Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    The only game I ever use now causes a soft reset. I can no longer play Klondike.
    Just re-install it from the "add-on" folder.
  2. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    hi
    i updated my treo with the new updater..now each time i do a search it crashes! and even otherwise it keeps crashing..HELP!
    Try deleting Documents To Go and reinstalling it. That fixed it for me ..
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    The only game I ever use now causes a soft reset. I can no longer play Klondike.

Remove Klondike and then reinstall it from the CD. Then use the auto-updater within the program to get the latest version.

Jason
    I simply followed the instructions and everything works fine including Klondike.
    No problems at all.
    Maybe I just read this wrong, but wasn't there a free software made avaliable after you updated your Treo to 1.20? I could've sworn I saw it on the update site origionally. Don't get me wrong...the freebie e-mail program is very nice with v1.20, I just wouldn't mind the free game I thought I was gettin' too. ^_^
    Blaze, it was a Backgammon game. You had to download iit... Frankly I am not seeing anything special about the e-mail program. I use Sprint BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Hi,

Since I have upgraded to 1.20, I seem to have occassional trouble disconnecting from a data connection. I have tried disconnecting through the Prefs->Network option only to have my Treo 'freeze-up' which required me to do a soft reset. Also, I am using Handmark Express and have the option to 'disconnect on exit' picked which seems to cause a reset 1/2 the time. In the Phone app, the reset information actually tells me that Zlauncher died to to a Fatal Exception though.....

Anybody else have a similar problem? Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks a ton!
    I am having the same problem. When using Blazer, I have needed to soft reset after I got to Prefs and try to disconnect, but I also have Web Browser Pro, which has an auto-disconnect after quitting the program, and this works every time. This makes me wonder if Treo Connection Manager would solve the problem, but I have already used up my trial period and would prefer not to pay to have this maybe or maybe not fix the problem.
    Last edited by libmanj; 05/20/2004 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am still having the reset on attachment in the email app. I've found that if I delete the Saved preferences file I can then attach files. Something in my preferences file is messed up. I am as of yet unwilling to blow out the file because there are so many things I'd have to redo. Any ideas?

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I backed up my Treo, installed the updater to an SD card becuase I did not yet have the 12 MB of space required. (I went on a deleting binge of all the big apps I have through filez, but I did not want my hotsync backup to show that) That was a big mistake, because after I ran it it did nothing but unpack the software. I then ran the CDMA Updater, which updated the modem to Hardware rev x.y, and then I ran the ROM updater which updated the software to 0.9/1041/-FS or something like that. Basically something was majorly screwed up. The rom updater hard reseted my treo, so when it synced I gave it a new hotsync ID, and I reinstalled the firmware updater through hotsync, not through SD like I did before. It went through and actually ran everything the way it was supposed to (CDMA, and than flash and the support apps), and now I am restoring all of my data back onto my Treo.

My phone works, however My hardware is "Treo 600 x.y", and my Serial number has become "12345677890123". My PRL Rev is 10023. I had 10021 before.
    Hi Miradu,

I have gotten the same result as you on my phone after the update- i.e., "Hardware" now reads: "Treo 600 x.y"; and my Serial No. is now "12345677890123" (vs. the actual Handspring SN#). Have no idea what caused them, but seems to have occured after I reinstalled the update after I began to get continuous resets after installing it the first time (just a guess on my part, as this was anything but a smooth update like v. 1.10).

My phone seems to work ok, but these changes bother me and I'm afraid there may be negative repurcussions that will result down the road. Have you been able to correct these anomalies and get the correct Hardware version/SN# restored to your phone? If so, could you explain how you accomplished it, or will I have to call Sprint Cust. Serv. or Provisioning to get them to reset it somehow? I really would like to avoid having to do the latter!

Any further suggestions/solutions that you have discovered to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide with this situation!

