Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Get-treo
    well, I had little difficulty with my update to the 1.2. Slight glitch right after the 1st reset where there was a buzzing through the speaker. Reset again and everything is fine. All 3 pop3 email accounts are working normally too.
    Just checked my email -- no problems with at all with any of my 3 accts.

BTW, nice avatar, wrong team!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    quick question.. once the install is done does it permanently take up that 6 megs on my PALM? i got about 4 megs free and i figure if i do a hard reset then ill have plenty of space sure for the 6 megs. however if it takes up room on the palm for that much then i wont be able to restore. has anyone noticed how much space this update takes post install on the device?
    I think that I had 8.6MB before the installation and went down to 8.4MB.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Funny, mine went from 10.4 free to 10.7 free.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Eric, I didn't do this software upgrade, however when I upgraded from FW2.09 to FW2.12 I got that sounds app and I can tell you that it's useless. When you go in it it says "manage sound" at the top, but all you can do is listen to your ringtones, send (beam), and details which is basically to edit the name if need be or delete the ringtone.

That's all the 'sounds' app can do.
    It's a waste IMO.
    Okay, that's what I thought too. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some cool new feature.

Thanks,
    ERic
    Just did it...working flawlessly...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Maybe it's me, but I am having one hell of a hard time understanding why creating temp names, hard resets, and deleting stuff PRIOR to the update should be necessary. [...]

When Sprint released 1.10, none of this above mentioned stuff was necessary. After reading what so many of you have done thus far, it makes me not even want the update.
    You've gotta be kidding?! Compared to the 1.10 update things are going much easier for folks. Probably a testament to the lessons we learned from 1.10. Most of us with the hint of a problem went straight to Backup/HardReset/Update/Restore without complaining this time around.

ERic
    Does anyone know where the new "Palm Powered" image is stored in the rom? is there any way to extract it or view it manually?

Thanks,
    LB
    Update went flawlessly
    Ordered Car Kit for road trip to Aspen
    Now looking for GPS system compatible with car kit
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Geez, I wish I had that much room left.
    When I type the first character in an SMS reply, the character count jumps from 0 to 36!!!! This is AFTER the upgrade!! Any ideas?...No signatures are active..!!

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 05/14/2004 at 12:44 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1000
    Howdy....

I, too, had problems wiht Launcher X, which after the update, would crash every time I hit the 'home' key...

I ended up assign the 'application' application to a favorite key, which I could access from the 'phone' menu.

Then I used 'backup man' to restore just the Launcher X files from a backup I made just before the upgrade.

That did the trick, and now everything is tic-a-dee-boo...

Smiles,

Ben
    The problem with launcher x is normally that the apps have changed and it doesn't know. shouldn't happen if you set autoupdate apps - or if you get to a page on launcher x (that doesn't crash) and then press refresh
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I've seen one post saying that butler now causes a crash with the alternative keyguard. Is anyone else having this problem?

It might be a good precautionary measure to delete butler and re-install after the upgrade. (sometimes the preferences can get out of sync)

Please let me know - I'm hoping that I won't have to try to pin down a problem on a firmware I don't have access to!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Installed today, no interrupts, no issues. I have a pretty heavy set of apps and configs. I have always installed as soon as an update is available (official or not) and this was the smoothest ever (to include a Treo 180 update).
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I've seen one post saying that butler now causes a crash with the alternative keyguard. Is anyone else having this problem?

It might be a good precautionary measure to delete butler and re-install after the upgrade. (sometimes the preferences can get out of sync)

Please let me know - I'm hoping that I won't have to try to pin down a problem on a firmware I don't have access to!
    I completely deinstalled and reinstalled Butler on my updated 1.20 phone, so far so good!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    It threw me into a interminable reboot loop also but I watched the screen and after a few tries tapped it where the dialogue boxes were appearing and took it out of the phone service search mode and all was fine. The update does work BUT I STRONGLY suggest you turn off any settings that auto establish your service after resetting and I think it will be a flawless update. SPRINT and PALM have no idea all the changes we make to the 600!

G
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Funny, mine went from 10.4 free to 10.7 free.
    Some files don't seem to be restored in the update process. After the update I found that I had something like 12MB free instead of slightly more than 10MB, and I only noticed that Java was missing when Web Viewer wouldn't work (thus accounting for the extra free space). Hopefully that's helpful (but I'm really just posting to make dlbrummels even more jealous).
    The 36th character count on the SMS is because the e-mail address is 35 characters long. I just tried it on mine and it jumped to 22 so they are counting the e-mail address (i counted the characters to verify).

G
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    quick question.. once the install is done does it permanently take up that 6 megs on my PALM? i got about 4 megs free and i figure if i do a hard reset then ill have plenty of space sure for the 6 megs. however if it takes up room on the palm for that much then i wont be able to restore. has anyone noticed how much space this update takes post install on the device?
    the taking up of space is temporary. you'll have just about as much free space afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    It threw me into a interminable reboot loop also but I watched the screen and after a few tries tapped it where the dialogue boxes were appearing and took it out of the phone service search mode and all was fine. The update does work BUT I STRONGLY suggest you turn off any settings that auto establish your service after resetting and I think it will be a flawless update. SPRINT and PALM have no idea all the changes we make to the 600!

G
    This is a brilliant observation. I doubt either company can even imagine the number of third party system level utilities some of us run. Reading these threads, I took extra time, as suggested by gharrod, to shut down the services. I could even see the safety of a hard reset install on a fresh system name, as others have suggested. For years, Windows vets swore by a fresh reformat install of any MS upgrade for compatibility reasons.
    Did the update and installed Audacity but now I'm getting the message "ERROR #8388 - append stream create". How do I fix it. Thanks for any help.