Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried 3.05 and got 'This update is not for this phone' on my Cingular unlocked Treo 600 purchased through handspring. Now I already had 3.04 installed, but that shouldn't have caused the failure, should it? I copied the updater to the card using hotsync, hard-reset the phone, and then tried to update while plugged into power. On my past updates, I've copied the updater to the phone using a card reader rather than hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston
    I tried 3.05 and got 'This update is not for this phone' on my Cingular unlocked Treo 600 purchased through handspring. Now I already had 3.04 installed, but that shouldn't have caused the failure, should it? I copied the updater to the card using hotsync, hard-reset the phone, and then tried to update while plugged into power. On my past updates, I've copied the updater to the phone using a card reader rather than hotsync.

Hopefully you can benefit from my experience. I had the same situation (Cingular phone, upgraded to 3.04). You need to run TokenWriter, type "write crnm CNG" and THEN run the updater. You probably don't recall doing the same to change the crnm to INT back when you did the 3.04 update. The new updater only works on a phone that thinks its from Cingular, and you told it otherwise back then. It took me a while to figure out myself.
    Just did the upgrade and it went flawlessly!
    I just had one hicup with LauncherX. Everytime I hit the home key the treo would reset. I simply reinstalled LX and all is well.
    Thanks to Mol and all for the link!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Thanks, blocktek, that seems to have worked. By the way, my originally unlocked cingular-branded phone remains unlocked and works with my T-Mobile SIM. I had never used Tokenwriter because 3.04 worked with INT phones, but left them INT.

Is there any reason to care about crnm other than during updating? That is, is there any reason for me to run Tokenwriter to change this value to INT?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12