Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I just performed the Sprint firmware upgrade to v 1.20. However, my email app didn't upgrade for some reason. I'm still running Mail v. 1.02Beta. I was told the new version is 1.02a.

Does anyone know how I can install the new version and get rid of the old? I went to PalmOne's support area, but it appears they do not offer the email app as a standalone yet. It seems to only be available via the firmware upgrade.

Any suggestions (other than reinstalling the 1.20 upgrade)?

Thanks

Ed
    There was some info in the "Update, update, update" post and the pople that had the issue had to delelte the current version (V1,2beta) in order to see V1.2A. It was there, just the other was taking priority or somehting, scan thru that post and see if you can find it.
    Hope this helps
    It probably needs to be deleted from your Backup directory and device, then Sync again.
    Last edited by drknucklehead; 05/14/2004 at 05:06 PM.
    I'd say it probably needs to be deleted from your RAM. I think the new one writes itself to ROM (the system only memory where you can't delete stuff)... If the treo sees an app in RAM that is also in ROM, it loads up the on in RAM, thinking it is probably newer than the one in ROM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscoradio
    I'd say it probably needs to be deleted from your RAM.
    That is exactly what my problem was. Once I deleted the old application (app only), the newer version showed up. I kept all preferences and related databases and all my config settings and old emails were saved.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by limoman; 05/14/2004 at 08:03 PM.
    yes, very scary. I did the same thing. Just deleted the orig mail app, the treo rebooted, and when I started the Mail app again, it was 1.02A. Lost all settings though.

Brian