1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard of Aileron Mail client for the Treo's
    We have been testing out there server and there product seems to
    be very stable, I'm just courios as to why no one has heard of them
    I have used sprint bcee and Visto and this one seems to work very well
    They have a dataviz server plugin that cuts down the size of attachmens being send to the handheld and also my favorite one PDF ADDON as well to view pdfs on the Treo, SQL backend and works with Lotus Notes
    Can anyone please comment ..
    Thanks
    I've wondered why aileron hasn't been discussed more also. I realize it is pricey, but it handles nearly EVERY ISP!

BUMP!
    The cost yearly cost is to high for me. I use my SprintPCS pop mail.
    Last edited by tymerock; 05/15/2004 at 06:52 PM.
    I have not had any experience with Aileron Mail, but have you looked at GoodLink? www.good.com
    On top of being pricey, Aileron continually caused my Treo to crash. I didnt think any email client was worth all that drama. Also, I didnt think my email needs were that great to justify yet another bill. I've DSL at home so accessing email is done from the computer. At work we have a top notch connection, so again, I use the computer there. The Treo is just for the quick stuff. SBC handles my light stuff that very well with Snapper.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    that's true. I didn't realize there was a monthly bill with aileron. if that's the case, than I can see why people have gone with snapper and versamail instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    that's true. I didn't realize there was a monthly bill with aileron. if that's the case, than I can see why people have gone with snapper and versamail instead.
    Sorry Treo, I meant to say yearly bill. The amount of mail I do on the Treo wouldnt warrant that kind of cost for me.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I've tried Aileron and think it's great, but I didn't like the idea of an annual fee just to check my personal email, so I'm using snapper instead.
  9.    #9  
    Jumpshot,
    Good is only an exchange shop and we are all Lotus notes,
    I have checked into good but they will not support Notes.
    Sorry
  10.    #10  
    I don't understand pricy for a corp user, Aileron is a one time price for client and server? as far as what I was told
    and the Aileron server has been rock solid, The client is the only thing we have seen to be a little buggy, It looks like the code has been designed for the T300 and not the 600. Snapper is great but we would like to keep our mailserver behind the firewall.
    I would like to give snapper a shot but I can't find the beta for the IMAP Client..
    Yet.