Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    I tried the Eval version of EasyNotes and the voice recording worked fine. But it seems that it takes forever to start the program up. Is this just me? Does the registered version start any quicker?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Having now done the update to 1.20, and being a bit of a veteran of these operating system upgrade situations (because I had a Handera 330 before the Treo 600), I would say this: DO NOT DO IT OVER AN EXISTING SYSTEM UNLESS YOU HAVE AN SD CARD, AND HAVE A UTILITY LIKE CARD BACKUP OR BACKUPMAN (or maybe BackupBuddy). The HotSync backup simply isn't working right: for instance, I lost my whole calendar.

The hard reset method would be fine. With the backup utilities mentioned above (and a backup BEFORE you start the updating process), you really don't care what comes back from the HotSync, as long as you can still access the backup utility. Then do a restore through the utility, and viola, an updated Treo, AND the way you used to have it. Otherwise, TROUBLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by dell
    The HotSync backup simply isn't working right: for instance, I lost my whole calendar.
    This little app fixes that problem. It is freeware, and it sets ALL the databases/apps to be backed up during a normal hotsync.

Enjoy!!!

(I really should add this little app to my Treo600 site...)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb
    IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!! GO, GO, GO!!!! http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#treo600gsm
    Doh! It's only for Sprint. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Does anybody know whether this firware upgrade would work with the international unlock Treo 600 bought in Singapore??
    [Mid 1990's] Casio SF-7500 > Casio SF-9500 > Casio Planeo NX-6000 - Motorola 5200 > [1998] Palmpilot Pro - Ericsson GH388 > Palm Pilot Pro (2 MB) - Nokia 3210 > Palmpilot Pro (8 MB) - Ericsson GF788e > [1999] Handspring Visor Deluxe - Ericsson GF788e > [2001] Palm IIIC - Motorola V3688 - Nokia 8210 > [2002] Palm 505 - Motorola Timeport P7689 > [2004] Treo 600> [2005]Treo 600-Dell X50v[2006]Treo 650-Atom Pure
    Quote Originally Posted by dell
    Having now done the update to 1.20, and being a bit of a veteran of these operating system upgrade situations (because I had a Handera 330 before the Treo 600), I would say this: DO NOT DO IT OVER AN EXISTING SYSTEM UNLESS YOU HAVE AN SD CARD, AND HAVE A UTILITY LIKE CARD BACKUP OR BACKUPMAN (or maybe BackupBuddy). The HotSync backup simply isn't working right: for instance, I lost my whole calendar.

The hard reset method would be fine. With the backup utilities mentioned above (and a backup BEFORE you start the updating process), you really don't care what comes back from the HotSync, as long as you can still access the backup utility. Then do a restore through the utility, and viola, an updated Treo, AND the way you used to have it. Otherwise, TROUBLE!
    If you have the Hotsync conduit setup correct (PC overwrites Handheld), it woul dhave not lost the claendar. See my earlier post. Did you back up your folder? If so , you can get it from there and fix it (or at least you should be able too), good luck
    I ment to put slide show to go. could everyone try it and see if it causes a re set
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry people, forgive my excite.....oh hell, dont forgive it.
    I did the update and for the life of me I cant figure out why so many people have had so many problems.

All my apps work as they did before the update....and yes, can you tell that I'm happy!
    not everyone has your exact configuration of apps....duh
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    maybe i'm blind but i dont see a demo.. i meant a demo for my phone.. not some online demo ><
    http://www.audiost.com/advrper.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    you know what?

im gonna hold my horses, sprint.

these kinds of HORROR stories remind me of a certain KENNY ROGERS song - whose lyrics go ... "YOU GOT TO KNOW WHEN TO HOLD EM.... KNOW WHEN TO FOLD EM.... KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY... AND KNOW WHEN TO..... RUN! "

im walkin away from this cesspool until its safe to update - WHAT A NIGHTMARE!
    What horror stories? Just follow the safe method and hard reset and install on a clean hotsync id
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    maybe i'm blind but i dont see a demo.. i meant a demo for my phone.. not some online demo ><
    Download trial, 30 days to try.

http://www.audiost.com/advrpro.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Same happens here, I have been using the GSM mail version on my Sprint (the version that was on the boards for a few days a while ago) and didn't have any problems with attachements. Now when I hit insert attachment, boom, soft reset.
    When I installed the beta version (months ago), I had the exact same issue. I finally got it working, but I can't remember how I did it.... which is unfortunate, because I'm having the same problem all over again. I'm still searching the site for info on this. If anyone has the answer... Please post!

