1.    #1  
    This was discussed awhile back, but the Treo 600 for Sprint was not capable of voice recording. But now it is! Please make software for Treo that would make Treo act as answering machine when people call.

When people call you, you could:

1) ignore
    2) answer
    3) or SCREEN CALL

How it "could" work:

either set your Treo to screen calls after certain number of rings (a number less than it would go to voicemail) or add an extra on-screen dialouge that would say "screen call".

If you screen calls, your caller would hear a message of some sort that you are unavailable-please leave a message (use a "cover-up" sound method in Lightwav?). Then these calls could be recorded to card or internal memory. The whole point is you can listen to the caller & decide to pick up or let record or even hang up. Also it would be nice if each recorded message could have the corresponding caller id, time, date, etc to log these messages.

Like I said, this has been discussed earlier & it was under my impression that once the firmware supported it, this would be fairly easy to implement.

Please do it!
  2.    #2  
    bumpo
  3.    #3  
    bump
    This is the second time I see Treoneo leave this sort of msg in a post *bump*.
    What sup with that. Is it some sort of code...or do you just want to build up your amount of post.

Can someone people tell me what's going on.
    Oh and while we're in the subject, I've also noticed some members post a msg and right after it is another msg from the same member blank...this can't be intentional..is it?
    A "bump" is when the current topic is being bumped to the top of the list
    He's just a member...can he do this?
    Doesn't he have to be a TC staff to be able to bump a post to the top of the list.
    Also, i thought this was done automatically by TC.
    Bumping a post brings it to the top of the list so that it gets more attention. Anyone can bump any post. You dont even have to type anything. Even a post filled with blank space or jibberish is considered a bump. More commonly though you will see the word "bump" in the post so that people understand that the user who bumped it is eagerly awaiting a response.
    BUMP stands for "Bring Up My Post." People write it when they want their thread or message to move to the top of the list and don't have anything meaningful to say. New messages (regardless of whether they say BUMP or something else) cause the thread they appear in to move to the top of the new messages list and also the top of the list of threads within a thread's particular category, such as Communications, Utilities, Treo 600 Hardware, and etc. The thread stays at the top until a new message appears in a different thread. This way very active threads typically are near the top of their list.

I wondered forever about BUMP and finally looked it up because it appears so frequently on TreoCentral. It's a harmless thing when used intelligently.
    Ok..now i get it.
    Thanks for taking me out of my misery

I still think it makes no sense...when you first post a thread it goes to the top, if no one response it might be cause they don't know anything on the subject or are not interested.
    (not that I'm telling anyone not to do the *Bump* )
  10.    #10  
    I got all excited and thought some folks responded to my post! Nope. :-(. Bump-again!
    That is pretty funny, actually. 10 messages posted and not one of them actually pertain to your original post!!
    Make it 11. But I think a voicemail-to-your-treo-via-wav-file is a way cool idea.
    Just to keep the trend going, I'll add number twelve and point out that the first message in this thread is the only one on topic!
    I really need this feature. For some reason, I DO NOT have a startup/shutdown sound anymore. Not sure if it's because of AQUA+ or not. I also have the latest Firmware, but had this problem since 3.04.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    The whole point is you can listen to the caller & decide to pick up or let record or even hang up. Also it would be nice if each recorded message could have the corresponding caller id, time, date, etc to log these messages.

Like I said, this has been discussed earlier & it was under my impression that once the firmware supported it, this would be fairly easy to implement.

Please do it!

Yes, I agree that a call screening feature would be nice on the Treo... But AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $problem$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $sound$ $recording$ $feature$ $cannot$ $access$ $the$ $audio$ $from$ $the$ $phone$ $part$. $That$ $is$ $why$ $apps$ $like$ $Audacity$ $cannot$ $record$ $phone$ $calls$ $without$ $being$ $speaker$ $phone$ $mode$ $or$ $require$ $the$ $Seidio$ $headset$. $Thus$, $I$ $do$ $not$ $know$ $if$ $the$ $app$ $you$ $are$ $suggesting$ $is$ $even$ $possible$ $unfortunately$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic is right, the phone would have to answered in speaker phone mode to work. This would allow screening the call easily also, but certainly wouldn't be a very good solution if you are concerned about privacy.

Another answer might be be a small mic jack plug that would route the speaker output back into the mic. If you want your phone to be an answering machine you insert the plug and enable the software.

Thoughts?

Tom Harrah
    Audacity Audio developer