Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! This is the routine that finally did it.
    1. using filez delete unsaved prefrences file
    2. recalibrate touchscreen.
    3. DO SOFT RESET.
    4. Download all the ringtones you want.

I appreciate all the help. I definitely felt the love.

Thanks for posting this! I was really getting aggravated about this!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you delete your unsaved preferences file you better make sure you have all your registration codes handy because you will have to enter them all back in again. It also deletes some other settings.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    yep. lost snappermail info and had to reinstall and reinput unlock code. it seems like theH
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    what the??? why did I get cut off? anyway what I said was that it seems that is all I lost and that I hope there are not any other surprises waiting for me!
    Thanks a lot wachie and all others who helped in resolving this issue. I had been facing this proiblem myself and had not been able to figure out the problem and/or solution until this thread. Actually my GPRS did not work until about 2 weeks ago and it is only then that I tried downloading some rintones and faced this problem. I had the 3.04 update installed but since I had never tried downloading a ringtone before the update I had no way of knowing that this problem had crept in only after the update.
    Anyhow it's working fine now with the help of the instructions from wachie's post, thanks once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    If you delete your unsaved preferences file you better make sure you have all your registration codes handy because you will have to enter them all back in again. It also deletes some other settings.
    Now you tell me. I don't know if solving this issue was really worth it considering losing all these settings and therefore having to reinstall everything.
    Well after I went through the trouble of entering in a dozen or so unlock codes, I still found more problems. The worst one is that I can no longer run any programs off the SD card. As soon as I exit them I get a soft reset everytime. Even using the Palm launcher.

Thank god for BackBuddy. It brought everything back to normal. I guess I could just delete my unsaved prefs temporarily then download ringtones then restore it each time.

This is a pisser because I could download ringtones just fine before. Very frustrating. Hopefully they will come up with a patch, but I wont hold my breath. More likely someone here will come up with a better solution than deleting the unsaved preferences file.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    This is a pisser because I could download ringtones just fine before. Very frustrating. Hopefully they will come up with a patch, but I wont hold my breath. More likely someone here will come up with a better solution than deleting the unsaved preferences file.
    Well there is no need for a patch if you installed the update according to the original directions instead of doing the "clean" install via a temp profile as many in this thread have done. Unfortunately, this may not be the ideal solution for most users here...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am so sorry if I caused others to have problems because of my post. Personally I only had the snapper loss. I guess I was lucky.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I was the original person who posted this problem and solution with the 3.04 update. What I found is that when you delete the Unsaved Preferences file, the Treo loses your User Name. That's why many of your apps will seem unregistered. What you need to do is hotsync after deleting the file, so that Palm Desktop will reassign your Treo its original User Name. Then, most of the apps (like Snappermail and Datebk5) will suddenly be registered, without having to retype all the codes. Plus, I imagine, most of the other problems will be resolved.

At least, that was my experience. Hope that helps.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I've had no problems downloading regular polyphonic (midi) ringers, but I haven't been able to download the "real voice" ringers. Does anyone know how to fix this??? Also, if you're looking for a good ringer site, check this one out.
    www.3gforfree.com

They got a lot of good hiphop ringers on there.
    thanks - mrjoec, that little tidbit on the user name and HotSync helps me with a little issue I was having with handmark express that was causing me to scratch my head. It couldn't figure out what my user name was, and I'd never seen that before (since I'd never deleted my unsaved prefs file, ever, before).
    Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    I was the original person who posted this problem and solution with the 3.04 update. What I found is that when you delete the Unsaved Preferences file, the Treo loses your User Name. That's why many of your apps will seem unregistered. What you need to do is hotsync after deleting the file, so that Palm Desktop will reassign your Treo its original User Name. Then, most of the apps (like Snappermail and Datebk5) will suddenly be registered, without having to retype all the codes. Plus, I imagine, most of the other problems will be resolved.

At least, that was my experience. Hope that helps.
    Hey no problem at all mrjoec. I appreciate the tip and I am fully aware there are risks when deleting system files. There must be some other important settings in that pesky unsaved preferences file because even after re-syncing and getting back my user name, deleting all hacks and entering in my registration codes I still have the soft reset problem when using programs on the card or deleting programs. Each time I delete a program using the palm launcher I get a soft reset. Each time I exit a program that I am running fromt the card I get a soft reset. If I restore my original unsaved preferences file all problems disappear.
    I guess I don't need ring tones that badly :-)

Thanks
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12