Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to know what people prefer? I know it is hard to compare a "professionaly produced" product that costs $$ to one that is home-brew but in this case I think we can fairly? What are people thoughts? Which is easier to use and has a better output?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    Just wanted to know what people prefer? I know it is hard to compare a "professionaly produced" product that costs $$ to one that is home-brew but in this case I think we can fairly? What are people thoughts? Which is easier to use and has a better output?
    MovieRec is hands down the better product.
    1) because it's free
    2) it supports sound (I don't think Live does)
    3) works like a charm
    4) says one of the upcoming features is the option to export to AVI (which I don't think Live has even thought about doing
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    MovieRec is hands down the better product.
    1) because it's free
    2) it supports sound (I don't think Live does)
    3) works like a charm
    4) says one of the upcoming features is the option to export to AVI (which I don't think Live has even thought about doing
    While I haven't tried MovieRec, I do own Live. I really trust the products coming from ToySoft.

As for upcoming features, I don't think you can ever 2nd guess a developer when it comes to his/her plans or what he/she will be able to accomplish.
    Live has more features and 2.0 is about to be released.

MovieRec has sound if you have a GSM phone with ROM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Live has more features and 2.0 is about to be released.

MovieRec has sound if you have a GSM phone with ROM update.
    and cdma with the rom update.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    and cdma with the rom update.
    Yeah !
    Have any of you played with MovieMaker....it's kind of weird on getting it to work but it does offer all kinds of neat features. Anyway, I still like MovieRec
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    Have any of you played with MovieMaker....it's kind of weird on getting it to work but it does offer all kinds of neat features. Anyway, I still like MovieRec
    Any Movie Making programs you can't share with multi-platforms is a wasted effort.
    What kind of neat features does it have?
    Does either one of the two export the videos? Otherwise it's only a cute little toy that let's you show the video to friends in person on a tiny little screen.
    The programs would be completely useless if they didn't export... I doubt anyone would even bother using them. A quick look at either product's website would give you the details you want. MovieRec exports as MPEG1 according to the site, while Live! exports as a jpeg sequence for importing into desktop movie maker software. I'd imagine the upcoming version of Live! would probably export in something more usable (but that's just a guess...I imagine sound is the more likely bet) and Coryburton mentioned above that MovieRec is adding the capability to export to AVI.
    A user wrote a utility to convert MovieRec's file format to a multi-platform format

Live 1.xx, exports individual fames as .jpg for loading into MS MovieMaker

I seen no capablity with Movie Maker, there is a utility to take . avi and convert to Movie Maker files, but not the other way around.
    Yes, I played with it for a few.

But if you cannot convert to a format to share to all, it is kind of useless.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I prefer Movierec, its free and it works!

To be honest I find ToySoft's products (esp Live) to be very buggy, but others don't so try both and then decide which you like best
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    I prefer Movierec, its free and it works!

To be honest I find ToySoft's products (esp Live) to be very buggy, but others don't so try both and then decide which you like best
    Haven't found any bugs in Live 1.1.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I have downloaded/installed it twice and it just resets my Treo 600 when I start it (must be something it conflicts with?) I also dislike lightwav as it slows the unit down too much (noticable when using Gizmo GG emulator), and under some circumstances it plays the mp3 to the people ringing me for a second when I answer the phone...

I guess I never contacted toysoft support re the resets as movierec works fine for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    I have downloaded/installed it twice and it just resets my Treo 600 when I start it (must be something it conflicts with?) I also dislike lightwav as it slows the unit down too much (noticable when using Gizmo GG emulator), and under some circumstances it plays the mp3 to the people ringing me for a second when I answer the phone...

I guess I never contacted toysoft support re the resets as movierec works fine for me!
    All peoples systems are different.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All peoples systems are different.
    Too True!
  19.    #19  
    Thanks. Looks LIKE i will stick to Movie Rec for now. I am also wondering when exactly we will see that easy export to AVI for Movie Rec or Live! Whoever does that best would be the person I choose. Or whoever lets us email video clips to others first?
    Thanks. Looks LIKE i will stick to Movie Rec for now. I am also wondering when exactly we will see that easy export to AVI for Movie Rec or Live! Whoever does that best would be the person I choose. Or whoever lets us email video clips to others first?

I've got the code to export to AVI done for video w/o sound.....i just can't get the sound working right Anyway this is one of my main priorities for the next release of MovieRec (along with saving space in internal memory). If anybody has any tech information on how AVIs work, please send it to me. Thanks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast