Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All programs survived outside of DA and Klondike.

Deleted both, re-installed, have DA back.

Anybody have Klondike problem, never know when you need solitaire !
    Yes, I am, see several posts back. I was able to get Klondike back after the 1.10 upgrade, but no joy with 1.20.
    Let me know if you figure something out.
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Laurie and DL, its almost comical ya know. But feeling silly has no end for me it seems tonight. Meaning; I don't think my Update took. When I completed the process I'm showing 1.10 version and not 1.20. So you know I'm really lost now if I didn't know where the power button was earlier. -lol

There was a couple of things I was fuzzy on was when I went to get my files from Backup. Should I have Restored the Device or just the files? I'm concerned cuz normally when I restore I do not get prompted to replace certain files because they exist already. And I remember it asking me something about do I want to keep the files on the computer or override. I know I read the answer somewhere here, but being a little stressed at this point, who know's which I picked.

Some more help please....
    Did you restore a backup onto your update ?

After updating your operating system, always replace files not device, till your backup contains that operating system.

Here is the best way to apply the update.

1 Backup, just in case.
    2 Make sre you have the 6 Megs or whatever it took
    3 Fully charged in cradle or sync cable
    3 Turn OFF all auto backgound tasks, helpers, call screeners, hacks, sound enhancers, everything that is backgound enabled.
    4 Soft Reset the phone
    5 Apply patch.

should be pretty well problem safe then
    Did you restore a backup onto your update ?

After updating your operating system, always replace files not device, till your backup contains that operating system.

Here is the best way to apply the update.

1 Backup, just in case.
    2 Make sre you have the 6 Megs or whatever it took
    3 Fully charged in cradle or sync cable
    3 Turn OFF all auto backgound tasks, helpers, call screeners, hacks, sound enhancers, everything that is backgound enabled.
    4 Soft Reset the phone
    5 Apply patch.

should be pretty well problem safe then
    Thanks for these instructions DL, I'm now updated to 1.20!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 05/16/2004 at 01:06 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    If I install the upgrade, then do a hard reset, do I have to reinstall the upgrade again? I suspect not, since it's a firmware upgrade, but can anybody verify this?

Thanks,
    Andy
    No, it is embedded in your unit aftere the Update takes affect. I was curious about this point too, but I just did another hard reset and the new version is still there.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Ok - my backup went no problem, but I have friends who also have Treos and are not as savy as I am, so a quick questoin to anyone who has this situation:

Friend already has the beta Mail app installed on his unit.
    What does he need to delete in order to do the upgrade properly, and not have problems with the new mail app? Anything? Or will the upgrade simply blow away the old version of Mail even if it tries to resync it? Also, are his data files safe?

Thanks.
    The upgrade won't blow away the mail files; you have to delete the Mail app (using the default "delete" process from the Home screen) and then essentially start over from there. I'm pretty sure all the data files get nuked - I know for sure that the settings do!
    I've noticed that after the update 1.20, i did last night, sandman doesn't work so now i can't turn off my screen during phone calls, now that this happened my battery life will probably drain out faster and the phone will get hotter. Does anyone know of any programs that might still work or fix this problem.
    Chip.

I had a similar problem with Sandman after the upgrade. Re-installing it seems to have solved the issue though. Give it a try.

If not, I know "Phone Guard" works.
    Could some kind individual please email me the extracted contents of the updater? I can unzip the downloadable .zip file, but I have no way to run the resulting updater .exe under Linux. Even better, post a link in this thread.

Why PalmOne doesn't just put the darn PRC in the zip file directly is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help. Email to grib (at) billgribble.com would be great.

Thanks,
    Bill Gribble
    I followed the directions on the Sprint Updater that I got off this site, and it completely locked up my TREO. All I get is the "Palm Powered" logo even when I reset. I can't even turn the phone off.

I would think twice before downloading this updater. It is a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by 454alan
    I would think twice before downloading this updater. It is a disaster.
    I think that's a bit of an over-statement.

Not everyone has had trouble with the update.

Sorry things went bad for you. Your problem sounds common to a few other people here and there is a solution. I suggest reading through this rather lengthly thread for how others fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I think that's a bit of an over-statement.

Not everyone has had trouble with the update.

Sorry things went bad for you. Your problem sounds common to a few other people here and there is a solution. I suggest reading through this rather lengthly thread for how others fixed it.
    ditto!
    Yes-- be persistent and follow the instructions laid out in this thread. I had multiple errors until I did a hard reset and synched to a new profile. The people here are terrific
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Well, I'll answer the question !

Deleted app from device, reset, extracted Klondike from installation CD, installed.

Works again
    Yes this worked for me... however, I didn't extract from the cd i clicked on add programs and selected it from the list.
    Install went pretty smooth, a few rough spots but no worse for wear thanks to all of the pros here at TreoCentral.

I'm a little dissapointed that the new mail app didnt provide any help for those using Comcast to get their outgoing E-Mail working. I know that there is a workaround using Sprints smtp servers but I was never able to get that to work either.

Overall the greatest thing about this update is the ability to record sound. MovieRec with sound is too cool!!! MovieRec is so great, thats why Im using Ryans new app called SoundRec. Soundrec is still a little Rough but we can all remember the Fast and Furious updates that Ryan put out when he released MovieRec. Thats why I am putting all of my weight (and some of my money, in the form of a donation) behind Ryan and his great work.

I have only one question about this update. What is this Sound Manager (Sounds) Application all about? Someone clue me in on some good uses for this thing.
    FYI on the Comcast issue - it's not Sprint's problem AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $Comcast$ $is$ $preventing$ $any$ $SMTP$ $email$ $from$ $non$-$Comcast$ $accounts$ $because$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $be$ $hosting$ $SMTP$ $based$ $spam$ - $this$ $is$ $a$ $common$ $concept$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $quite$ $a$ $few$ $SMTP$ $outbound$ $services$ $don$'$t$ $work$ $from$ $a$ $Sprint$ $phone$. $You$ $can$ $send$ $all$ $you$ $want$ $from$ $your$ $laptop$ $hooked$ $to$ $your$ $Comcast$ $cable$ $modem$, $but$ $not$ $your$ $Sprint$ $phone$.

However, you can use your Sprint outbound SMTP to send back from any account without hurting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    I'm a little dissapointed that the new mail app didnt provide any help for those using Comcast to get their outgoing E-Mail working. I know that there is a workaround using Sprints smtp servers but I was never able to get that to work either.
    The issue is not just with Comcast AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $am$ $on$ $Cox$.$net$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $use$ $Sprint$'$s$ $smtp$. $Sprint$'$s$ $smtp$ $works$ $great$. $Call$ $their$ $Tier$ $2$ ($866$ $884$-$4534$) $and$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $you$ $are$ $using$ $the$ $correct$ $user$ $name$ $and$ $password$. $Then$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $set$ $your$ $smtp$ $to$ $smtp$.$sprintpcs$.$com$.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    An easy solution for an SMTP server is to purchase on from Fast Mail. It's what I eventually did. Only $14.95.

www.fastmail.fm
    Is there a way to get MovieRec to store files on your external card? Why is it that my videos are MASSIVE in size (literally a meg for just a few seconds of video - and then my phone resets because it's out of memory)? Could this be related to my Qset application being set at 90 for better camera resolution? I can't imagine that everyone is having this same issue and still raving about this app. Thanks for any help...