1.    #1  
    Most of you may know that AIM has the ability to send text messages to most cellphones & carriers. Prior to my Treo 600, I was a Treo 300 user and this AIM function worked great. My wife could send me a text message from AIM without having to sign into Sprint. About a month ago my phone stopped receiving these messages. I can still send messages to my wifes phone and other Sprint phones through AIM, but not to my phone. I had hoped that upgrading to a T6 would correct this, but it hasnt. Does anyone here have any idea as to a possible cause of this?

Thanks!
    Have you tried adjusting your preferences in AIM? I've been able to receive messages from AIM on my T6 with no problem.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  3.    #3  
    I have tried Ivyrose. When you set up your mobile device, AIM is supposed to send your phone a 4 digit confirmation code. I cant get the code sent to my phone. I dont see any other pertinent settings in the AIM preferances screen that could be impeeding this.
    Oh man. Sorry to hear that. I even tried to re-setup my phone and I got the code just fine. I don't see any other settings either .... sorry I couldn't be of more help
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  5.    #5  
    I even made an attempt to calls AOL's tech support. I was told to un-install and re-install AIM...WTF? Its weird because it all stopped working about a month ago, not sure what I did to kill it.

BTW...nice avatar pic =)
    Sprint can't do this. The Sprint implementation of AIM is really bad.
  7.    #7  
    Actually its not the version of AIM that is accessible via a SPCS phones browser. Rather its the ability to send text messages to an SPCS phone from either AOL or AIM desktop version buddy list. I am able to send text messages to my work SPCS phone, my wifes, my friends and my co-workes. I used to be able to receive these same messages on my Treo 300 without a problem, then about a month or so ago my phone stopped receiving these messages.

Now even with my upgrade to an SPCS Treo 600 these messages just wont get delivered to my phone. AOL tech support wont trouble shoot this, and I have been up one side and down the other with 1st and 2nd tier SPCS support. Its not a phone related problem, because this issue has crossed over from my T3 to my T6. I dont know what, if any, settings have been changed on AOL / AIM that is preventing delivery to my phone. SPCS has said they have checked "all" of the possible settings to my account and all is set as they should be.

Does anyone else here have any idea of what may be the cause and or solution for this issue?

Thanks!
    CGordonn
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Most of you may know that AIM has the ability to send text messages to most cellphones & carriers. Prior to my Treo 600, I was a Treo 300 user and this AIM function worked great. My wife could send me a text message from AIM without having to sign into Sprint. About a month ago my phone stopped receiving these messages. I can still send messages to my wifes phone and other Sprint phones through AIM, but not to my phone. I had hoped that upgrading to a T6 would correct this, but it hasnt. Does anyone here have any idea as to a possible cause of this?

Thanks!
    In order to send to your phone, are you doing it this way (+1areacode#) Mine is +1707XXXXXXX. Make sure you are using the plus sign, the #1 (for US) and no spaces or dashes.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9.    #9  
    I am entering the number correctly. In AOL, the entry fields are 3+3+4, so AOL handles the 1 prefix automaticly. In AIM the 1 prefix is also handled automaticly by selecting your home country. Again, in the past all these settings allowed for messages to be sent to my phone, but for some unknown reason not any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I am entering the number correctly. In AOL, the entry fields are 3+3+4, so AOL handles the 1 prefix automaticly. In AIM the 1 prefix is also handled automaticly by selecting your home country. Again, in the past all these settings allowed for messages to be sent to my phone, but for some unknown reason not any longer.
    I am a little confused by your AOL entry field (3+4+4)? In AOL/AIM the setups are the same; at least its been this way for me for as long as I've been using it.

Gordon, elaborate just a bit on the entry field so I'll have some understanding of what you mean...thanks
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  11.    #11  
    In the AOL buddy list for setting up a buddies mobile phone there are 3 fields in which to input the mobile number. The first field holds 3 digits, the second field holds 3 digits and the third field hold 4 digits (3+3+4). By default for +1 is already hard coded into the set up screen. In AIM, you first select the country of the mobile buddy your setting up, then enter their mobile number into a single field, as opposed to 3 separate fields.

I know I am entering the numbers correctly, this is not the issue I am having. The issue is that something either in AOL or SPCS has changed that is preventing text messages sent via AOL or AIM buddy lists from being delivered to my phone.
    has anyone figured out how to change the port of the AIM to port 80?
    Problems with AIM to the phone are handled by AOL-IM tech support and not Sprint PCS. It is AIM that implements the IM for each of the cellular carriers, not each carrier developing their own interface.

If you look around on the www.aim.com web site, you can find all the documentation for all the various carriers. I imagine the differences in implementation has something to do with the various cellular networks and contracts with cellular providers (?), as some carriers' implementation is much richer in functionality than others.
  14.    #14  
    Well, I have been around and round with BOTH SprintPCS and AOL tech support. SPCS insists there is nothing on their end preventing my phone from receiving these IM's. AOL tech support wont even take on the issue, they say they dont provide mobile IM support over the phone and that I have to go to the aim.com website and fill out a bug report. Of course there is a disclaimer on the bug report that states it is not a means to get tech support and that no direct follow up with be provided. For a service that is supported by AOL and SPCS, neither wants to take on responcibility for technical support issues.