Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I may just take the plunge.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm going to wait till the weekend... When I can actually have an hour or two of downtime. I want to play tonite, but I figure I'm better off having a working work tool tomorrow and playing when it's not as important. But car kits will work now huh... Hmm.. That Sedio w/ GPS is sounds VERY attractive. Now that the PRC has come out, I guess that one will work too? Or is the car kit from POne the only one out there that'll work w/ Sprint?
    I see that a few of you have used BackupMan. Does this do the same thing as BackupBuddy? Is there any significant difference?
    well, I had little difficulty with my update to the 1.2. Slight glitch right after the 1st reset where there was a buzzing through the speaker. Reset again and everything is fine. All 3 pop3 email accounts are working normally too.
    Gene
    Isn't this the firmware update that was shared here before but was unofficial for GSM? I think that one was for the "Other" category of Treo phones. There was no problem with mine when I used that update. Does anyone who have used that firmware need to apply this official kit still to get back to warranty support valid?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofTrueGod
    Isn't this the firmware update that was shared here before but was unofficial for GSM? I think that one was for the "Other" category of Treo phones. There was no problem with mine when I used that update. Does anyone who have used that firmware need to apply this official kit still to get back to warranty support valid?
    This update is only for CDMA (Sprint), the official GSM update is coming soon according to the Palm1 website.
    I am having the problem of going on to the Sprint network. Everything seems to be working fine, but when I try to open the phone, it resets... Any solutions???
    Can anyone confirm if the new email app can acually delete email messages off the server?
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Yeah.. $99 is far to steep. I'm using the 30 day demo myself... I dont' think I would ever buy it. I did try to use the cheaper version (basic) and it crashed out with "no support for a 5 way navigator device."
    Yes, the $29.99 version (Basic) resets my Treo also.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes, the $29.99 version (Basic) resets my Treo also.
    I can vouch for the Pro version working too!
    Also my 600 update to 1.20 was extremely easy. Just follow the instructions...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Howdy....

I, too, had problems wiht Launcher X, which after the update, would crash every time I hit the 'home' key...

I ended up assign the 'application' application to a favorite key, which I could access from the 'phone' menu.

Then I used 'backup man' to restore just the Launcher X files from a backup I made just before the upgrade.

That did the trick, and now everything is tic-a-dee-boo...

Smiles,

Ben
    I, too, got the "could not find application"...I performed the hard reset as suggested by "lgreenberg" on page 4 of this thread and the install went without a hitch on a clean system.

Restored all my apps & data after the upgrade and so far so good.

I have not experienced any of the problems reported by some (resets on mail or incoming calls crashing the phone).

First impressions of the upgrade are OK...speakerphone doesn't sound any different to me...I am looking forward to being able to listen to voice memos (even though I can rarely understand what is being said) with Sprint Picturemail again...
    Update No Problems (steps I took)

Backed up to SD card (BackUpMan), hard reset, installed update file via PilotInstall, hard reset, restore from back up.

I just made a 60 min call after update and 600 seems to get much HOTTER than before. Has anyone experienced this?

You will have to reinstall Java if you do a hard reset.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Backup w/backupman
    Ran update. Soft reset and went to apps screen
    click'd on updater icon
    ran fine
    hot sync'd and all is well

Movie rec w/ sound v 1.12 is awesome.
    Audacity pro works too.

Very cool
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    followed the directions on the site. synced, installed, synced...

launcher x had to be re-installed.

everything else seems to work fine... I have a ton of stuff on my treo, tried a handful of apps and they work fine.

I have not gotten an incoming call, and I don't have a landline, so I haven't been able to test lightwav. totally painless install, though.

easyNotes records voice memos now.
    [q]Movie rec w/ sound v 1.12 is awesome.[/q]

What format does it record in can it be emailed, can the video be played back on a pc & Mac?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Okay, for anyone who cares here's what I did and it seems to have worked:

1. Backup with BackupMan to my SD Card.
    2. Hard Reset Cleared All Data
    3. Synced to CLEAN profile
    4. Installed Updated
    5. Synced to CLEAN profile
    6. Restored from Card.
    Me too. First tried the regular instructions but it aborted mid-update.

All seems well now.

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    The upgrade works perfect for me... Except one SMS thing.... The smoking Smilie ":!" is no longer available as a picture. BUT there is still the YinYan :%
    The smoking smilie worked fine for me, as did all the hidden smilies.

ERic
    I'm all updated without a problem...MovieRec does work great WITH sound! Is audacity the only voice recorder out there for palm os5?
    It hangs forever (over an hour so far) during "synchronizing address book"
    I had to reset with the reset pin and reboot my laptop.
    now the palm part of the phone is half gutted out. most of my apps are gone, but not all, and theres files that look like leftover parts of the update.
    Tried to update again, It's been hanging at the same spot for another hour so far. I'll let it run overnight.

Stay Away!
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast