1.    #1  
    The new one, which came last week, suffers from three maladies:

1. A loud buzz on the recipient's end. I don't hear it, but the person I'm calling says it's so bad they can barely hear me.

2. The ring/mute switch is barely moveable from one position to the other.

3. Email hell: It routinely shuts down and reboots when I try to delete an email that came into the phone.

Luckily I have the name and contact info for the nice lady in California who helped me out last time, and she promises a hand inspected replacement that'll be prefect this time.

I swear, if there were a phone that had the features that the Treo600 does, this thing'd be gone in a heartbeat. I have a true love/hate relationship with this phone.
    I am having problems as well.

1. First Treo I had went through "Network Search" problems.

2. Second Treo (new, not refurbished) had the earpiece speaker go out. I could only hear callers on speakerphone, not through the earpiece.

3. My third Treo (which is a new Palmone Branded) I have had now for 3 days, and now the sound is terrible while on a call. Very muffled, and distorted. It did not happen the first 2 days I had the phone, it came right around the time the battery drained to less than 25%, and has not gone away.

On another note, this Treo also has weak speakerphone volume. Since I have been a Treo User since October, I am quite accustomed to the expected volume the phone should bring, and this model is only about 75% of what I have had in the past.

4. I will report back how Treo #4 handles today.
    I bought my Treo 600 sometime in November 2003. Buzzing sound appeared in April. Had it replaced with another Handspring branded Treo 600 in end-April. Replacement unit has echo on loudspeaker and display off centered to the left. Due to this, digitizer is always out of calibration. This defective replacement was without buzz. Used it for a week and this week received a PalmOne branded Treo 600. Firmware is 2.12. So far so good....... 3 days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    The new one, which came last week, suffers from three maladies:

1. A loud buzz on the recipient's end. I don't hear it, but the person I'm calling says it's so bad they can barely hear me.

2. The ring/mute switch is barely moveable from one position to the other.

3. Email hell: It routinely shuts down and reboots when I try to delete an email that came into the phone.

Luckily I have the name and contact info for the nice lady in California who helped me out last time, and she promises a hand inspected replacement that'll be prefect this time.

I swear, if there were a phone that had the features that the Treo600 does, this thing'd be gone in a heartbeat. I have a true love/hate relationship with this phone.
    We're probably talking to the same person in California.. I asked for a refund instead.. I weighed the risk of getting the NEW replacement that might turn out to be defective against having the functionality of the treo 600.. I have decided I no longer want to deal with palmOne. I am going for a simple phone this time, no PDA functionality.
    i am going to be on my 3rd soon my first one had the echo problem and the one i have got now has the network search problem lets hope this one will be the one thats perfect
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I should receive my third replacement today. 1st: Buzzing on receiver's end. 2nd: Loud noises on both ends. 3rd: Echo on speaker and buzzing when battery below 50 percent. Each lasted no more than a month. How can you get a refund from PalmOne? Do you have to have bought it from them? I bought mine at a reatil Cingular during the few weeks they WERE selling it and they won't give me a refund.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I should receive my third replacement today. 1st: Buzzing on receiver's end. 2nd: Loud noises on both ends. 3rd: Echo on speaker and buzzing when battery below 50 percent. Each lasted no more than a month. How can you get a refund from PalmOne? Do you have to have bought it from them? I bought mine at a reatil Cingular during the few weeks they WERE selling it and they won't give me a refund.
    You should fax a letter to Mr. Ken Wirt, PalmOne Senior VP and GM of the Handheld Business Unit - there is a main fax number on the palmone website. Somebody will contact you from their corporate customer relations.
    No, Wirt is the guy in charge of PDAs, not smartphones.

Colligan or someone equivalent is the smartphone BigWig (I simply forget who!).

====

Editted to add:

Just looked it up - yes, it's Colligan:

-- http://www.palmone.com/us/company/co...executive.html