1.    #1  
    My Treo 270 receiver suddenly stopped working yestrerday. When I turn the wireless on I get a screen saying:

Error: Please check your SIM card to see if it is damaged or missing (0x7004)

I checked the sim card and it looks fine, seems to have a good connection and I even tried another known-good SIM here at work and got the same error. I noticed the battery is going down fast too. I used to get about 3 days out of a full charge, now it's dead in about 8 hours. Is there a fix for any of this? If not, where can I buy a replacement unit?
  2.    #2  
    I just called T-Mobile and they told me about the "Radio Reset" utility that fixes this problem. Here is a link to the fix:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...o_reset_2.html

"If you are having trouble connecting to the wireless network, the Radio Reset Application can help. It is a utility and not a patch, so it should only be used if you're encountering difficulties registering to the network."
  3.    #3  
    I ran the radio reset utility and that didn't fix it. Still searching for network...

Any ideas?
    From what I have read, the radio reset is only for when the top of the
    screen says "Network Search..." but the Handspring logo guy doesn't
    appear at the bottom.

I have used it a few times successfully.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    You could try adding a pice of paper behind the sim so that it is jammed against the contacts incase it is loose. Also it seems that some sims can be damaged by the spring in the sim door. ( Not sure if this was a treo 180 problem only). you can search for the thread in the forums here.
    You can get replacment 950ma batterys on ebay.
    Do a backup!! before changing the battery as this will do a hard reset of your unit and wipe all you valuable info.
    Quote Originally Posted by bumchex
    I ran the radio reset utility and that didn't fix it. Still searching for network...

Any ideas?
    It didn't work for me either on a replacement unit I just received a couple of weeks ago. I saw a thread here or elsewhere in which someone said that what worked for them was downloading and running the non-GPRS radio reset option that's on the website and then reloading GPRS. I haven't tried that but it's the only option I know of other than trying to get a $70 replacement from T-M.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I had EXACTLY the same thing happen ...
    Palm support suggested a hard reset while connected to the hotsync cable (or power cable ... can't remember which) and let it fully recharge before turning on.

It worked.
    Wow, my 270 started doing this exact same thing 'Error: Please check your SIM card to see if it is damaged or missing (0x7004)' this week and continues to do it. I've made sure it wasn't the sim card as I do have a back up phone that works fine with the sim. It is forcing me to upgrade - I was really waiting on the Tmobile to carry the 650 before upgrading - as I encountered too many problems with the 600 when I tried to go that route.

Could it be a conspiracy to force those of us with the 180/270 to upgrade or maybe it is mere coincidence - those things that make you go HMMMMM.
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Well, I did it - I switched from Tmobile to Cingular. Primarily due to fact that my Treo 270 started acting up - the phone portion would constantly turn itself off and give the error message given above. So I now have a brand new Treo 650 and couldn't be happier. I've had it for 3 days now and it is superb - nothing like the Treo 600's I had a year ago.

Anyways - just thought I'd sound off.
    Last edited by wagadesa; 04/15/2005 at 01:25 AM. Reason: mispelled word
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by wagadesa
    Well, I did it - I switched from Tmobile to Cingular. Primarily due to fact that my Treo 270 started acting up - the phone portion would constantly turn itself off and give the error message given above. So I now have a brand new Treo 650 and couldn't be happier. I've had it for 3 days now and it is superb - nothing like the Treo 600's I had a year ago.

Anyways - just thought I'd sound off.
    Well, I'm glad it's working for you, but my no-650 decision was made months ago. And T-M, my favorite carrier, is still waiting for an acceptable 650. I hope Palm will get it right on the next Treo. Just thought I'd sound off too.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.