Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    What am I doing wrong, I'm trying to do a hard reset by holding the power button down and pushing in the tip in the back and no hard reset. It repowers but the files are still there.

I know this seems simple, but it's not simple for me to do. Should I be doing something different?

Thanks
    Are you holding down the power button AND NOT RELEASING IT UNTIL THE PALM LOGO APPEARS?
    Lgreenberg,

Thanks for responding, I realize this should be simple.

Yes, I'm holding down the power button and holding it down until I get the Palm logo but I'm still getting my old files back. Does it matter if you push the power button first or the reset? LOL, of course at this point I've tried all kinds of combinations.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    1. Hold down the power (on/off) button on your device.

2. While holding down the power button, turn over your device so that you can see the back of it. Using an unfolded paper clip or a similar small object, gently press the RESET hole on the back.

3. When the device's screen displays the Palm Computing Platform logo, release the power button.
    try this press power button down then put reset pin in wait a couple of seconds and with the button still pressed down remove the reset pin then let button go you should see the screen to remove all your data press the nav up

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    1. Hold down the power (on/off) button on your device.

2. While holding down the power button, turn over your device so that you can see the back of it. Using an unfolded paper clip or a similar small object, gently press the RESET hole on the back.

3. When the device's screen displays the Palm Computing Platform logo, release the power button.
    After the power button is released it should ask you to confirm the hard reset. Press the 5-way navigation up for "yes".
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    No go. I've tried to do it about 20 times this evening. I vaguely remember a reset software program, but was unable to find it.

Thanks for the help.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    All programs survived outside of DA and Klondike.

Deleted both, re-installed, have DA back.

Anybody have Klondike problem, never know when you need solitaire !
    What am I doing wrong, I'm trying to do a hard reset by holding the power button down and pushing in the tip in the back and no hard reset. It repowers but the files are still there.

I know this seems simple, but it's not simple for me to do. Should I be doing something different?

Thanks
    I hope it's not a silly question but are you using the power button next to the antenna vs. the power/keyguard button?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All programs survived outside of DA and Klondike.

Deleted both, re-installed, have DA back.

Anybody have Klondike problem, never know when you need solitaire !
    Well, I'll answer the question !

Deleted app from device, reset, extracted Klondike from installation CD, installed.

Works again
    Here's the problem I'm getting. After doing the firmware upgrade exactly as the instructions say, my treo will work just fine for a few hours. Then it will start to "Soft reset" only once or twice at random, but it gets progressively worse. It gets to the point that the unit will loop "Soft resets" until the battery drains completely. Anyone else have this problem?

Is there a way to go back to 1.10 ?
    What SMS version did everyone end up with AFTER the 1.20 upgrade?

Mine is 1.01 and I dont seem to see the "new" features.

After my upgrade, I restored from my SD card and ended up with two (2) MAIL icons... the old version and the new one.

I had to delete the OLD one with FileMan since only ONE "Mail" item showed up in the regular Palm "delete" menu and it wasnt the old one. (the icons look different and the app is larger)

Just curious to know your SMS version and confirm that I have the new one.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    can i use the sprint gsm update if i am not using sprint?

i leave in China and dont think the update will cover all the service provider in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I hope it's not a silly question but are you using the power button next to the antenna vs. the power/keyguard button?
    BINGO! Damn, I never use that power button next to the antenna.

Thanks Laurie!

Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    I had java; now I don't. How do I get it back for free?
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/download.html

Same problem here.... this is the site
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg
    What SMS version did everyone end up with AFTER the 1.20 upgrade?

Mine is 1.01 and I dont seem to see the "new" features.

After my upgrade, I restored from my SD card and ended up with two (2) MAIL icons... the old version and the new one.

I had to delete the OLD one with FileMan since only ONE "Mail" item showed up in the regular Palm "delete" menu and it wasnt the old one. (the icons look different and the app is larger)

Just curious to know your SMS version and confirm that I have the new one.
    Under Compose does it have; urgent and normal priority?

If so thats the new one.
    BINGO! Damn, I never use that power button next to the antenna.

Thanks Laurie!
    Ask me how I knew (1.10 update)
    Hi,

Since I have upgraded to 1.20, I seem to have occassional trouble disconnecting from a data connection. I have tried disconnecting through the Prefs->Network option only to have my Treo 'freeze-up' which required me to do a soft reset. Also, I am using Handmark Express and have the option to 'disconnect on exit' picked which seems to cause a reset 1/2 the time. In the Phone app, the reset information actually tells me that Zlauncher died to to a Fatal Exception though.....

Anybody else have a similar problem? Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks a ton!
    -Brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Ask me how I knew (1.10 update)
    Birds of a feather ?

A man designed the Treo; and he uses the wrong side of his brain ?

Or just the wrong half ?

...getting warm ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Under Compose does it have; urgent and normal priority?

If so thats the new one.

Thanks dlbrummels !

Yes it does and it appears that the icon may be slightly different than the old one if I recall correctly.

Good to know the old one did not overwrite the new!

Thanks again....
    Last edited by ChiefBragg; 05/16/2004 at 10:36 PM.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Laurie and DL, its almost comical ya know. But feeling silly has no end for me it seems tonight. Meaning; I don't think my Update took. When I completed the process I'm showing 1.10 version and not 1.20. So you know I'm really lost now if I didn't know where the power button was earlier. -lol

There was a couple of things I was fuzzy on was when I went to get my files from Backup. Should I have Restored the Device or just the files? I'm concerned cuz normally when I restore I do not get prompted to replace certain files because they exist already. And I remember it asking me something about do I want to keep the files on the computer or override. I know I read the answer somewhere here, but being a little stressed at this point, who know's which I picked.

Some more help please....