Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    It goes through download process and then, as usual, asks if I want to save or open it. No matter which I pick it comes back with an error: Database: can't find (O x 0207).
    Any Ideas how to fix this?
    If it helps I did a backup to card/hard reset/ install update/ restore from card -- procedure when I did the update. All other functions work fine-- BTW, I LOVE THE SOUND RECORDING!
    I posted this same issue on the Multimedia thread. So - you're not alone. or...we're not alone.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I just found your thread in multimedia. Sorry I didn't look there first. Any fix yet?
    I just went to www.Treo1.com on my Treo 600 and downloaded a ringtone. It worked fine. RU using the Sprint Store for purchasing ringtones?
    I've tried three places for ringtones since I did the update yesterday - mididb.com, treobits.com, and the online Sprint store (that was a $1.50 wasted since I was charged for the download even though it didn't make it onto the device). I'm trying treo1.com now. Will post again with the result. (having issues staying connected to data today...hmmmm...)
    and upon trying treo1.com - same thing. Same can't find database error. Something must have been booted off our units during the upgrade. it's not that big a deal to me, but I'd like to be able to grab the random ringtone from time to time when the urge hits me....
    When we upgraded the GSM phones to 3.04, we had the same problem.
    Apparently the ringtone manager (midi manager), whatever it was called, changed. We ended up with a new app called sounds.
    There was a post BC on how to fix this. Problem is, I don't quite remember the instructions. Someone out there must remember this. I've searched every post that has 3.04 in it, and did not have any luck finding the original post.

For some odd reason, ToneHandler.prc comes to mind, but I don't know why.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I'm running into this problem as well after the update. I thought the update had gone smoothly too.
    I found a solution. If you delete your Unsaved Preferences file, you shouldn't get the error anymore. I'm just not sure what else is affected by deleting that file. I had seen this suggested in another thread in relation to having this problem after installing the 3.04 GSM firmware.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    has anyone figured out if there are any negative repercussions from deleting this 'unsaved prefrences' file?
    I haven't experienced any issues so far. From my reading, the Unsaved Preferences file is meant for "temporary" preferences, like something stored during the application running. By default it doesn't get hotsynced. Preferences that are meant to be permanent are supposed to go into the Saved Preferences file. This is something that's upto the developer of an application, so it's not something you really have control over.

http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do...s.html#1045826
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Alright...I took the plunge. Now I am getting an "unsupported media type" error.
    Frustrating. HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I restored from my card and am now back to the original error message when I try to download a midi ringtone from mididb.com.
    I deleted the file titled "Unsaved Prefrences" using FileZ. Is there another file with a similar name I should have deleted instead?
    When I try to access the Treo1.com ringtones I get an error ... page not found. Did they take down their "ringtones" page??
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie
    I restored from my card and am now back to the original error message when I try to download a midi ringtone from mididb.com.
    I deleted the file titled "Unsaved Prefrences" using FileZ. Is there another file with a similar name I should have deleted instead?
    I don't know. I only deleted Unsaved Preferences. I'm sorry if my prior suggestion has caused you more grief. I've run into a problem with Pocket Tunes not playing shoutcast streams, and a few second hang when disconnecting from Vision (which I think I've read others running into), so I'm going to hard reset and selectively restore files. I've tested, ringtone download, vision disconnect, and pocket tunes after the hard reset and they all worked as expected. So, some combination of settings and software is causing my problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    When I try to access the Treo1.com ringtones I get an error ... page not found. Did they take down their "ringtones" page??
    I can get to it from my computer just fine.
    Somone posted in another thread about the database error. They provided a link to a palmOne Knowledge Base page about the error.

palmOne KB Solution ID: 6885

KKenna said that the "Unsupported Media Type error" went away after a soft reset and setup of the touchscreen.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I appreciate all the help. I tried the link to the palmone database and keep getting an error. So I followed the directions from the linked thread-- touchscreen setup/soft reset... same error occurs. I then tried a soft rest/ touchscreen setup...same error.
    Am I missing a step?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! This is the routine that finally did it.
    1. using filez delete unsaved prefrences file
    2. recalibrate touchscreen.
    3. DO SOFT RESET.
    4. Download all the ringtones you want.

I appreciate all the help. I definitely felt the love.
    Great! Glad you figured it out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast