Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    After update and installation of Audacity, getting the message "ERROR #8388 - append stream create". Any ideas on how to fix? Thank you.
    I hear all these people talking about doing hard resets before the update. The update performs a hard reset before it installs that is why you have to restore afterwards.
    two problems after update. It now resets after ever sync.
    I can not use The Docs to go slide show anymore. It resets everytime
    To all you Sprint CDMA Treo owners....welcome to March 2004.
    I have the launcher X problem as well, however, a delete reinstall corrected the issues.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Now the question becomes (and I have not done my update yet - waiting for the weekend) - who will write the first voice dialing app?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I hear all these people talking about doing hard resets before the update. The update performs a hard reset before it installs that is why you have to restore afterwards.

Well I only have about 3mb free memory on my Treo, so I did the hard reset to ensure there was enough room.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Ok, I consider myself to be at least somewhat knowledgeable of this stuff, but all this changing user names, and backing up stuff and deleting files is giving me a headache!

I have read that some of you have updated using only the instructions provided. Did any of you who installed it successfully using only the included instructions have the first update installed also?
    John 3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600
    Ok, I consider myself to be at least somewhat knowledgeable of this stuff, but all this changing user names, and backing up stuff and deleting files is giving me a headache!

I have read that some of you have updated using only the instructions provided. Did any of you who installed it successfully using only the included instructions have the first update installed also?
    Yes. I had installed 1.1 some time ago, and followed the standard instructions in today's update. So far, so good, although no real noticeable changes (other than the obvious - new email, which I don't use because I'm a Snapper junkie; SMS)
    I had the first update installed. I updated following their instructions, none of this hullaballoo about making it as hard as possible to update.

I have that app that replaces the phone buttons with nicer ones, no problems.
    I have Launcher-X, this causes a soft reset if you don't re-install it. So, if you use launcher X, remove it before you upgrade (or remove the database file after you update, not too difficult)...
    I also use lightwav and pocket tunes, both still work fine.
    easyNotes works fine for audio recording now.
    All the other stuff I have on mine still works.

They put this together so most people could do it without jumping through hoops. It seems like some people like to do things the more complicated way, but for me, and probably countless others, following the given directions worked fine.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Range
    To all you Sprint CDMA Treo owners....welcome to March 2004.
    The first update (version 1.10) was released in March. This version (1.20) just came out yesterday.

So to you I say, welcome to May 2004. Try to keep up....
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Anyone having problems powering down the radio? The Sprint "good bye" screen seems to hang upon power down.
    I had that same problem today - I was taking a test however and did not have time to figure out why it was hanging.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    There doesn't seem to be any patern to whether the update works or not. At least not one I can figure out yet.

I have Launcher X installed. I kept everything enabled, including Butler, Grafitti Anywhere, Lightwav and more.

Yes, I had also previously done the first update.

I followed the instructions on the site word for word and the update went flawlessly. Everything was working fine after the update (Launcher X, Palm Mail etc.) The only hic-cup I noticed was having to re-enter my registration code for Butler.

Knock on wood (and now I'm cursing myself) I haven't even had one soft-reset since doing the update yesterday.
    Mine also hangs on the Sprint "Good bye" screen. I never power off my phone, so it doesn't really affect my usage, but it seems like this should be something they would have checked. Perhaps lightwav or the phone number/favorites screen replacement has something to do with this?
    If it hangs on the goodbye screen what do you do to make it finally shut down?

Soft reset? And then when it comes back the radio is off?

Just curious....
    I also have the 'forever to hang up' scene working. I'm not concerned about it. At least - for now.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Anyone having problems powering down the radio? The Sprint "good bye" screen seems to hang upon power down.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I had that same problem today - I was taking a test however and did not have time to figure out why it was hanging.
    I tried radio off, wait, radio on, sequence multiple times with no problem.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    The first update (version 1.10) was released in March. This version (1.20) just came out yesterday.

So to you I say, welcome to May 2004. Try to keep up....
    i think he's just being a smug gsm user saying welcome to what they had back in march with the unofficial 3.04 update that has been floating around. it's funny that the actual official update first came to us lowly sprint users, though.
    Just an FYI:

As far as apps that turn off the screen during a call. I've found after the update:

Sandman will not work now.

Phone Guard does work as long as you allow it to install the Fake Car Kit .prc file.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Just an FYI:

As far as apps that turn off the screen during a call. I've found after the update:

Sandman will not work now.

Phone Guard does work as long as you allow it to install the Fake Car Kit .prc file.
    Sandman works on mine