to get fixed is if you all keep bringing the issue to their attention.
    After over two weeks of reports that the Sprint update does not make their phones fully compatible with the car kit (including reports from Treocentral staff), Palmone's web site still says that "The palmOne car kit now is supported" by the Sprint Updater, and Treocentral advertises that "This Car Kit works with all Treo 600 models."

This is beyond any kind of "mistake," honest or otherwise. This is outright fraud. Maybe it is time that we start making complaints to the consumer protection agencies in our respective states.
    I ordered the car kit for my Sprint Treo 600 a few weeks ago and had it installed today. $500+ later I discovered that the kit can make calls flawlessly, but must be removed from the kit to answer an incoming call. Thought it must be a problem with other software on my device and came to Treocentral to see if anyone else was having the problem... needless to say, I wish I'd read this thread BEFORE I bought the kit. Hugely disappointing to see that PalmOne is lying about the kit and then failing to respond to its most committed users about the status of a solution, or even offering a simple acknowledgement that the issue is universal.
    Add another satisfied customer. I installed the car kit last weekend, and at first it did not work at all. I had installed a few utilities, like Snapper, treo alegro and treo alert. Thinking it was my own stupidity, I did a hard reset and installed less utilities. Thought it was fixed until I tried to answer incoming calls. At the very least I'm grateful that I found this discussion because I have already wasted countless hours messing with this thing, only to find that it doesn't work for anyone. I am a new Sprint user, who switched from ATT and paid an early termination penalty just to get a CDMA Treo. Needless to say I am already less than impressed with Sprint. Will try to bug them independently, since my company still has a corporate account with ATT and Sprint has been trying to get us to switch, so I have a tiny bit of leverage (maybe??). Will keep the board informed of any progress on this front.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Good luck trying to go after Sprint, but it's really not their fault. PalmOne wrote the (faulty) driver in this case.
    I'm not so interested in going after Sprint as getting them to use their leverage (which you must admit must be more than ours seems to be) with Palm to fix the problem. Bottom line, I don't really care who fixes it, just so it gets fixed.
    BUMP!

Anything new??
    Alan Jarvis of THB told me today that there is as yet no resolution to the problem, which is a Palm issue, but that it is being worked on as a high-priority item by the Palm development team. He estimates that a fix will be available in an interval measurable in days; since this is software debugging it obviously can't be quantified exactly.

He says that the fix will not involve any hardware changes, and that it will take the form of either a patch, or perhaps a complete new 1.2 upgrade, with new code.

He also mentioned that he will probably be the first to know of a fix, and that he has a list of all affected users that have been in touch with him, and that he will call them to let them know how to get ahold of the fix. You can reach him at the THB support number, which is 1-800-232-3816, or at their support email address, which is techsupport@thb-usa.com.

Eli
    Eli Willner
    Thanks for the update, Eli. In Days? Can PalmOne even move that fast?? I guess we shall see....

Thanks again,

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Thanks for the update, Eli. In Days? Can PalmOne even move that fast?? I guess we shall see....
    I also spoke with Alan. Very nice and very knowledgeable. He is also frustrated with this failure on palmOne's part. Yesterday, he told me that he is scheduled to have a conferance call with palmOne tomorrow (Thursday).

I wish him luck.
    I so very much want to trick out my T600 even better than it is now (Butler, Agendus upgrade, Teal Auto etc.) but I keep waiting until this issue with the bugs in the CDMA Sprint/Treo 1.20 & Sprint Car Kit patches have been fully addressed and ready to go. What happened with Thursday's PalmOne/THB conference call? Let's just hope it wasn't delayed.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast