1.    #1  
    You guys must be doing something wrong; I did the update and it went just as smoothly as the 1.10 update that was released not too long ago. It changed the palm boot logo and I think (I may be mistaken) it improved camera quality. There are a couple other features that were added in this update that I have yet to try out; but as far as installation and stability go...I recommend it 100%. The only other thing I can think of for people that are having issues is that you were impatient and installed another firmware not specifically designed for the Sprint T600.
    I agree, the update went great. I think most of the problems come from so many hacks and tweaks that you treos are frankintreos. Also the camera does seam much better in low light and the colors seem better balanced
    I upgraded to the new firmware without problem (version 1.20), but I still see those *&#@$ blue dots when using the camera! I don't see any improvement at all with the camera and the update, and I was really hoping this firmware would make that improvement. I'm happy that I can now record voice, but the camera is still such a basic feature, but I'm really only able to use the thing outside with plenty of light. Otherwise, it just turns into a Seurat painting...

Slightly disappointed...

-Brian
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    How do you do this upgrade? Could not find on the Sprint website. Thanks in advance.
    Read the article on the front page:
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/324-1.htm
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by joemed
    How do you do this upgrade? Could not find on the Sprint website. Thanks in advance.
    There is a huge post with the tile "Update,Update, Update", it's all about the SprintPCS/CDMA upgrade to Version 1.20, you will have to spend some time reading it, but there is some good info there.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilveR
    You guys must be doing something wrong; I did the update and it went just as smoothly as the 1.10 update that was released not too long ago. It changed the palm boot logo and I think (I may be mistaken) it improved camera quality. There are a couple other features that were added in this update that I have yet to try out; but as far as installation and stability go...I recommend it 100%. The only other thing I can think of for people that are having issues is that you were impatient and installed another firmware not specifically designed for the Sprint T600.
    Nobody is doing anthing "wrong". The instructions just don't take into account all of the infinite software combinations. Therefore problems arise and other methods are required such as hard reseting, syncing to a new virgin Hotsync ID and then restoring old data under old Hotsync ID or any of the other successful methods. My update went fine, but I find your post very snotty. Nobody was installing the wrong update and you would know if you read the posts.

Just my opinion.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zipdrive007
    I agree, the update went great. I think most of the problems come from so many hacks and tweaks that you treos are frankintreos. Also the camera does seam much better in low light and the colors seem better balanced
    Everyone seems to think the camera gets better after after firmware updates. It's called the power of suggestion.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Nobody is doing anthing "wrong". The instructions just don't take into account all of the infinite software combinations. Therefore problems arise and other methods are required such as hard reseting, syncing to a new virgin Hotsync ID and then restoring old data under old Hotsync ID or any of the other successful methods. My update went fine, but I find your post very snotty. Nobody was installing the wrong update and you would know if you read the posts.

Just my opinion.
    Yeah, when I installed the 1.10 update in March everything went flawlessly. (followed the directions exactly)

1.20, however, didn't go as smoothly. I still followed the directions but for some reason it bombed out about 1 minute into the update and then reset itself. I ended up having to do a hard reset and starting over, and everything is fine now. (it worked perfectly the 2nd time I tried)
    The only thing I can surmise is that I DID have TreoHelper installed the 1st time I tried the update. Since it's technically a "hack", it may very well have caused the problems.