Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    I dunno about others, but after all the scary stories I've read about the last update, like "due to firmware, my phone now only receives calls from God," I think I'm gonna wait till some of your brave souls out there risk phone and phun to get the update as soon as bandwidth permits.
    Hehehehehehehe.....
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    I did the update. Had an error the first try "could not find program" or some such. Did a hard reset. Did the update and then restored from Backupmon. Seems to have worked great, but I have seen some issues.

tapping mail resets the treo.
    I use snapper mail so that is fine however in snappermail, after recieving a jpg. I tap the attachment. If I say send to card, it works, but if I say "Open with Pictures" the treo resets.

Anyone else obseved this ?
    Deleting your old mail database fixed the problem with mail resetting the Treo. See page 3? of this thread for more details.

How is the inline playing of midi ringtones supposed to work? When a midi file was linked from a site (I just googled for one), it insisted on downloading the file, and then opened it up in the sound manager. Does the ringtone have to be embedded in the page? Anyone have a workign example that thye can link?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Does this updater update both firmware and software?
    Maybe it's me, but has anyone else noticed that the speakerphone seems to work better post-update? Before, it sounded like the speaker was "over driven" which caused drop-outs. Now it seems to sound much better.
    The updater updates the modem's radio firmware, and the Treo's Palm OS firmware (software).
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I installed the Update and it appears to be working OK. When I first installed the program it did not do a backup (although it appeared to be doing one) as a result when othe installation was completed the system restore all of the files in the backup directory (even files I had long ago deleted from the Treo). I ended up with 0.2M of memory left on the Treo. I did a hard reset and used backup manager to restore to a level backup just before the update.

Thank goodness for Backup Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Maybe it's me, but has anyone else noticed that the speakerphone seems to work better post-update? Before, it sounded like the speaker was "over driven" which caused drop-outs. Now it seems to sound much better.
    Perhaps that's included or meant by:

"The audio-quality reliability is enhanced."
    Okay...Finally did the update after creating a temporary username (I knew I should have done that first and not listen to the directions! ) and doing a backupman restore. Everything seem to be fine; however, the problem now seems to be that all my conduits like epocrates, trackerdog etc do not work?! *sigh* Oh well...

Also, anyone else find it ironic that while the "unofficial" firmware update was first leaked for GSM Treos, the first official release is for Sprint?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Can someone verify whether you can SEND a voice memo with picture mail?
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Any other audio apps to try?
    in the midst of updating *crosses fingers*
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    There is now a "mail" choics in the sound prefs.
    I just did the update, and everything is working great, including the mail program. I have already deleted Basejet because I am so happy with it! It is very fast now.. faster than Snappermail or Basejet. BTW, I have a Rev. C version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    in the midst of updating *crosses fingers*

i'll light a candle for you.

and keep me fingers crossed.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    Can someone verify whether you can SEND a voice memo with picture mail?
    I wanted to do this. I looked through the sms app, as well as the share options from the camera app. I could find no new options that would make this possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta
    I wanted to do this. I looked through the sms app, as well as the share options from the camera app. I could find no new options that would make this possible.
    Hmm Thanks for the reply. I really hoped you could do this, that is the only thing I miss about my old Sanyo when sending pictures. Receiving the voice is nice and all, but not important to me when the person I want to be receiving the voice from also has a Treo 600!
    my phone crashes on incoming calls, anybody else?
    okay, I'm el stupido. email works great when its properly configured...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    my phone crashes on incoming calls, anybody else?
    Never even thought to check that.

Thankfully it's working fine.
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast