Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    I thought Movie Recorder takes video with internal memory but then when you go to save the videos they are saved to the card.

You may want to check the thread on Movie Recorder in the Multimedia forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I thought Movie Recorder takes video with internal memory but then when you go to save the videos they are saved to the card.

You may want to check the thread on Movie Recorder in the Multimedia forum.
    I should have checked there to begin with. Good to see I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    I should have checked there to begin with. Good to see I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Thanks...

what should happen is that you record to internal memory. when you stop it should give you a chance to save. in the upper tight hand corner, you should see a drop down that will let you pick your sd card.

it doesn't look like there will be an option to make the default to sd card. the speed is just too slow to record direcly to sd card and bypassing internal first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Did the 1.02 update with no problems. Everything worked exactly as advertised except now there is no access to sprintpcs or handspring or any webservices. Has anyone had a similar issue? Is there a need to program a proxy or is this an issue with the sprintpcs website at the moment that just so happens to coincide with the updater?

Thanks,
    Pete
    I have read the entire thread, and plan to do the update tomorrow. I have read about camera and speakerphone improvements. Anyone notice any difference in the performance of the RF/phone? What PRL is included in the update? Will the updater overwrite a never version of the PRL? I think I have 10023 installed, and believe that is the latest.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    I have read the entire thread, and plan to do the update tomorrow. I have read about camera and speakerphone improvements. Anyone notice any difference in the performance of the RF/phone? What PRL is included in the update? Will the updater overwrite a never version of the PRL? I think I have 10023 installed, and believe that is the latest.

Carl, it's the same PRL. As far as RF performance, I can't make any conclusive comments. All I can say is that after the applying the update I had to go to St Louis and had an opportunity to go up onto the top of the St Lous Arch. My friend who has a VM4500 didn't have a signal but my Treo600 did! So you can make your own conclusions!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/18/2004 at 10:50 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Carl, it's the same PRL. As far as RF performance, I can't make any conclusive comments. All I can say is that after the applying the update I had to go to St Louis and had an opportunity to up onto the top of the St Lous Arch. My friend who has a VM4500 didn't have a signal but my Treo600 did! So you can make your own conclusions!
    So where's the pixs of the arch ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels

Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Here you go!
    Where are all the blue dots ?
    Installed the update according to the directions from PalmOne with no problem. There were a couple of programs that didn't work right away after the update, but nothing big. Oddly, the Backgammon game was one of them. Even after a re-install it still is DOA with a soft reset on attempting to start the game. Weird.
    *Whew*

Just completed the update with zero problems. Thanks to all of you who performed the update and educated me on the do's and don'ts. I especially think the advice below is key! I went the safe route and purchased BackUpMan. Everything i working (i.e. Yahoo e-mail can send/receive e-mail with attachments; didn't lose Klondike; LightWav and Pocket Tunes had no problems; and no soft resets after testing the phone and apps over and over again.

FYI, I don't know if this has anything to do with hardware problems, but I have a palmOne branded T600 for Sprint.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD THE GUTS TO INSTALL THE UPDATE!!!

Here is the best way to apply the update.

1 Backup, just in case.
    2 Make sre you have the 6 Megs or whatever it took
    3 Fully charged in cradle or sync cable
    3 Turn OFF all auto backgound tasks, helpers, call screeners, hacks, sound enhancers, everything that is backgound enabled.
    4 Soft Reset the phone
    5 Apply patch.

should be pretty well problem safe then
    Worked fine for me on a Mac w/OS 10.3.3

I backed up (onto a card and also by hotsync), put the update in my installer, hotsynced, then ran the installer app. It did it's own hard reset (good thing I backed it up first) Everything worked fine.
    Yeah, my first install attempt totally crapped out, and i don't have any system level hacks installed other than aqua skins on the phone and shortcuts. Perhaps notably, I did not have the related hack that replaces the wireless splash screens. Not even a ringtone thing like lightwave or an alarm program.

Then I did the hard reset, new ID, install, hard reset, old ID thing and as far as I can tell everything works. I had to completely delete my contacts databases because hotsyncs kept hanging on that forever, but it was no problem because all the (thousands of) contacts but a few were imported from csv files exported from my unix app anyways so it was easy to just zap 'em back in. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't so much the contacts themselves, but the file-link I had set up that pointed to a network mapped drive that isn't available except when I'm at work. Usually that causes no problem other than a little errorbox during hotsync.

My camera still produces about the same quality images as far as I can tell. I never used it very much but I did notice the blue dots in low light and still do.
    My (sprint) net access worked fine before and still does, both with all of the on-device programs (tgssh, palmvnc, upirc, blazer, chess client, etc...) and pdanet.
    I haven't tried the audio access yet.

No unrequested resets or anything though. But then again, I haven't done most (any?) of the exact things people have said they were doing when their phone rebooted.
    The aqua skins even came back after hotsyncing back to the old ID.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    why did I have to go and jynx myself by saying I haven't had any problems?
    I installed soundrec, recorded a few seconds of audio, selected "delete" from it's menu and watched the thing warm reset.
    heh
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Anyone working on patch for us unfortunate folks who have unlocked phones in third world countries. Somehow some previously unlocked branded T6's from Orange in the UK are being sold here and we cannot seem to upgrade. Any help will be appreciated
    PJ
    Forget the arch, where are more pics of the chick in his avatar???
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Forget the arch, where are more pics of the chick in his avatar???
    Many have asked, but gfunk has been mum (so far)
    I had posted a message on Friday saying "don't update" because after I did I couldn't get the phone to turn on. It would simply reset each time.

However, after doing HARD RESET on Saturday morning, it appears that the phone is now functioning - AND my Audacitydigital recorder is working (which was my reason for doing the update ASAP).

So:
    - do a full sync before starting (to get all your data back afterwards);
    - run the update;
    - do a HARD reset (press reset & the Phone ON buton together).

Enjoy!!
    Just installed the update, with zero problems. Based on some of the problems people have discovered, I DID take a few preliminary steps first, which I think minimized the likelihood of problems. Here they are:

Went into Filez and moved to the SD card my Aqua button overlay file

Went through all my utility software and disabled any and all programs that might hack into the operating system. In my case, I disabled KeyCaps, OnCradleOn, Pocket Protector, Call Shield, Treo Butler, TrelAlert Manager, TreoGuard, TreoHelper and TreoSelectText

Set Launcher X to AUTO update the icons, and then exited L-X so it was not the default launcher.

Made a complete backup using Backup Buddy, and copied the backup folder to an alternate location.

Then I followed EXACTLY the instructions in the updater installer, except that my battery was only at 97%.

No problems with the update, and so far everything seems to be okay. But the updater left several files behind, which I guess I can delete manually (D.C., AppInflator, CDMA and TOM Updater.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    ok
    i tried the download, got it, installed it, worked fine... i tried to get my freebie and this is what i get
    Promotion code has been used too many times.
    argh!
    what can i do? life without backgammon
    andres