Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    After the update, I now get the "Palm Powered" logo every time I turn the device on. My radio powers off each time. Seems like it is doing a reset each time I press either the power button or screen button. I'm gonna try a hard reset unless anyone has other ideas.
    Followed the instructions verbatim...no problems...whew! The new email app. set up and works great. I also like that it can be set to poll for new mail. The only small problems I had were...

Settings for SMBmate and Mergic VPN didnt transfer back during the backup
    Abida for eBay stopped working

Thats it...so far. I did notice that when the system lock password is set, and it needs to be entered, what used to be visible charaters are now little boxes. Safer, keeps your password hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    ...Now if only my Treo survives this update...
    Worked without any problems! Mail and SMS working fine. Can receive phone calls. I went into the new "Sounds" system app that was created and selected to "Send" a sound, got a soft reset... I wonder what that's about. Blazer seems to be loading images faster. Gives the impression that pages are actually loading faster overall, but images are definitely appearing more promptly. Now to test out the speakerphone quality...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker911
    ... I'm gonna try a hard reset unless anyone has other ideas.
    That might be a good idea. A few folks on earlier pages mentioned issues with the wireless modem turning off or resets associated with enabling it. Though, most folks haven't had that problem, so it doesn't appear to be pervasive.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Check your sms...you can now set priority, hide text on incoming and show date stamp. Your rom mail app won't show up until you delete the beta. My wife had the beta on hers and I checked the version and saw the same thing. Deleted it and then saw the new one.

hope that helps
    Thank you, that did help the mail app. But for sms, I can't seem to find where to set priority. I see the hide text and the time stamp though.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    Thank you, that did help the mail app. But for sms, I can't seem to find where to set priority. I see the hide text and the time stamp though.
    You have to be in a thread or already started a new message then go to menu and you'll see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    You have to be in a thread or already started a new message then go to menu and you'll see it.
    Ahhh, many thanks
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Came off without a hitch here, did the same as 1.1 and Hard Reset -> Upgrade -> Hard Reset -> Restore.
    Everything else works fine after the upgrade so far but I've noticed one thing. I have Datebook+ instead of Calendar. Everytime I try to launch it, it resets the phone. I think Datebook+ is an older version of Calendar (from my 270 for all I know). To make a long story short, I re-did the upgrade and found Calendar on the Treo, and then restored data only to find Datebook+ replaces Calendar. I think this happened because I did the upgrade from a computer I used to use with my 270 - and not the computer I normally sync to everyday. I'm guessing that the only way to get Calendar back is to re-do the upgrade and then delete every datebook*.prc file from the Backup directory before restoring data. Does this sound right? Is there ANY easier way? ARRRRGHGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I really don't want to the upgrade again and I normally use Agendus anyway - which is working fine. But I HATE when things aren't perfect on my phone!!!

On that note, I think it's time to go to sleep and let it go until tomorrow.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    The upgrade works perfect for me... Except one SMS thing.... The smoking Smilie ":!" is no longer available as a picture. BUT there is still the YinYan :%
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    dutchtrumpet...worst. Sound switch off on top of phone. Working fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Everything else works fine after the upgrade so far but I've noticed one thing. I have Datebook+ instead of Calendar. Everytime I try to launch it, it resets the phone. I think Datebook+ is an older version of Calendar (from my 270 for all I know). To make a long story short, I re-did the upgrade and found Calendar on the Treo, and then restored data only to find Datebook+ replaces Calendar. I think this happened because I did the upgrade from a computer I used to use with my 270 - and not the computer I normally sync to everyday. I'm guessing that the only way to get Calendar back is to re-do the upgrade and then delete every datebook*.prc file from the Backup directory before restoring data. Does this sound right? Is there ANY easier way? ARRRRGHGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I really don't want to the upgrade again and I normally use Agendus anyway - which is working fine. But I HATE when things aren't perfect on my phone!!!

On that note, I think it's time to go to sleep and let it go until tomorrow.

You shouldn't have to redo the upgrade, hard reset and it will stay intact. Delete the unwanted file(s) from your back up directory on pc or sd card and restore (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehud
    dutchtrumpet...worst. Sound switch off on top of phone. Working fine now.
    Great Minds.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I cannot connect to verichat any more! Anyone else?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Fastmail IMAP has been acting goofy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Mine still works as before
    To answer a couple of other posts before I sleep overpowers me..

- There seems to be no way to record voice without installing a third party app. I don't know how your supposed to send voice through picture mail. I don't think you can. If you can really receive voice in picture mail - I have no idea how you can test it without using another type of phone to send. - As stated above, I still can't even send pictures because the feature is password protected even though I've never had a password on this. And it won't let me create one either. Can someone else please try this and confirm it's not just me?!?

- The only way I've been able to test voice record is Audacity. Someone posted that DayNotez reset his phone. Has anyone else tried?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ah ha! An application called "Today" is what was causing the Treo 600 to reset on power on. I removed it and the problemhas resolved. Yea!
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu

I can confirm though that movierec 1.12 works great with the new sprint update.
    It causes a reset on my phone

edit: only 1 reset. Seems OK now
    Last edited by lb505; 05/13/2004 at 10:12 PM.
    Verichat is working fine for me
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast