Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catlook
    movie...iget this error accesing your link:

Sorry, but the page or the file that you're looking for is not here.

:/
    Try now, I typoed the link
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Can anyone speak to the sound quality of the DSP vs. non-DSP models of the THB kit? I would think Sprint customers would see little benefit to the DSP version, as CDMA already cancels out most background noise. Possibly there's other advantages though...?
    The sound volume appears slightly lower on the VoiceTalk DSP unit than what I was experiencing on the TrendTalk unit.
    I'm not sure if that's a function of the DSP or if there was possbily something AFU on the install. I'm talking with THB about it now.
    I have the TREO 600 from Sprint. I updated to the new software and I had the THB handsfree kit installed. Now when I make a call from the unit everything works perfect. But when I receive a call it doesn't work at all. I have contacted THB and they seem to think it is a software problem with the phone. Has anyone here had the same experience or does any one know how ot fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrosenblum
    I have the TREO 600 from Sprint. I updated to the new software and I had the THB handsfree kit installed. Now when I make a call from the unit everything works perfect. But when I receive a call it doesn't work at all. I have contacted THB and they seem to think it is a software problem with the phone. Has anyone here had the same experience or does any one know how ot fix this? Thanks in advance.
    So you had the kit BEFORE the 1.20 update and it worked? And now after installing the update you can't receive a call? wow, that's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    So you had the kit BEFORE the 1.20 update and it worked? And now after installing the update you can't receive a call? wow, that's weird.
    Actually...I did not have the kit before the update. I got the update the day it came out and then I had the kit overnighted to me. I bought the kit from THB, not PalmOne but it is essentially the same kit...I just got a few upgrades. But they make the same thing for the Treo.

I spoke with the epople at THB and they are almost sure this is a software issue as I am able to make calls out just fine but the kit just doesn't work when I receive the calls. I ave done a hard reset and even reintalled the updater to no avail. I am waiting to hear back from THB. I am going to try another Treo inthe kit tomorrow and see if that is it.
    Thanks for the info, guys.

Jay, which THB kit are you using?

I was really not all that interested in palmOne's version, but now that I see the CarTalk and VoiceTalk versions, I am more interested. These versions offer the Audio harness that allow me to use my car's speakers. The DSP versions offer a privacy headset option too.

But looking at THB USA's website, this gets darn expensive. The CarTalk DSP version with the Treo cradle and audio harness runs about $350. The VoiceTalk would be well over $400!!

Marcus, do you have any idea the upgraded version will cost when you begin to offer it next week?
    Last edited by GalenMD; 05/20/2004 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Thanks for the info, guys.

Jay, which THB kit are you using?

I was really not all that interested in palmOne's version, but now that I see the CarTalk and VoiceTalk versions, I am more interested. These versions offer the Audio harness that allow me to use my car's speakers. The DSP versions offer a privacy headset option too.

But looking at THB USA's website, this gets darn expensive. The CarTalk DSP version with the Treo cradle and audio harness runs about $350. The VoiceTalk would be well over $400!!

Marcus, do you have any idea the upgraded version will cost when you begin to offer it next week?
    I have the syste, 8 Cartalk with the externa antenna (sp?) and the take and talk cradle. All told it was $327.00. But I still haven't gotten incoming calls to work. The outgoing calls work like a charm. I am going to try a different Treo today to rule out problems with the phone. THB continues to think it is a Palmone software problem and they are working well with me to resolve it.
  8. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Am I the only person to have major problems with THBs website - lots of red "x" , no links and really slow.......
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    jayrosenblum, let us know how it turns out. I'd be surprised if it was a problem with the new firmware update, but you never know. (3rd party app maybe?)

So does anyone here use the Seidio car kit? I'm curious to hear an opinion on it. Although if I can get the THB kit for $150 on Ebay that might just seal the deal.
    The Keyboard driver does intefere with the carkit app.
    If you happen to have a keyboard driver installed, you need to disable it when putting your Treo in the carkit.
    Moviegene....firts....how do I know if I have a keyboard driver and second how do I disable it if I do?
    You would have had to install the keyboard driver.
    It would show up in RAM with the filename PortableKB and a creator ID of UBKD
    When it's launched one of the options is for Status (Enable/Disable)
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    You would have had to install the keyboard driver.
    It would show up in RAM with the filename PortableKB and a creator ID of UBKD
    When it's launched one of the options is for Status (Enable/Disable)
    I don't have it nor am I any closer to a solution. Does anyone think it could be Snappermail or Graffitianywhere? Those are the only third party apps installed. For now when I get a call in the car I have to snap the phone out and talk...this is very frustrating because it works so well when I make a call out.
    It can't hurt to remove those two apps and try again.
    I don't have either of those installed.
    I just ordered the THB kit from Dan's on Ebay ($144).
    Does anyone have this kit installed who has had "no problems"???
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrosenblum
    I don't have it nor am I any closer to a solution. Does anyone think it could be Snappermail or Graffitianywhere? Those are the only third party apps installed.
    Wouldn't it be easy to just remove those 2 apps & re- check it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Wouldn't it be easy to just remove those 2 apps & re- check it?
    i'll do it and let you guys know
    I removed the apps and still didn't work....oh well...anyone have any bright Ideas and can I hear from anyone who is Using the THB/PalmOne Kit with a Sprint Treo 600 that is working so I know they exist.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I recently got the car kit from PalmOne and am having the same problem. Works on making calls but does not work when I receive a call. I hope we find the solution soon.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    uh oh, this doesn't sound good. 2 people with the same problem is almost a trend! Very strange, since the updated firmware was specifically designed to work with the PalmOne (THB) car kit.
    It's gotta be some some kind of 3rd party conflict, doesn't it....?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast