Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I've been following along and keeping track of the last few pages.

Things are still good on my phone after the update. I'm enjoing the new voice and sound recording applications and I've been getting beaten badly by the computer at the new backgammon game.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    over 500 posts is a little crazy... is anybody even reading this far??
    I cant imagine reading this thread from start to finish
    I've read every darned one of them!!!

I followed the update instructions to the letter, and although the process appeared to go fine, it caused my wireless reception to degrade to the point that I could no longer make or receive calls from my office. It works fine otherwise, except that I've also noticed that it hangs a bit now.

The next day, I called tech support and they suggested I take the phone to a Sprint store to be tested. I decided to wait and see if any one else on this forum reported the same problem, which they have.

Last Friday, I called tech support again, and a Tier 2 "Voice" support tech admitted that he had "heard" that there were problems with the 1.2 update. He remarked that my phone wasn't registering correctly on their network. (Phone type should have been "2"; mine was registering nothing.) We tried a hard reset, but that didn't fix the problem. He finally said that I'd have to take the phone into the store to be tested.

I took it to the store and told the tech what my experience had been and about my conversation with Tier 2 support. He said it wouldn't do any good to test the phone and ordered a new one for me. With any luck, it'll arrive this week.

I installed the 1.1 update and had no problems with it. But, if I had it to do all over again, I would NOT install the 1.2 update on my phone. IMO, trading a working phone for a voice recorder is not a good bargain. The potential for problems with the current 1.2 update is a crap shoot!

~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLuvr
    I've read every darned one of them!!!

I followed the update instructions to the letter, and although the process appeared to go fine, it caused my wireless reception to degrade to the point that I could no longer make or receive calls from my office. It works fine otherwise, except that I've also noticed that it hangs a bit now.

The next day, I called tech support and they suggested I take the phone to a Sprint store to be tested. I decided to wait and see if any one else on this forum reported the same problem, which they have.

Last Friday, I called tech support again, and a Tier 2 "Voice" support tech admitted that he had "heard" that there were problems with the 1.2 update. He remarked that my phone wasn't registering correctly on their network. (Phone type should have been "2"; mine was registering nothing.) We tried a hard reset, but that didn't fix the problem. He finally said that I'd have to take the phone into the store to be tested.

I took it to the store and told the tech what my experience had been and about my conversation with Tier 2 support. He said it wouldn't do any good to test the phone and ordered a new one for me. With any luck, it'll arrive this week.

