Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Sandman works on mine
    Re-installed Sandman and now it works fine.

Go figure.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 05/14/2004 at 04:37 PM.
    After updating, the phone would reset when receiving a call, caused by Lightwav not being able to play ringers. So I reinstalled it and PTunes, just to be safe. Now there are no more resets, but no MP3 ringer sounds either. I can play them in LW, so they are being recognized. Anyone have this problem and figured it out yet?

Thanks
    cferd - as a test, try going to a ringtone download place & grabbing a ring tone. Some folks (I am one) have reported issues with downlaoding ringtones & that might be related to the issue you're seeing. It may not be obviously connected, but it might be. Just suggesting as a possibility...
    I don't quite follow. I have MP3 ringtones and they play fine within the LWav app. They just don't play when receiving calls.
    I don't quite follow. I have MP3 ringtones and they play fine within the LWav app. They just don't play when receiving calls.

Did you re-enable LW after the reset? The program is defaulted to disable itself after a reset to avoid "reset loops".
    Yes. That's the first thing I did.
    Finally installed the Sprint Update and everything is working fine so far. Here's what I did:

1) Backed up Treo using BackupMan
    2) Hard Reset
    3) Ran Sprint 1.20 Update and followed instructions
    4) After update installation completed, I did another Hard Reset
    5) Restored back-up file using BackupMan
    6) Reinstalled Java (optional)

My next move -- going to try out Audacity and MovieRec with sound!!
    Update went great. About to try the voice recording app...
    I had that problem with lightwav for the first incoming call. After the initial reset, I rescanned my card/RAM (refresh button on main lightwav screen) and it has worked since then. Not sure if this'll help you or not, but it's worth a try.
    (oops just saw that you re-installed, so that should wipe out my comment about refreshing it... hmmm... I did not re-install, just refreshed the file list, and that fixed it)
    Last edited by biscoradio; 05/14/2004 at 05:36 PM.
    cfred - my point was just to see if there was perhaps a connection between the thing you're having with LW and a problem others have been having with downloading ringtones. There may not be a connection; I was just grasping at straws....
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    um i know it sez FULL Charge but i mean cmon.. isnt 83% ok? do i actually need 100% or something?
    It doesn't have to be 100%, but they have to stress that. It'll keep people from complaining that their battery died and were never warned.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    here goes....
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Upgrade worked perfect for me!

Now that the microphone API has been opened up, does anyone know of any "Voice Dial" or "Voice Command"-type programs in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by DA6030
    Upgrade worked perfect for me!

Now that the microphone API has been opened up, does anyone know of any "Voice Dial" or "Voice Command"-type programs in the works?
    I'm in the market for one of those too!
    I had 98% and it still cried for the charger. Therefore I am still stuck with 1.1
    I did the update and everything seemed fine. However, I noticed a few icons were missing from ZLauncher, and I also didn't like that the calendar didn't bring back items from before today. I couldn't figure out how to force that to occur, and I wasn't sure if Backup Man could just bring that back, so I said to hell with it, and did a full restore from Backupman (saved before I started this). The one thing I noticed was after I did the update, I had about 10.5 meg of memory. When I restored, I went to about 9 meg, which is what I had before I did the update. I have no idea what that extra 1.5 meg might be. Anyone else have any guesses as to what it might be?

Other than that, the Treo seems to be working fine now.

Louis
    Looks like I'm the only one with the Mail app problem. I did a hard reset and ran the updater again and was able to configure the Mail app and setup my yahoo mail account. But after I did a restore from my SD card I get the soft resets with the Mail app again. I ended up hard resetting and ran the updater once more then installed ea. app one by one and copying my bookmarks, calendar, memo, contacts DB from the backup on my SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    My Mail app is not working anymore after the update. Prior to the update, I deleted the old Mail V1.0 version (with the OS 5 launcher delete) and also the Email_libr_HsMp_BC file with FileZ before I backed up my Treo to SD. After the update to 1.20 and restore from SD, Mail is at V1.02a. When I go to edit account and add new account, it resets the Treo everytime. Anyone else having problems like mine?

I also noticed the pre-configured accounts for Yahoo, Earthlink etc is not in V1.02a like it was in the older version.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    im having an issue with launcher x. if i do a hard reset and use backup man its workin perfectly. however... when i do a hotsync.... i get launcher X resets.
  20. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I Want My Attws Specific Firmware Upgrade!!!!!! Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!