Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Only saw one other person mention the new "Sounds" app. Is this useful for anything?

ERic
    Eric, I didn't do this software upgrade, however when I upgraded from FW2.09 to FW2.12 I got that sounds app and I can tell you that it's useless. When you go in it it says " manage sound' at the top, but all you can do is listen to your ringtones, send (beam), and details which is basically to edit the name if need be or delete the ringtone.

That's all the 'sounds' app can do.
    It's a waste IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    I am having the problem of going on to the Sprint network. Everything seems to be working fine, but when I try to open the phone, it resets... Any solutions???
    The update gave me the reset problem whenever I powered on the phone also. On my phone the problem was the aqua phone skin I had installed. I used filez to delete the phonelogo.prc file and the phone.prc file (the one not in ROM) and then everything worked fine. Good luck.
    i have a t600 converted to run on verizon am i going to run into any problems doing the update (reprogram my phone?)?
    I'm about to update. Will report back afterwards.
    FYI, a reinstall of Launcher X fixed my issue as well.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I saw several posts on this thread about the phone resetting after installing this new update. For me, this happened, and it would not stop until I removed a "custom program" that I had installed a couple months ago.

This custom program was called "Phone" in my list of programs. I believe this was a hack that changed the initial screen to a radio tower (instead of the Sprint logo page) when initialing powering up the phone. It also changed the appearance of the buttons on the "on screen" dialpad. (However, the buttons had been converted back whenever I installed another hack that disallowed the space bar from answering the phone.)

Bottom line, if you are continuing to get a soft reset when you try to turn on the phone portion of the Treo, it's probably a program (or two) installed on your phone that does is not compatible with this new firmware.
    I just installed the update and the process was smooth as butter. The only precaution I took was to disable Lightwav before installing the update. No problems noticed on the phone yet. It does feel more responsive now. In any case, thanks PalmOne for finally making this update a reality. Now bring on the the next Treo already!
    All went well with the upgrade - no glitches - but I did disable every system level utility (inlucding Launcher X), then did my first re-install from my SD card thanks to Backupman. Running great - but don't notice any real changes (did get audio with Movierec 1.12).
    I too had to remove the "Phone" app that changed the look of things. is there a compatible replacement? i liked it.
    In my case,when I shut down Treo Connection Manager the resetting problem went away. After the first connection, I turned it back on and it seems to be working now.
    Laissez Faire
    Just finished the upgrade following kschoenberg's procedure:

Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Okay, for anyone who cares here's what I did and it seems to have worked:

1. Backup with BackupMan to my SD Card.
    2. Hard Reset Cleared All Data
    3. Synced to CLEAN profile
    4. Installed Updated
    5. Synced to CLEAN profile
    6. Restored from Card.

No glitches.

Some observations so far after the 1.20 updater:

memo still has the 1024 byte clipboard limit.
    PdaNet works fine
    ZLauncher reset the Treo first time I launched it but ok the second time.

More to come if I find anything worthwhile posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Any hints on what files to maybe delete before I do a hard reset?
    Maybe it's me, but I am having one hell of a hard time understanding why creating temp names, hard resets, and deleting stuff PRIOR to the update should be necessary.

I mean really now....what does UPDATE mean if you have to do so much initial work just to get it done.

When Sprint released 1.10, none of this above mentioned stuff was necessary. After reading what so many of you have done thus far, it makes me not even want the update.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    I too had to remove the "Phone" app that changed the look of things. is there a compatible replacement? i liked it.
    I added the "phone" app back once I was comfortable that the update had been successful and everyhting worked. I made a second backup first, then re-installed phone with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeSome600
    I'm all updated without a problem...MovieRec does work great WITH sound! Is audacity the only voice recorder out there for palm os5?
    easyNotes also does voice recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I also tried to do it without a charger, no go. The car charger should work though.
    But it has to be connected to a Hotsync cable too, So can you plug the charger end of the car charger into the Hotsync end where the wall charger goes?
    SHould work in theory, but then again ,so should....
    Quote Originally Posted by biscoradio
    easyNotes also does voice recording.
    Neat little utility for half the price of Basic !
    My Mail app is not working anymore after the update. Prior to the update, I deleted the old Mail V1.0 version (with the OS 5 launcher delete) and also the Email_libr_HsMp_BC file with FileZ before I backed up my Treo to SD. After the update to 1.20 and restore from SD, Mail is at V1.02a. When I go to edit account and add new account, it resets the Treo everytime. Anyone else having problems like mine?

I also noticed the pre-configured accounts for Yahoo, Earthlink etc is not in V1.02a like it was in the older version.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    quick question.. once the install is done does it permanently take up that 6 megs on my PALM? i got about 4 megs free and i figure if i do a hard reset then ill have plenty of space sure for the 6 megs. however if it takes up room on the palm for that much then i wont be able to restore. has anyone noticed how much space this update takes post install on the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Maybe it's me, but I am having one hell of a hard time understanding why creating temp names, hard resets, and deleting stuff PRIOR to the update should be necessary.

I mean really now....what does UPDATE mean if you have to do so much initial work just to get it done.

When Sprint released 1.10, none of this above mentioned stuff was necessary. After reading what so many of you have done thus far, it makes me not even want the update.
    Piece of cake --

Backed up with BackUpBuddy
    Hot Synced
    Installed Updater
    Added Backgammon

Everything works
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Anyone having problems powering down the radio? The Sprint "good bye" screen seems to hang upon power down.