I installed the 1.1 update and had no problems with it. But, if I had it to do all over again, I would NOT install the 1.2 update on my phone. IMO, trading a working phone for a voice recorder is not a good bargain. The potential for problems with the current 1.2 update is a crap shoot!

~~~~~
    i could not have said it any better..
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I don't mind it at all.

My point was simple. If you had trouble was the upgrade that's a shame. However, just because you had trouble doesn't mean everyone who does the upgrade is going to have trouble. That's the problem I have with a statement like, "don't do it, it's full of bugs."

Something like, "I had major trouble with the upgrade, do it at your own risk" makes a hell of a lot more sense.

I'm done.

not to beat this one to death, but this update, greenberg, IS FULL OF BUGS. look at all the treos being returned to sprint stores because of the update! with so many people having issues, there MUST BE a major flaw somewhere in the update. THIS IS AS SIMPLE AND CLEAR AS YOU CAN MAKE IT, MY FRIEND.

i would like to know out of all those who upgraded without a problem, how many are STILL PROBLEM-FREE. that would be interesting to see.

i`m betting sprint is probably working on this issue as we speak due to the overwhelming number of problems stemming from a simple update! it would be unwise to leave such an update out there frustrating good customers who want a hi-end, reliable device for personal or business use. it might encourage them to drop sprint`s treo or sprint altogether, you know? so if i owned a smoothly running treo 600 without issues and really did not need voice recording or palm email, i would steer FAR, FAR, away from this landmine. it could cause an instant increase in blood pressure!!!
    I am one who has updated without a problem. Well, my treo does turn on at 3:30 am -but this hasn't caused any problems for me.

My Treo seems to be running better than ever...battery life is longer(less charging while using the phone more recording sound and video), the sound bug is gone (games play sound for more than a couple minutes), pictures seem better. I used this as an opportunity to 'clean house' and remove unused items. I'm downright puzzled at some of these improvements, but happy as well.

If Sprint puts out an update for this update I don't think I'll rush to download it. If it ain't broke, why fix it, right?
    treobk214, we've beaten this to death.

I'm done.
    I updated a few days ago and afterwards I got a reset loop. I made a backup so that was an easy fix....the problems I ran into was that I couldn't connect to vision or get provisioned. So I went to the sprint store(s) in my area and had a wonderful experience with such helpful people.....cough....excuse, I mean extremely unhelpful and unknowlegeable. Not a single sprint store in my area has a OTW provisioning cable so I after dealing with the unwilling for hours and at different locations I used my trusty teir support numbers obtained from sprintpcsinfo.com and got a tech to put a note in my account that I need a replacement. While waiting for that to show up, last night I opened blazer for fun and it did its thing. I will have to take a look at this replacement to see if its worth trading in my original since everything is working fine. I have no idea if my treo turns on at 330am but, I do know that the update was absolutely worthless....wow great a new boot screen and some other improvements that I haven't been able to identify. And as far as voice recording goes I have no idea how this is accomplished or how blazer plays midi inline. Did I overwrite the version of Blazer that does this in my backup restore? The only other improvement if you want to call it that is SMS priority but, really wtf is that for? All this update did was cause me headache and get me a new reconditioned treo. Can someone suggest how I can find and use these "improvements" such as voice recording. Another thought I had was if my reconditioned phone will have the new update or not. I'm realy ticked at this whole situation and mostly at Sprint and how they dealt with the situation at three different stores. Why on earth are they selling this phone and trying to support it when not one of their in store employees knows anything about it or how to use it. The first tech at the store that took a look at my phone was trying to use the stylus to tap "Web" in the phone app, where he should have pressed the directional key. It was ridiculous having to deal with these morons who thougt they knew what they were talking about. Another tech told me I need to call "Treo". I said, who is "Treo"....thats who makes the phone he replied. I said no, its Palm or Handspring and I pay you money so you are going to fix it...I'm not calling anyone. And then I lectured them on pretending to know what they are talking about and wasting my time trying to fix this problem. ARGHHH!!!!......./me punches hole in wall in frustration.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    i would like to know out of all those who upgraded without a problem, how many are STILL PROBLEM-FREE.
    I upgraded the first day and haven't had any problems.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    treobk214, we've beaten this to death.

I'm done.
    thats kinda what I said indirectly in my post... this thread needs to die

after 500 posts you should have an idea of what to do

what happens when it reaches 1000? will you feel better?
    It is still an issue so it is still open for discussion. If the thread turns you off then don't read it. By posting to the thread you contribute to what you see as a problem.

This issue is still worth people posting about their thoughts and experiences until Sprint takes corrective action.

If these were cars there would already be a recall under way.

Post on folks. Most people complaining about this thread DO NOT have the problems the rest of us are facing every day now. If they had to deal with it they would be glad this thread was still getting posts!
    Hmm...
    I am a sprint customer. After my update (went well)some how my charger went dead. I thought it was the phone and brought it to the store.

First sprint store said testing equip is down (40 minute drive)

Second gave run 
    Why you do think Sprint hasn't sent us Treo users a digital message/sms encouraging us to update the firmware as they did for the last update? If fact, the last time I checked, the update wasn't available on their web site.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/02/2004 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    When is ver 1.21 coming out?
    The update on my Treo 600 GSM (AT&T) went very smooth. However, now my 802.11b WiFi PC cards do not function on my IBM Thinkpad 600x PC. It appears as if the PC card slots have been disabled since the cards themselves are no longer recognized and the LEDs don't light when plugged in. Anyone else have this problem occur? If so, what is the solution?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Why you do think Sprint hasn't sent us Treo users a digital message/sms encouraging us to update the firmware as they did for the last update? If fact, the last time I checked, the update wasn't available on their web site.
    Just got it-

Sprint Alert: Treo600 Fix - From your PC, download this software patch: http://www.palmone/us/support/downlo...eo_600_updater

Still the same 1.20 though. Nothing newer with bug fixes.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    Just got it-

Sprint Alert: Treo600 Fix - From your PC, download this software patch: http://www.palmone/us/support/downlo...eo_600_updater

Still the same 1.20 though. Nothing newer with bug fixes.

Jason
    I just got that message also... what's the deal?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    I just got that message also... what's the deal?
    Just Sprint notifying us (finally) that the update is available. Nothing exciting.

Jason
    Well put Darnell! This issue is still open for discussion not only because it is affecting people but because its obvious a problem with sprint customer service and thier lack or inability to coordinate information about updates with palm one or vice versa. They could train sprint techs and reps on how to deal with the possible problems involved. If palm releases an update, they have to know there are going to problems and if sprint knows about the updates why the hell are they not prepared to deal with the issues involved with updating or even using the phone?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    For those curious, the version available on the PalmOne site is identical to the one on the SprintPCS site (even though the SprintPCS Treo600 page still says 1.10, the download link takes you to 1.20).

prompt% /usr/bin/diff -c palm_Treo600SprintUpdater1.20.exe spcs_Treo600SprintUpdater1.20.exe
    No differences encountered

ERic
    Well if you thought this tread got losts of posts before, just wait till more people install the update after getting that SMS message...

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???!!! Seems they would not have sent an SMS message given all of the issues many of us are having.

But this can be a good thing. More people with problems will mean that they have to make a fix faster. Shame it has to come at the expense of more people having problems, but it will probably be the case.