Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
  1. afr
    Had some problems initially (probably user error), but the car kit with patch works well for me now. I have seen some other glitches introduced seemingly by the patch (at least I didn't use to have some of these problems before the patch). One is that if the phone is "off" when I try to check e-mail using VersaMail, if I try to turn the phone on by responding to the Treo's question "Do you want to turn the phone on" and then clicking on the proffered check box, the Treo soft resets frequently.

Also, there have been some problems with the keyboard stopping working in the middle of a sentence. I have to soft reset to get it to respond again. Not too big a problem, though.
    I installed the patch and it got rid of the required poping in and out as well as the echo but one problem is if i have an incomming call that i recieve and want to take it off hands free i have to do the popping mossion to get that to work, Any idea when a full release update is going to come out for this one?
    Now that the Seido GPS car kit is available, can anyone comment on its quality?
    boing
    I just got a replacement Treo 600 via Lockline earlier this week and the Sprint 1.20 updater is already included, thank god! I also noticed that a file, CarKit_EPc2_AP has been installed there as well. I'll have to search my laptop/synch manager for any other car kit files I might have missed during synch.

When I opened up Treo Guard, it asked me if I wanted to install "FakeCarKit.prc" on to my Treo. What the heck is that?!

I'm thinking I may have lucked out and I already have what I need to get a T600 car kit (palmOne, Seidio, or ThB). Am I correct?
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I just got a replacement Treo 600 via Lockline earlier this week and the Sprint 1.20 updater is already included, thank god! I also noticed that a file, CarKit_EPc2_AP has been installed there as well. I'll have to search my laptop/synch manager for any other car kit files I might have missed during synch.

When I opened up Treo Guard, it asked me if I wanted to install "FakeCarKit.prc" on to my Treo. What the heck is that?!

I'm thinking I may have lucked out and I already have what I need to get a T600 car kit (palmOne, Seidio, or ThB). Am I correct?
    ###
    KevMeister...
    Answer "no and don't prompt again" to the Treo Guard prompt. You have what you need for a car kit. I just had to replace my Treo600 too and I didn't have to do any upgrading to get the phone to work with the ThB car kit I already have.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Norpah,

Great! Thanks for the info. BTW, how do you like your ThB car kit...custom
    install or cigarette lighter version? (And where did you get it?) I might go with Seidio...yet I want to make sure I get the one that does the best job, regardless of price.

Sidebar: After thinking about it, I figured out that "FakeCarKit" thing. Im guessing its for when you driving at night and don't wanna be distracted by the bright screen! Is this a correct assumption? In any case I won't install it, as it might muck up my Treo. (I'll look for other alternatives, if available.)
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Norpah,

Great! Thanks for the info. BTW, how do you like your ThB car kit...custom
    install or cigarette lighter version? (And where did you get it?) I might go with Seidio...yet I want to make sure I get the one that does the best job, regardless of price.
    ###
    I love the ThB car kit. I ordered it from Dan's Cellular Accessories on ebay. He had the best price at the time.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...sasel=41248270

My son did a custom install for me in my Ford Escape. It looks like a factory installed unit, with no wires showing anywhere.

You should get a custom bracket made for your vehicle, regardless of the car kit you buy. This bracket will support just about any cell phone cradle. You can get one at this link.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/

myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Norpah,

Thanks for tips. I'll think I'll go for ThB car kit once the next version of the Treo comes out (late 2005/early 2006?). Hope they make them when that time comes. For now, I'm gonna do a 180 degree thing and get the low-cost Seidio version (cigarette lighter) for about 40 bucks. I'm on a budget anyway, so this will do for now.
    ###
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011