Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great to hear we have a few users from Australia.

I waited and thought long and hard about buying and ended up buying a new one also from EBAY. I wanted the warrantee and didn't want to chance any problems coming up. Also the wife insisted I do.

VikingBrad - Your price of $680 with 64MB SD Card was an excellent buy.

What experiences have you had so far. My first glinch was on my first day with hotsync. Pressing the button on the cable produced a soft reset. I tried System reset which didn't work and then finally a Hard reset which ended up resolving the glinch. Got to watch out for those gremlins.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Ancient_One,

The phone is second hand and the owner admitted it had been dropped which chipped the volume up button but I saw the pics before I purchased and it still works great.

When I upgraded the new T600 Hotsync checked my apps and some of them were rejected but nothing serious.

Couldn't be happier. I am a IT consultant so I'm going to get a reseller account with Brightpoint so I can sell some of these to my clients. Everyone asks about it and I'm sure I can sell a few

Cheers
    VikingBrad
  3.    #23  
    Hi fellow Aussies, great to hear you are enjoying your Treos so far, I am ashamed to report that I am still without one after holding out for over 1 year. The high price ($9XX) here is still the problem...

AU$680 is definitely a good deal (Was it a USA model?)

dbmgreen- how much did you get yours from Telstra dealer?

Rather than signing a 24month contract with the telcos, I rather buy it outright at a reasonable price and use pre-paid account. Though I cannot get GPRS with pre-paid, I do most of my emailing on my beloved laptop anyway...
    sorry for all the mumbing....
    VikingBrad........so your the one that won that unit at auction. I dind;t want to take the risk. Especially with the wife going on about money issues.

gelco.......keep an eye out on EBAY a lot have been going throught their of late.

Good deals to be had depending on whether it is new, used or damaged like VikingBrad's

I agree outright purchase is the right way to go with a prepaid card.

Say $100 for 12 months.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Yes I won that auction were you browsin ard the only other bidder?! The seller said he bought it local from Harvey Norman, has palmOne branding. There is a small buzz in speaker which may be from drop but not enough to effect me.

Not many 600s on Australian ebay usually 1/week, lots more on US ebay. Predict there will be a lot more when the Treo Ace launches ;-) Keep searching, I missed one that went for AU$715 but I made a good purchase particularly with 64MB card included

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Last edited by VikingBrad; 08/03/2004 at 10:34 PM. Reason: clarification
  6.    #26  
    The only thing buying from eBay is the warranty. If your unit is from USA, then i dont think the warranty is international (I thought i read somewhere that's the case). I think that's why the local dealers are able to maintain the high prices so steadily.

VikingBrad, since you bought yours from a local user, can you bring it back to HN if you have a problem?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12