I know this is going off on a tangent, but just as an FYI on the Palm Mail App (a few things I ran into with the "beta" POP3 mail app... two of which still apply with the new version):

1. You cannot save attachments to card. To qualify that with an example, if you get an attachment that you may want to store on an SD Card for later use/viewing with your PC (but not supported on the Palm OS), you simply can't. Likewise, if you have a file on the SD Card that isn't supported on the Palm OS, you cannot forward it.
    2. "Leave mail on Server" Option (under account settings) - Keep this option selected. If this is unchecked, then as soon as the email is downloaded to your handheld then it's deleted from the server. No big deal, right? The snag is that the MAXIMUM chunk of data that will be downloaded (on the first pass) is 100k. If your email is larger, it is not only chopped at 100k, but is also deleted from the server. So, if you try to get the remaining bit, you'll get a message saying that it is no longer on the server. I did a quick test on the latest "update" to this mail client, and it has the same functionality.
    3. I haven't confirmed this one yet with the new version (but seen with the beta): The mail database will keep expanding in size as you get larger emails/attachments...but it will never shrink when you delete/clean up your inbox. At one point, after I had wiped out all of my emails, it was taking up about 7 MB of space. The only answer was to delete the mail databases, and start from scratch.

These 3 limitations was the reason I switched to Snapper. Still...it's not too shabby for a free email app. Now that it's a built in app, I've been trying to justify using it again (and get rid of the clutter of multiple mail apps).

Everything else seems to work fine after the update. Just make sure ALL of your PRCs/PDBs are backed up so you don't lose settings for your apps. As a safeguard, I also set all of my conduits to "Do Nothing" except for the System... After all of the updating/syncing finished, I set them to "Desktop Overwrites Handheld", and then back to normal sync. That way, if something went terribly wrong, my desktop apps (Outlook Contacts, etc.) wouldn't get wiped inadvertently.
    I would suspect that some of the problems are due to third party applications installed. I was able to complete the upgrade without any problems and without having to create a new HotSync ID. Here is what I have on my phone (third party):

Adobe Reader
    AfterSync
    Agendus
    AutoSlate
    AvantGo/AGConnect
    BlueSync
    Botzam Backup
    Cleanup
    ClipPRO
    Converter
    Dir Assist
    DoInventory
    DopeWars
    FileZ
    HandZipperLite
    JpegWatchLite
    Madness Manager
    MetrO
    MovieRec
    PalmReader
    PDA Defense
    PocketLingo 2.0
    PrintMe
    Pocket Tunes
    Qset
    QuickOffice Premier
    QuickTake
    SnapperMail
    SplashShopper
    SyncAll
    TimeCopy
    TrafficStat
    TreoHelper
    Uninstall Manager
    Workout Tracker
    WPM
    ZLauncher

The only thing I did was turn off the encryption on PDA Defense...just in case. Hope this helps.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by lenman
    Has Anyone noticed an improvement in the CAMERA????????????????
    YES....YES. Cam is much better after installing the REC software.!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I just purchased my Sprint T600 on Thursday. How do I know if the update has already been installed?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIowa
    I just purchased my Sprint T600 on Thursday. How do I know if the update has already been installed?
    Very dboutful it was. I forget the pound code (someone help me here), but I would bet that it doesn't have it included, as Sprint would not have had the time to incorp. it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIowa
    Go to the phone screen.

Then choose

MENU
    OPTIONS
    PHONE INFO

Under SOFTWARE it should read Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Quote Originally Posted by machomonster
    Does anybody know whether this firware upgrade would work with the international unlock Treo 600 bought in Singapore??

this is a firmware upgrade for cdma only.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Cam is much better
    I'm finding that the camera is better, too. Less blue dots, better contrast. It's still not an amazing camera, or anything, but it is just a CMOS VGA jobber. Now it feels like it is working closer to its potential. It's no miracle, but there is certainly improvement. (This is on a non-refurbed hardware B model from October.)
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Same happens here, I have been using the GSM mail version on my Sprint (the version that was on the boards for a few days a while ago) and didn't have any problems with attachements. Now when I hit insert attachment, boom, soft reset.

FYI - A hard reset fixed it for me. Good luck!
    I did the update, went very smooth. Used the create "Temp" name meathod.
    2 questions
    Does the clock speed of the CPU seem faster?
    I use Cuckoo Clock (By RNS) and after the update, the cuckoos are fast as heck.
    I tried to delelte Klondike and then reinstall it (like in the V1.10 update), but it still resets, what did I forget.
    The exterenal speaker does seem more robust and crisp after the upgrade too, new drivers perhaps?
    TIA> Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 05/15/2004 at 12:00 PM.