Software Rev: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware Rev: B
    PRL Version: 10023

Got the free backgammon game.

Differences I've noticed in the 5 minutes I've had it running

1. Big goofy Palm1 logo on reboot
    2. SMS application is different
    3. Mail App is now included and appears to work. Wish it had IMAP

Right now everything appears to be working including LauncherX. More later if I notice something.
    What exactly do you mean when you say "sync to a clean profile"?

Tks
    Does the new update include the voice recording application that comes with some PalmOne devices?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    Does the new update include the voice recording application that comes with some PalmOne devices?
    no
    Has anyone tried using PdaNet after the update yet to see if there are any issues?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    1. Backup with BackupMan to my SD Card.
    2. Hard Reset Cleared All Data
    3. Synced to CLEAN profile
    4. Installed Updated
    5. Synced to CLEAN profile
    6. Restored from Card.
    Used these instructions and zero problems.

Thanks a bunch!
    yay! can't wait to do the update after the george carlin show!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cferd
    Has anyone tried using PdaNet after the update yet to see if there are any issues?

TIA
    Works good.
    No problems with standard instructions here. Woohoo finally voice recording!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Just completed update...no problems.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    No problems with standard instructions here. Woohoo finally voice recording!
    how are you voice recording?
    Is it just me or is there an new option when creating a new favorite in the phone menu. You can create "message" to auto address an SMS to someone. Isn't this new?
    I'll follow you daredevils and update. It's currently "Programming Modem..." No matter how well I follow these directions, I always pucker up with firmware updates! Many thanks to those who figured out the email problem and incoming phone call issue. This forum is always helpful. Now if only my Treo survives this update...
    I tried to send a picture mail and got dialog window asking me for a picture mail password. It said if I didn't have one then I should make one up now and type it in. I never saw this before and tried using my Sprint account password and it would not accept it. It just kept coming back with the dialog box asking over and over. Anyone notice this?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    can anyone please post what version of the mail program and sms is now on your treo following the upgrade? i've heard that things look different, but they all look the same to me.

i have SMS v. 1.01 and Mail v. 1.02 Beta
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    I had to tweak my update with a different hot sync name after a hard reset but so far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Is it just me or is there an new option when creating a new favorite in the phone menu. You can create "message" to auto address an SMS to someone. Isn't this new?
    I agree that it might be new. I hadn't seen that option before the upgrade.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    can anyone please post what version of the mail program and sms is now on your treo following the upgrade? i've heard that things look different, but they all look the same to me.

i have SMS v. 1.01 and Mail v. 1.02 Beta

Check your sms...you can now set priority, hide text on incoming and show date stamp. Your rom mail app won't show up until you delete the beta. My wife had the beta on hers and I checked the version and saw the same thing. Deleted it and then saw the new one.

hope that helps
    Everytime I try to turn on wireless mode the palm does a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehud
    miradu....I can't get Audacity to work. No playback sound. Did you do anything special to make it work?
    Sounds silly but make sure your sound switch is on and sound isn't off in prefs. Don't ask me how I know
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast