1.    #1  
    I did about 3 hours ago. 3:00pm PT, Friday 5/14. Now I CAN'T TURN WIRELESS mode ON!

All procedures seemed to work as written in the instructions. Following the upgrade, I was prompted for a final re-sync - and all my apps & data apparently reloaded normally. Everything seems to work - EXCEPT:

I can't turn on the wireless phone mode!!!!!!!

When I select phone and hold down the ON button, I see the "Connecting to Wireless Carrier" screen for 5-10" - then the Treo 600 apparently RESETS.

The screen goes black, then I see the PalmOne OS logo, then end up at the dial screen - but wireless is still NOT on! I've tried reset. no change.

I'm calling Sprint for help.

But until we figure what is going on, I'd recommend waiting a day or so.

Prior to the upgrade, every app and function worked normally & perfectly. No problems at all!!

I wanted to get the firmware upgrade to be able to install Audocity Digital Recorder. I did that immediately following the re-sync after upgrading. It now works. Of course, the phone doesn't - so Audocity is the first to go.

I'll keep everybody posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyts
    I did about 3 hours ago. 3:00pm PT, Friday 5/14. Now I CAN'T TURN WIRELESS mode ON!

All procedures seemed to work as written in the instructions. Following the upgrade, I was prompted for a final re-sync - and all my apps & data apparently reloaded normally. Everything seems to work - EXCEPT:

I can't turn on the wireless phone mode!!!!!!!

When I select phone and hold down the ON button, I see the "Connecting to Wireless Carrier" screen for 5-10" - then the Treo 600 apparently RESETS.

The screen goes black, then I see the PalmOne OS logo, then end up at the dial screen - but wireless is still NOT on! I've tried reset. no change.

But until we figure what is going on, I'd recommend waiting a day or so.

Prior to the upgrade, every app and function worked normally & perfectly. No problems at all!!

I wanted to get the firmware upgrade to be able to install Audocity Digital Recorder. I did that immediately following the re-sync after upgrading. It now works. Of course, the phone doesn't - so Audocity is the first to go.

I'll keep everybody posted.
    Hundreds have with little too no problems !
    Did you have a modified phone app with the Aqua (or other) custom graphics installed?
    I had your exact issue and solved it by not restoring the phone app from my backup. Do a selective restore.
    Oh and don't be such a drama queen :]
    I had the same problem. Just to a hard reset and the problems goes away.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyts
    I called Sprint earlier today (Friday) and was told they are not supporting the firmware update yet. They suggested calling Palm who suggested calling Sprint.

Hard reset did the trick for me.
    Had some problems, till I did the "hard reset, upgrade, restore data" deal, and worked like a charm.
    All I did to resolve this problem was to delete a program (a hack) that I had installed on my phone months earlier. The program is called "Phone". If you don't have this application installed, there is probably another one that you will need to delete. (I can almost guarantee you that there is some program you added in the past that is not compatible with this new firmware.)
    i was one of the lucky ones tried the upgrade first thing this morning everything went smooth untill i had to turn the phone on nothing kept resetting. Tried hard and soft resets and the same thing could not turn on the phone. Went to my local sprint store told them i want a tech to look at it heard him on the phone with someone else describing my problem and about half hour later came out with a new phone for me. I was Nervous about doing the update just finished and sure enough same thing happened.This time i did hard reset and reinstaled 1 file at a time from backup buddy and now it works fine.
    It sounds like you have a third party App that's not playing nicely. Hard resetting soundd slike it will clear up the problem.
    Whoa!! no need to cause a riot... the update worked flawlessly for me
    Same for me... had the cyclic resets until I did a selective restore EXCLUDING Phone app (and Business Connection) and then all worked well. I now have sound and a functioning email app! Well worth the effort.
    <phew> LauncherX caused continuous reboots on HotSync restore, but once I removed it from my backup folder, all was well. Audacity works well, but for some reason my 512MB card can only write fast enough for Compressed 6Khz. Sounds fine, though....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air