1.    #1  
    I'm trying help someone install pdanet on an xp machine. I'm an admin (but no xp Palm expert). the pdanet install app doesn't appear to have visibility to my colleagues hot synch id when I'm logged in as admin and fails midstream. Any thoughts?
    Don't install pdanet from a network - it's meant for laptops. Install on individual laptops.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Don't install pdanet from a network - it's meant for laptops. Install on individual laptops.
    Thanks. I'm installing directly on the laptop. The issue is that I have to login using my account to be able to install the app (the user doesn't have install rights). When I login with my id I lose visibility to his palm synch info, etc. I'm not an IT XP expert either...just lucky enough to have better access rights in XP.

I have it installed and working well on my own laptop...which is what counts most . Any ideas are appreciated. I'll contact the PDA-Net folks as well.
    This is one reason Windows sucks. In any case what I'd suggest you do is upgrade the user to admin level, install the app as the user, and then downgrade him again to his current rights level.