1.    #1  
    I have been seeing a problem with picturemail links recieved from people on my Treo and it goes like this.

1. Receive SMS alert for a picture with the the 3 options (OK, Cancel, GoTo) I click on goto and all is well and I see th photo.

2. If I click ok and go back to the sms message with the link to the photo and click the hyperlink I get the page that says the picture has been deleted or removed by the owner bla bla bla. I know it is still there and shared on the website.

This all started AFTER the 1.20 update and I am willing to bet it has something to do with these parts of the "public" info for the udate...

Browser has been improved to better handle redirect links used in conjunction with the Sprint download service.

The browser now supports playback of voice memos that might be received with incoming Picture Mail messages.

I just want to know if anyone else is seeing this. Of course the SPCS "Data" techs are about as helpful as a hole in the head!

I "Think" I have narrowed it down to a corrupted link being embedded in the SMS message but what changes between you going strait to the link from the original alert verses going back to it in you SMS program I don't know.

In my case this is 100% reproable, is anyone else seeing this?????

I upgraded from 1.10 no errors
    HW Rev C
    The same thing happened to me...received an SMS msg with a link, but when I went to follow it, Sprint said the picture had been deleted.

Later this evening I tried again to pull up the picture and it showed up with no problem. Since I had received pictures after upgrading and now with no problem, I think it was a temporary glitch with Sprint picture mail.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zipdrive007
    The browser now supports playback of voice memos that might be received with incoming Picture Mail messages.
    Has anyone been able to get to a voice memo sent through picture mail? I sent my treo one from a Sanyo 8200, and the picture website I went to from the picture sms did not have a link to play a voice memo like it does when you go to the webpage from a pc.
  4.    #4  
    I guess this must be a problem just for me. I have been able to repro it 100% of the time though... Seems strange.. I think I will run the update just for the heck of it again..
  5. VH1
    Did reinstalling the updater fix the problem? I am unable to access picturemail links too.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue with it saying the picture does not exist. Has anyone been able to fix this yet?
    I am once again getting the error message that the page (usually comments to my picture mail) has been deleted...sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
    I have a different problem:
    I get a message saying I have a picturemail. I select "go to" and it opens with a link.
    My problem is that clicking on the link does nothing. I believe it's supposed to open Blazer and it doesn't. I'm having to highlight the link, copy it and then paste it in Blazer in order to go to the picturemail site and see the picture. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    After calling Tech Support and then telling me to go to a store and sitting there for 1 1/2 hours, they just gave me a new phone. I'm not going to run the update on it for awhile until they can figure out the problem.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    well they gave me a new phone and I synced everything and I have the same problem on this phone. I didn't do the update, but noticed that it updated the phone I guess when I did the sync.
  11. dre
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    well they gave me a new phone and I synced everything and I have the same problem on this phone. I didn't do the update, but noticed that it updated the phone I guess when I did the sync.
    I also got a new phone after update caused pic mail problem described at start of this thread. However, before I hotsynced new phone to install all of my software, I check phone info and it already had the 1.2 upgrade right from the box. However, the phone was actually refurbished and not NEW. This means that handspring/palm is installing 1.2 onto refurbs. Interestingly, the refurb had the same pic mail problem, intermittently. Finally, after testing and retesting, it failed completely. Couldn't get on data network (error 3000). Wouldn't accept reprovisioning. Brought this phone back to store and told them I wanted a brand new one with 1.1 in the ROM. They finally agreed. Have not tried to upgrade the NEW phone to 1.2. Will wait for 1.3.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mine started working correctly today for some strange reason
    Quote Originally Posted by cferd
    I get a message saying I have a picturemail. I select "go to" and it opens with a link.
    My problem is that clicking on the link does nothing. I believe it's supposed to open Blazer and it doesn't. I'm having to highlight the link, copy it and then paste it in Blazer in order to go to the picturemail site and see the picture. Anyone else?
    I'm having this problem too. I hope that there is a fix.
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by cferd
    I have this same issue... I wonder if the original posters problem and ours are related... they sure seem similar. I have had 2 T600's so far and have never successfully received a picture. I have gone around and around with tech support and the sprint store. It's not that big of a deal but I would like it to work as advertised...

anyone found an answer yet?

Doc.
    Actualy, I just tried your work around by cutting and pasting the link and got the "Share Deleted" message. That has also been mentioned.

So still no luck at all for me.

Doc.
    having the same exact issue - "share deleted". Also I cant go to the vision website any more. All since the upgrade. Does anybody know of a way to reinstall blazer? is there a blazer.prc I could download somewhere?
    It's weird but you have to copy&paste the link into Blazer BUT you have to omit that last space that copied with the link and press enter. Still a hassle but works for now