Neo
    I think I'm going to ignore it. My phone works fine (T-Mobile), and the update features seem very minor from what I read here.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I installed last night - no issues - followed instructions exactly. Everything works ok though i deleted treo tools to be safe (had only the demo version anyway). I was tempted by the ability to use as voice recorder - works well - and the reference to improved voice quality (can't tell - but seems fine)...
    Aaargh! I tried the updater for my unbranded unlocked Treo which is on T-Mobile. I had plenty of memory, but halfway through the upgrade, I got a "general error". Now, every time I try to re-do the upgrade, it says "restoring handheld databases"! So, I disconnect it, because it thinks it has done the upgrade! Finally, after several tries, I just did a hard reset and I guess I'll restore my original 1.08 firmware from my SD card. Of course, Palm1 is no help - they say I should wait til the T-Mobile upgrade is out! I don't want the T-Mobile upgrade! I tried using new user names, but no good! How can I try the download again, as if I've never done it? Anyone?

Andrew
    I got it to work! I did a hard reset, then restored the data & ran the updater again-& this time it worked! Don't see much of a difference yet-but it's still new.

Whatever benefit there should be to the Treo update is now dwarfed by the fact that my phone drops its connection, freezes for about 30~90 seconds and then says "NO SERVICE" when I make a call.

When receiving a call, I can't usually answer it. touching the "ANSWER" button on the screen = hanging up. The button on the 5-way nav may work or may just do nothing.

While using the web or email, the phone constantly has to reconnect to the network and may freeze in the process. None of this was happening before the update. I now have an unreliable phone which I use to run a business.

I was SO happy with the device prior to the update and now I want to throw it against a wall! AND NO, I HAVE NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ON IT AT ALL! I cleared it (via hard reset) and only restored the addressdb and datebookdb thinking some holdover file from before was causing these problems.

DID NO NONE TEST THIS FIRMWARE ON THE SPRINT NETWORK PRIOR TO RELEASING IT?

Anyone with a copy of the firmware that shipped with the Treo600 (or even the January update) please let me know as I want to go back to the way it was!
    I have also noticed that my phone hangs for 30 - 90 seconds when it loses a signal, or sometimes even when it goes from SPCS to Roaming. I think it only happens when I have a data/Vision connection established, which i think is consistent with some other comments I've seen on the board. I agree, it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by pblevins

Whatever benefit there should be to the Treo update is now dwarfed by the fact that my phone drops its connection, freezes for about 30~90 seconds and then says "NO SERVICE" when I make a call.

When receiving a call, I can't usually answer it. touching the "ANSWER" button on the screen = hanging up. The button on the 5-way nav may work or may just do nothing.

While using the web or email, the phone constantly has to reconnect to the network and may freeze in the process. None of this was happening before the update. I now have an unreliable phone which I use to run a business.

I was SO happy with the device prior to the update and now I want to throw it against a wall! AND NO, I HAVE NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ON IT AT ALL! I cleared it (via hard reset) and only restored the addressdb and datebookdb thinking some holdover file from before was causing these problems.

DID NO NONE TEST THIS FIRMWARE ON THE SPRINT NETWORK PRIOR TO RELEASING IT?

Anyone with a copy of the firmware that shipped with the Treo600 (or even the January update) please let me know as I want to go back to the way it was!
    My cousin has this same exact problem with his Treo. It tends to hang for about 30-60 seconds, then gets the "No Service," and many times he can't answer an incoming call via touchscreen or the 5-way pad.

Has someone found a solution for this yet? Or is a replacement the only answer?
    Got it to go after a few attempts and changing the user name. Thanks to all for the advice. DLoaded the trial audacity software, movierec and soundrec, wow which to choose the play back is awesome, no resets so far keeping fingers crossed. Audio does appear to be sharper, thus far no problems with email

other apps (all workig ok)

LightWav
    LIVE
    treobutler
    khroma
    datbk5
    contact5
    launchX
    mlights
    Qset
    more more more
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    FYI - A hard reset fixed it for me. Good luck!
    Tried the Hard reset but my Treo still resets when I try and attach a pic to an email.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Tried the Hard reset but my Treo still resets when I try and attach a pic to an email.
    I followed the instructions in this KB article on PalmOne's website. It fixed the problem for me. (I was also getting the error described in this KB which is why I was doing it in the first place.)

Jason
    Cansomeone tell me what version of mail you should get with the update? I ran the update and it seemingly went well but my mail version is still 1.02Beta. Is this correct?