1.    #1  
    I read that you had to remove the email beta version when doing the upgrade . What files need to be removed??

Thanks!!

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 05/13/2004 at 11:04 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I did not remove the beta e-mail app. What I did was:
    1) I used BackupBuddyVFS to backup to my memory card
    2) created a temp username called "Sprint Upgrade"
    3) Preformed Upgrade
    4) Verified that phone still worked (Better than before)
    5) restore data from memory card
    6) using LauncherX (I have LauncherX installed) I dragged the mail app to the trash, and chose to ONLY delete the mail app and not any of the data.
    7) All done and everything works fine!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    you don't need to remove the mail program. upgrade your treo as normal, following the installation run the mail installer on your treo. this will upgrade the mail program. I did have to recreate my accounts though.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    The process I described above had no flaws. I did not have to re-program/configure anything!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Upgrade went well....Only problem is when I wanna disconnect from the network manually...she freezes up...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    you don't need to remove the mail program. upgrade your treo as normal, following the installation run the mail installer on your treo. this will upgrade the mail program. I did have to recreate my accounts though.
    What is the "mail installer"? I don't see that.