1.    #1  
    (I think this problem started after doing that 1.20 update, but I can't be certain). Here's the scoop:
    I'm hoping some ringtone-clued in folks can help me with an issue.
    I try to download a ringtone from mididb, or treobits, or wherever, and I get the following error when I transfer the file (to either 'opened' or 'saved' mode):

Error: Database: can't
    find (0x0207)

So I'd guess that the ringtone transfer process fails since there must not be a database to store the ringtone in - ? I've downloaded tons of ringtones previously, but none in the past couple of months, so it definitely used to work.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, and any suggested files to reinstall, or look for, etc? This isn't life and death, but I'd like to be able to install the occasional ringtone when I get the itch.
    I believe we ran into this problem on the GSM phones when upgrading to 3.04

I just did a search and can't find the original thread. It had something to do with a new sound app from the upgrade and placing the old one back on the phone.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Found a solution, but I don't know the ramifications just yet. If you remove your Unsaved Preferences file, it should solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Found a solution, but I don't know the ramifications just yet. If you remove your Unsaved Preferences file, it should solve the problem.
    Yes, but the problem is you'll loose some passwords of programs you bought !
    (Bob'sAlarm, DateBK5, etc). Anybody knows if we can just delete with FileZ the ringtone unsaved preference ? When I view the unsaved preferences list, I have a HsMI preference, is it the good one ?
    I copied unsaved preferences to my SD card. Then I delete the file.After installing the ringtones, I copy it back. Everything was fine. It's kinda a hassle, but it worked.

JC
    I retry the "official" method and it work great, without loosing anything this time !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I retry the "official" method and it work great, without loosing anything this time !!!
    I don't get the error...I get no error. Instead my Treo reboots. I have tried remving the "unsaved preferences" file but it does not fix the issue.

Any one seen this?
    I'm a newbie and can't figure out how to delete the unsaved preferences file because it does not come up on the delete file listing. Please help.
    Last edited by brothe19; 07/18/2004 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Go to www.palmgear.com and download Filez. It's a free file manager type application, which shows every file that's on the Treo and on the memory card if you have one inserted.