Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. joele's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I've got the code to export to AVI done for video w/o sound.....i just can't get the sound working right Anyway this is one of my main priorities for the next release of MovieRec (along with saving space in internal memory). If anybody has any tech information on how AVIs work, please send it to me. Thanks.
    Hey Ryan do you intend to release the AVI export code for the non sound version of movierec, or are you waiting until you can get the sound version working also?
  2. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #22  
    Advantages to me!
    Movierec: I like Movierec because it plays back in real time.
    LIVE: LIVE allows you to record directly to the SD card
    Movierec: Movierec is free( which doesn't mean you shouldn't donate something to the dude)

    Disadvantages
    Live: Live plays back to fast( I can't seem to find the settings to make the playback smooth)

    Movierec: It does not allow you to record directly to the SD card. you have to record to the RAM first and then move it to the card. I find that this is not helpful because I don't have enough RAM memory.

    LIVE: This software is not free.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Advantages to me!
    Movierec: I like Movierec because it plays back in real time.
    LIVE: LIVE allows you to record directly to the SD card
    Movierec: Movierec is free( which doesn't mean you shouldn't donate something to the dude)

    Disadvantages
    Live: Live plays back to fast( I can't seem to find the settings to make the playback smooth)

    Movierec: It does not allow you to record directly to the SD card. you have to record to the RAM first and then move it to the card. I find that this is not helpful because I don't have enough RAM memory.

    LIVE: This software is not free.
    FYI, Live! version 2.0 has been released. You can download it from www.toysoft.ca

    Major feature in 2.0 lets you export movie to MJPG AVI format. You can now email the avi movie to anyone. You need MJPG decoder to play the avi movie. You can get MMPlayer from www.mmplayer.com for the Palm to play back avi movies. Additional bug fixes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    FYI, Live! version 2.0 has been released. You can download it from www.toysoft.ca

    Major feature in 2.0 lets you export movie to MJPG AVI format. You can now email the avi movie to anyone. You need MJPG decoder to play the avi movie. You can get MMPlayer from www.mmplayer.com for the Palm to play back avi movies. Additional bug fixes.

    Hey Smiley, that's pretty cool! However, upon further inspection I understand Live! still doesn't record audio? That's too bad... As far as I'm concerned, the first app than can export to AVI with audio support will get my money.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Smiley, that's pretty cool! However, upon further inspection I understand Live! still doesn't record audio? That's too bad... As far as I'm concerned, the first app than can export to AVI with audio support will get my money.

    AMEN!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Smiley, that's pretty cool! However, upon further inspection I understand Live! still doesn't record audio? That's too bad... As far as I'm concerned, the first app than can export to AVI with audio support will get my money.

    I tottaly agree to that!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    Hey Ryan do you intend to release the AVI export code for the non sound version of movierec, or are you waiting until you can get the sound version working also?
    Yes.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Smiley, that's pretty cool! However, upon further inspection I understand Live! still doesn't record audio? That's too bad... As far as I'm concerned, the first app than can export to AVI with audio support will get my money.

    Well if the first app to record audio with AVI export cost money then you don't have much of a choice (besides not using it) but to send your money to them. I'm working hard to get AVI w/sound working in MovieRec....i dont' plan to make any new releases (unless there are major bugs to be fixed) until AVI support is done. Later.
  9. #29  
    FYI,

    Live! 2.1. has been released. You can now record video with or without sound.

    www.toysoft.ca/live.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    FYI,

    Live! 2.1. has been released. You can now record video with or without sound.

    www.toysoft.ca/live.html

    Intrigued! Thanks, will check it out!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. #31  
    Go Ryan, Go!
  12. #32  
    Go Ryan! Go Ryan! Go Ryan!... :-)
    J
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    FYI,

    Live! 2.1. has been released. You can now record video with or without sound.

    www.toysoft.ca/live.html
    The important question is: can the video (with sound) be downloaded or e-mailed to a desktop? (That to me is the biggest missing feature - the ability to share video including voice.)
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/07/2004 at 10:13 PM.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Smiley, that's pretty cool! However, upon further inspection I understand Live! still doesn't record audio? That's too bad... As far as I'm concerned, the first app than can export to AVI with audio support will get my money.
    Actually it will take two features to get my money. Not only does it need the ability to record native AVI files (or some other PC compatible compression), but also needs to be able to record directly to the external memory.

    It's just too inconvenient to have to record the video, then wait for it to transfer to the card before you can turn around and record another one. Not to mention the instability that comes with using too much of your internal memory.

    Ryan's already got this done with the sound recorder. So I know it's only a matter of time before he gets the job done with video as well.

    --TechDude
    Last edited by TechDude; 06/10/2004 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added title
  15. #35  
    Re: ability to record directly to the SD card - Ryan has mentioned that the amount of data compression required to write to the card real-time is beyond the current capabilities of the Treo 600, based on the current limitations in write throughput.

    I've got my fingers crossed for Ryan or someone to figure it out, but in the meantime I use ZLauncher to keep 16MB of RAM free so I can record 25 seconds or so...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Re: ability to record directly to the SD card - Ryan has mentioned that the amount of data compression required to write to the card real-time is beyond the current capabilities of the Treo 600, based on the current limitations in write throughput.

    I've got my fingers crossed for Ryan or someone to figure it out, but in the meantime I use ZLauncher to keep 16MB of RAM free so I can record 25 seconds or so...
    You can't record video and audio to card, but you can video only.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Re: ability to record directly to the SD card - Ryan has mentioned that the amount of data compression required to write to the card real-time is beyond the current capabilities of the Treo 600, based on the current limitations in write throughput.

    I've got my fingers crossed for Ryan or someone to figure it out, but in the meantime I use ZLauncher to keep 16MB of RAM free so I can record 25 seconds or so...
    Live! recording to the card without compression is fine. It isnt feasible to add compression to the card. it will really slow down the process. I've recorded a 3 minute video to the card and the play back is comparable to the recording to ram.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Actually it will take two features to get my money. Not only does it need the ability to record native AVI files (or some other PC compatible compression), but also needs to be able to record directly to the external memory.

    It's just too inconvenient to have to record the video, then wait for it to transfer to the card before you can turn around and record another one. Not to mention the instability that comes with using too much of your internal memory.

    Ryan's already got this done with the sound recorder. So I know it's only a matter of time before he gets the job done with video as well.

    --TechDude

    Live does record directly to the card. I record several videos at a time *to the card* and then export them as avi files later when it's convenient. Plenty of room on the card. It just won't export the audio with the video...yet. I figure it's only a matter of time.
  19. #39  
    Personally, I think Ryan's ap does a good job. I do not see having to pay extra for something that does not appear to have much more function.

    Perhaps a cognitive dissonance factor is at play here. To justify why they did this, those who spent the money for Live! would need to convince themselves they did the right thing, when maybe deep down they know they didn't? So if they can convince others that they made the right choice, then it makes them feel better. Anyway, no offense to anyone in particular, but this is something I wonder about sometimes in these forums.

    Question for anyone? Are there any efforts for either of these programs to allow export to Mac operating systems?
  20.    #40  
    Haha no offense but I think you just answered your own question when you ask about Mac OS help.

    "Perhaps a cognitive dissonance factor is at play here. To justify why they did this, those who spent the money for a Mac, would need to convince themselves they did the right thing, when maybe deep down they know they didn't?"

    ;-)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions