Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    The majority of these posts have put me off updating my phone-I think I'll leave it as it is (Firmware V 1.0!!!!)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Only saw one other person mention the new "Sounds" app. Is this useful for anything?

ERic
  3. Mordeloth
    It worked fine for me.
    Man, I was gone for E3 the whole day today and only now I get on TC to find out there's a new Sprint update available!?!? Oh boy, I guess I'll start reading post #1 and work my way up. Wish me luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Can anyone confirm if the new email app can acually delete email messages off the server?
    Yes. There is an option (check box) to leave messages on the server. Un-checking the box will delete them from the server.
    Ran the update this morning and encountered zero problems. Had BackupBuddy ready to go, but no hard resets needed. The only caveat I'll give is disable EVERYTHING before doing this update...Graffitti Anywhere, SnapCalc, YAHM, KeyCaps600, Profeo Lite, TreoButler, ArrowLauncher, KeepOff, VolumeRocker, ClockPop, SnapClip, and TreoShutter. The instructions say to disable "Treo Tools" or other system extensions, which is why I disable anything remotely close to it.
    Has anyone noticed after the update that it takes longer for the phone to find a network especially if you are out of Sprints area. It is like they don't want you to be roaming. Also, once in awhile while trying to search for a network the phone will do a soft reset. Other than that it seems to be okay. The voice recorder is a big plus even though it took forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    What exactly do you mean when you say "sync to a clean profile"?

Tks
    Backgammon??..WHere is that at?.....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Okay, for anyone who cares here's what I did and it seems to have worked:

1. Backup with BackupMan to my SD Card.
    2. Hard Reset Cleared All Data
    3. Synced to CLEAN profile
    4. Installed Updated
    5. Synced to CLEAN profile
    6. Restored from Card.

Software Rev: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware Rev: B
    PRL Version: 10023

Got the free backgammon game.

Where's the backgammon agame at????

IGO
    Differences I've noticed in the 5 minutes I've had it running

1. Big goofy Palm1 logo on reboot
    2. SMS application is different
    3. Mail App is now included and appears to work. Wish it had IMAP

Right now everything appears to be working including LauncherX. More later if I notice something.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Any difference between fw 3.04 and new download?
    Was anyone able to do the upgrade WITH OUT being hooked up to a charger? Mine keeps saying it needs to be on the charger, even though I have 98% charge. All I have is a normal hotsync cable and a car charger. Will it work if I get it to 100%? Can I hook the car charger to the Hotsync cable?
    TIA,Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Backgammon??..WHere is that at?.....

IGO
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=50433
    Please Please Please. Someone tell me what is meant below by "sync to clean profile'? Does this mean change the user id when syncing or what.

"1. Backup with BackupMan to my SD Card.
    2. Hard Reset Cleared All Data
    3. Synced to CLEAN profile
    4. Installed Updated
    5. Synced to CLEAN profile
    6. Restored from Card."

Tks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Was anyone able to do the upgrade WITH OUT being hooked up to a charger? Mine keeps saying it needs to be on the charger, even though I have 98% charge. All I have is a normal hotsync cable and a car charger. Will it work if I get it to 100%? Can I hook the car charger to the Hotsync cable?
    TIA,Matt
    I also tried to do it without a charger, no go. The car charger should work though.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    TIA,Matt
    I only have the wall charger that came with the T600. Am I able to do apply the update after it is fully charged? palmOne site only says that the phone needs to be fully charged, and not on a charger.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You what's funny... I went ahead and did this without even reading the FAQ! I think I've had one too many update catatrophies to know exactly what to do!

Thanks though...will update results...
    lol... I am in the same exact situation. And I did a hard reset and moved forward before reading past the first couple pages of this thread.

Yeah... I laugh now, but as we speak my Treo is syncing for the first time after the hard reset, and it's not just installing the updater file... it's restoring everything else also. That doesn't seem like it would be a good thing. But I guess we'll see (maybe I should have read past your post... eh, gfunk? Oh well... I like to live dangerously).
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    TurboTiger,

To sync to a clean profile, on your computer run Palm Desktop, Click Tools-->Users in the menu bar, select new and create a new user (call it anything you want except your current hotsync name, I used "update1" as an example). Now when you hotsync it will ask you which user you want to sync to. Select the one you just created. When you're done with step 6 in your post, start syncing back to your original hotsync id.
    FWIW, the update is too much trouble for too little gain, IMO. I'm sticking with 1.10. My phone never crashes and I haven't had a problem with it since day one.
    Tks vey much carter437
    I followed the "normal" instructions (with Backupman ready in case)...worked like a dream. Interestingly, I didn't even have to re-add my mail settings but the mail app is definitely the new PalmOne version.