1.    #1  
    Hi

This is my 3rd unit:

1st: the famous buzzing problem from beginning
    2nd: distortion problems from beginning
    3rd: 2 months ok, but now again the famous buzzing problem

I love the treo's funtionality, but in the same time I hate it's problems - it's really getting annoying!!!
    My friends are making fun of me...

My question: How is it with the new palmone branded phones? did they make any improvements on the hardware, or did they only changed only the branding on the cover?

I intend to arrange a palmone unit.

Any experiences yet?
    I was actually PETRIFIED about having to get a Palm 1 Branded treo last week when my handspring model had its battery die on me but I haven't had a single problem with it yet. The notorious screen seems to be of the same quality, I certainly do not notice a buzzing.

My own personal belief of what was wrong with the treos was that P1 was trying to put them out as fast as possible while starting up the T610... Take that with a grain of salt... just a personal belief of mine (that flies in the face of all of these disreputable websites saying the 610 won't be out until late fall... I am still sticking to what my friend told me and that was July-August)
    This is my 3rd Treo. It is a PalmOne Branded one. Buzzing Sound appeared after 3 days of use. Will be returned today.

1st Treo had Network Search Problems.
    2nd Treo had the earpiece entirely go bad - no sound. I could only hear callers through using speakerphone.
    1st Treo (HS): buzzing, then dead speaker
    2nd Treo (HS): Battery/Network Search
    3rd Treo (P1): All Good, about a month now...
    here's my log:
    1st treo (hs): died
    2nd treo (p1): buzzing, bad battery life, loose space bar
    3rd treo (p1): i've had it for one day and my only complaint thus far is that the screen seems loose (when i touch it with the stylus there seems to be too much space between the top film and actual screen.
    1st...Software Issues after first firmware update. (Handspring Model)
    2nd...Loose screw (or what ever it was inside T600)(Pa1mOne Model)(Refrib)
    3rd...So far, so good (1 week)(Pa1mOne Model)(Brand Spanking New)
    My new Palm branded replacement has the humm, and reboots upon deleting an email.

The 3rd unit is in DHL's hands, scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    sometimes i think people are jsut too picky... how bad is the buzz?
    i wish it were just a matter of pickiness. the buzz on my phone was only heard by the receiver. i called palmone using my treo to report my problems and the tech guy asked me to call him back on a different phone because the buzz was so loud he couldn't hear what i was saying. the space bar with no 'click' made it impossible to determine how many spaces i was inserting in between words, and the battery went from 100% to 30% in 2 hours.

far from being picky. would you pay 500.00+ for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmonk
    i wish it were just a matter of pickiness. the buzz on my phone was only heard by the receiver. i called palmone using my treo to report my problems and the tech guy asked me to call him back on a different phone because the buzz was so loud he couldn't hear what i was saying. the space bar with no 'click' made it impossible to determine how many spaces i was inserting in between words, and the battery went from 100% to 30% in 2 hours.

far from being picky. would you pay 500.00+ for that?
    i agree, i was just unsure how bad it was.
    I have been palmOne branded since day 1 and have never had any of the problems described by others. I guess I am lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    sometimes i think people are jsut too picky... how bad is the buzz?
    Well, my boss yelled at me yesterday, "Get a new phone!"

Does that tell you anything? I noticed that the buzz was related to a screen flicker, and I smacked the phone very hard into my hand thinking that the screen had a loose wire. I'm on the road this week with the replacement sitting home waiting for me, and that seems to have fixed the buzz.

I still can't move the ring/silent switch, and it still reboots when I delete an email.

I still can't move the ring/silent switch, and it still reboots when I delete an email.
    mine reboots when i hit the delete button too many times while deleting SMS messages
    Yes- smacking it on the back is the only way, and even that doesn't always work. And now my friends and co-workers have had it with me, too. Especially after I was bragging as much as I was when I got it. My FIFTH Treo is on it's way. FIFTH. How can that be? This is so disapointing and been one of the worst purchases I've ever done. Huge time-suck and bummer. Yet it is such a great gadget (if only it worked!).