Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    kay, still cant get the email thing going. someone wanna walk me through their setup like a baby???
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I know you're now a paid TC employee and thought that they must have given you a nice signing bonus :-)

basic works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    basic works for me
    I'll have to give it a try. thanks.
    Curroius if the bug in the Pa1m One POP3 client is fixed (where it makes the EMail_libr_HsMp_BCB file get bigger and bigger untill you have no more memory)?
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I know you're now a paid TC employee and thought that they must have given you a nice signing bonus :-)
    HA! I don't even technically start until June...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    ARHHH!! Crap, endless soft reset as we speak!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    MovieRec now records sound and video
    I'm shure Mirdau is getting "paid", not paid (read a small amount of money, verse the larger amount that being a mod/admin should get).
    So Mirdau, are you planning you huge vacation to Aruba yet..LOL
    Damn...

"General Error updating device!" DOH!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Damn...

"General Error updating device!" DOH!
    You may see a "General error" while running the Treo 600 Updater (info). If this happens, perform a soft reset.

Still happens?
    If a soft reset doesn't work, you might wish to try the "hard reset method" of clearing memory to temporarily accommodate the Treo 600 Updater:

On your desktop computer, cancel the installation of the Treo 600 Updater.

On your smartphone, perform a hard reset. Remember, a hard reset will erase everything on your device.

Perform a HotSync operation with your desktop computer. You will be asked for a user name. Do not use your old user name. Instead, create a new user name (such as "temp1") and select OK.

On your desktop computer, run the Treo 600 Updater installer again. During the upgrade process, you'll be asked to pick a device to apply the update to. Choose the new user name (such as "temp1") that you created. Then continue following the system upgrade instructions, which will include a HotSync operation that transfers the system upgrade to your device.

After installing the system upgrade, perform another hard reset. This wipes out the temporary user name and temporarly user data, but does not affect the ROM that you just upgraded

Perform another HotSync operation. When asked for your user name, select the user name you were using before you changed it. Your personal data and applications should be restored to your device during synchronization.
    carter437, which version are you using? The MovieRec v1.12 for Treo 600, which the site says not to use with Spring?
    Quote Originally Posted by carter437
    In the same light, a new app showed up in infintyballs' forums, that may help alliviate some of our price problems with audiocity...

"SoundRec -Official discussion thread for SoundRec, the only free sound recording application, that I know of, for Palm OS5 PDAs."

No download is available for it yet.

I can confirm though that movierec 1.12 works great with the new sprint update.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Yep, 1.12
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    You may see a "General error" while running the Treo 600 Updater (info). If this happens, perform a soft reset.

Still happens?
    If a soft reset doesn't work, you might wish to try the "hard reset method" of clearing memory to temporarily accommodate the Treo 600 Updater:

On your desktop computer, cancel the installation of the Treo 600 Updater.

On your smartphone, perform a hard reset. Remember, a hard reset will erase everything on your device.

Perform a HotSync operation with your desktop computer. You will be asked for a user name. Do not use your old user name. Instead, create a new user name (such as "temp1") and select OK.

On your desktop computer, run the Treo 600 Updater installer again. During the upgrade process, you'll be asked to pick a device to apply the update to. Choose the new user name (such as "temp1") that you created. Then continue following the system upgrade instructions, which will include a HotSync operation that transfers the system upgrade to your device.

After installing the system upgrade, perform another hard reset. This wipes out the temporary user name and temporarly user data, but does not affect the ROM that you just upgraded

Perform another HotSync operation. When asked for your user name, select the user name you were using before you changed it. Your personal data and applications should be restored to your device during synchronization.

You what's funny... I went ahead and did this without even reading the FAQ! I think I've had one too many update catatrophies to know exactly what to do!

Thanks though...will update results...

Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    In the same light, a new app showed up in infintyballs' forums, that may help alliviate some of our price problems with audiocity...

"SoundRec -Official discussion thread for SoundRec, the only free sound recording application, that I know of, for Palm OS5 PDAs."

No download is available for it yet.

Can some one provide a link to 1.12?

Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    As can I. Just tried it. Awesome!
    The $29.99 Audacity Personal edition appears to also work for voice recording.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Can some one provide a link to 1.12?
    MovRec 1.12
    Quote Originally Posted by carter437
    Very cool! I just downloaded v1.12 of MovieRec (the one with all the warnings NOT to use it on Sprint phones) and it works like a charm!
    Other than a brief freak out moment after the update when I had to HotSync a second time (directions say only one HS is necessary) to get all my stuff back, this update seems to work just fine. Phone sounds good, signal strength is the same, Agendus icons are still there, all financial data was preserved in Splashmoney, etc.

Still on my original treo and loving it!

-kaiser
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast