Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!! GO, GO, GO!!!! http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#treo600gsm
    Doh! It's only for Sprint. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb
    IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!! GO, GO, GO!!!! http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#treo600gsm
    Doh! It's only for Sprint. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    TMobile - coming soon! ARGH!
    Treo 600 Updater 1.20 (Sprint PCS)

Benefits of the software update include:

• The palmOne POP3 email client has been incorporated into the Sprint ROM. The client has been preconfigured for the Sprint PCS POP3 settings.

• The browser now supports playback of voice memos that might be received with incoming Picture Mail messages.

• The browser now supports playback of inline MIDI ringtones.

• The SMS application now supports Message Priority so that users can assign high or low priority to all outgoing messages. Additionally, all incoming messages now display high or low priority.

• The audio-quality reliability is enhanced.

• The palmOne car kit now is supported.

• Browser has been improved to better handle redirect links used in conjunction with the Sprint download service.

• Software now reflects the new name of our company - palmOne.

System Requirements
    • Treo 600 smartphone

• Windows® 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP or Mac OS® X 10.1 - 10.3.3

• HotSync® Manager 4.1.0 or greater (Windows), or 4.0 (Mac). This is part of the Palm™ Desktop installation included on your Treo 600 CD. Get the latest Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager.

• Treo 600 battery fully charged.

• At least 12MB/1,200KB (Mac) or 6MB/6,000KB (Windows) free memory on your Treo 600 (how to tell how much free memory you have). The free memory accommodates the update application on your device; the application will be removed from your device (and the memory freed) when the update is complete.

• For Microsoft Outlook® users who use PocketMirror®: PocketMirror version 3.1.2 or later. The installation CD for Treo 600 includes version 3.1.2, or you can download the latest version from Chapura.

• Must be installing the update on a computer with which the Treo 600 is synchronized (i.e. a user folder for the Treo exists on the computer).

• Must synchronize with your current user name. You may have several user names stored on your desktop computer. Make sure you synchronize with the user name on your Treo 600, or you will appear to lose data.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I dunno about others, but after all the scary stories I've read about the last update, like "due to firmware, my phone now only receives calls from God," I think I'm gonna wait till some of your brave souls out there risk phone and phun to get the update as soon as bandwidth permits.

So lemme know how it all goes
    Recieved an error "cannot find operation" something or another while it was running and threw me back to the application launcher. I tried to manualy run the ROM update program.. no luck. So now i'm running a program called "CDMA Updater." It already deleted everything on the Treo, so this can't hurt.. I don't think.

Make sure you backup....
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I thought the update was successful but my phone starts up then reboots every time

this update is ****ed up
    Yup I had the reboot cycle for a while as well.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    I dunno about others, but after all the scary stories I've read about the last update, like "due to firmware, my phone now only receives calls from God," I think I'm gonna wait till some of your brave souls out there risk phone and phun to get the update as soon as bandwidth permits.

So lemme know how it all goes
    Will do...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Everyone sign up for insurance really quick
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    remember to hard reset first an create a new hotsync id to use for installation
    Must synchronize with your current user name. You may have several user names stored on your desktop computer. Make sure you synchronize with the user name on your Treo 600, or you will appear to lose data.
    I wonder what they mean by that? I was going to do a hard reset and do the update on a clean profile and then restore later... Does this mean you shouldn't do that?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    don't need hard reset or new username
    oh oh...continuos resets for me...not a good sign. i'll let you know what happens next.
    IF you're paranoid about losing your data in your profile (i have mine backed up) then you could create another profile
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Anyone else getting "The Updater cannot complete this operation because the Updater application is damaged." ? Let me redownload it
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    If you get continuous resets, there is a simple solution...

You pressed HotSync button twice without advancing the installer. You now have the updater files installed in your Backup folder and they get restored every time you HotSync. You need to remove the files from your PC and your handheld.

Go to your PCs Username\Backup folder and delete these files:
    CheckerApp_de.prc
    CheckerApp_it.prc
    CheckerApp_fr.prc
    CheckerApp_es.prc
    CheckerApp_en.prc
    Sprint 1.20 Updater.prc

Now hard reset your device and then restore via a HotSync.

That will sort you out right away.
    So no one has done it successfully yet?
    Great. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    I have no CheckerApp_* files in my backup directory. anything else?
    it is BAD
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast