Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Ok - I think "Treo Tools" is the issue. I removed it from the backup folder, hard reset, did a hotsynch, but the reset thing started again. I then noticed that Treo Tools was BACK in the files list when I used Filez to look around. Deleted it, soft reset, and activated wireless and all seems well... Wierd.
    Just finished the update.

I followed the instructions exactly and it seems to have gone off without a hitch.

Also, I'm using Launcher X without issue and launching the e-mail application did not reset my Treo.
    Finished installation...everything went smooth (apparently). Going to play around with the phone now.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    but can you actually USE the email app, not just launch it????
    The priority indicator is under the Compose menu, you can choose Urgent or Normal.
    Using Filez, I deleted my old email databases which fixed the not being able to launch problem. I lost the sprint configuration and I had to rest and it seems like it's working.. However I still have had it soft reset while using it...But the resets are occasional
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Yes - I just set it up with my Earthlink account and pulled mail. I still like Snapper better though...
    so you deleted all of the associated files or just specific ones? and then you installed anew?
    VOICE RECORDING WORKS PERFECTLY! (Sprint Treo 600) I am using Audacity Pro (the other version crash out). (http://www.audiost.com/advr.htm). This is awesome! The quality is great, this is pretty cool.Too bad I had to find a windows machine to install the software, and then email the prc's to my Treo (the onyl offer their software in an exe form so that the ocnduit is also installed)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    is all of your account info and setup info the same as before, or is anything different?
    Voice record works with audacity, day notez crashes it. yipeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Yep, just tested it. Worked fine.
    In responce to email, I just deleted the main email database: "Email_libr_HsMp_BC81E57B" The last 8 digits are unique to your device i believe.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I did the update, and it went flawlessly...
    mine worked fine. Kind of a snooze, really. Nothing that earth shattering. Oh well - such is life.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    VOICE RECORDING WORKS PERFECTLY! (Sprint Treo 600) I am using Audacity Pro (the other version crash out). (http://www.audiost.com/advr.htm). This is awesome! The quality is great, this is pretty cool.Too bad I had to find a windows machine to install the software, and then email the prc's to my Treo (the onyl offer their software in an exe form so that the ocnduit is also installed)
    did i read that correctly: $99 for the pro version? my pockets aren't that deep. sheesh.
    Okay, now that I think I have successfully installed the update, tell me how I can check?

Kimberly
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Okay, now that I think I have successfully installed the update, tell me how I can check? I don't see this new email client so I am wondering if the update indeed installed.

Kimberly
    Go the the phone screen.

MENU
    OPTIONS
    PHONE INFO

UNDER SOFTWARE IT SHOULD READ: TREO600-1.20-SPR
    Yeah.. $99 is far to steep. I'm using the 30 day demo myself... I dont' think I would ever buy it. I did try to use the cheaper version (basic) and it crashed out with "no support for a 5 way navigator device."
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Yeah.. $99 is far to steep. I'm using the 30 day demo myself... I dont' think I would ever buy it. I did try to use the cheaper version (basic) and it crashed out with "no support for a 5 way navigator device."
    I know you're now a paid TC employee and thought that they must have given you a nice signing bonus :-)
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast