Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have a look at the forum at mytreo.net
    I've checked the palm website, it's still says coming soon!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    I've checked the palm website, it's still says coming soon!
    Correct. Yet the Cingular file is available from the same site that holds the new Sprint update.
    aha, off I go then!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Thanks for the FYI, Mol. Have you tried it out yet? I'll give it a shot later this evening.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aolumide
    Thanks for the FYI, Mol. Have you tried it out yet? I'll give it a shot later this evening.
    Yes, I've tried it out. See my comments in the mytreo.net forum
    Just upgraded & worked like a charm. Thanks mol. It could be just me, but the reception seems better and network search seems faster than 3.04.
    I just upgraded about a week ago to 3.04. Everything went fine, it's working great. I am trying to upgrade to 3.05 now, but I can't.

I downloaded the PRC, and created a new profile to sync to. Hard reset, and synced. The PRC installed to my Treo, and I ran the app. I'm getting the error message "not compatible with this device"

So I tried another method, of keeping in unplugged, then hitting the soft reset at this screen. That didn't work either. I still am getting the error message in a loop. It's looping quick enough to continuously flash on the screen. As soon as I plugged it back in, the error message dissappeared and it soft reset........... no upgrade.

Any help???
    did you use tokenwriter?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I did use token writer after the 3.04 upgrade to get my serial number ect back on the info page. Would this cause a problem?
    did you change the crnm to CNG on the 3.04
    That may have been the problem. I just ran it in token writer, let me try again. I'll update shortly.
    You are a genious!!! Thank you! That worked perfectly. I must have forgotten to update the "crnm" field with tokenwriter. Once I updated it to CNG, the update went smooth as butter.

It's loading on the phone right now. Thank you for your help!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I made the update...no problems whatsoever. Was done in like 10 minutes. I have ATT as provider but dont see what the difference would be other than some office program that I dont use anyway. I get the Cingular logo now, no biggee, network search seems faster, camera app still at 1.0, looks like there is a sounds program (havent tried it yet) aside from that havent had time to really play with it. Everything else seems to work with it, no wierd resets with any program...so I guess all is OK for now.

Phone seems to take calls, havent tried to place a call yet but Im sure that works.

Sorry for the lack of info, just happy that it went thru without a hitch.

Good luck to all

rob
    well, so far, signal strength is better. I always drop calls in one of the elevators in my building, with the 3.04 it was better but 3.05 seems to not drop

One thing I noticed right away is that the camera seems better in low light applications, and no blue haze. Still testing, but everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Anyone know will the phone be relock again?
    THX!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice
    You are a genious!!! Thank you! That worked perfectly. I must have forgotten to update the "crnm" field with tokenwriter. Once I updated it to CNG, the update went smooth as butter.

It's loading on the phone right now. Thank you for your help!
    you'r welcome
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Hi all,

Alas, for me 160 chars limit in SMS is back :-( Any other cases? I've started separate thread on this topic.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ad.php?t=50495

Regards,

Vitaliy
    Just performed the Cingular 3.05 upgrade from 3.04. Did the change from crnm INT to CNG. I only had like 5MB of free memory and it complained it needed more memory to upgrade. So just uninstalled a few apps prior to install. If you have the IBM JAVA VM installed, you'll have to do a fresh install, hotsync does not backup that install. When I reset the Treo, it still displays the Palm logo, not the Cingular logo.

Everything seems to be working fine.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I did the update, and the buzzing sound that people had complained about when they talked to me over the phone has dissapeared. It had gotten so bad that I had to speak really loud for people to hear me. Now it's gone!
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast