1.    #1  
    I have an Orange UK GSM Treo 600.
    Hardware A
    Firmware 01.15
    Software Treo600-1.0-OUK

I did a hotsync backup then copied the crow_1.12_updater.prc to my sd card. Hard reset and ran the installer from the sd card. As it unpacks the contents I get a message "Cannot delete Zlib" which requires an "OK" then the installer finishes the unpacking and says that the updater cannot be run as it is not for this machine.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    I have an Orange UK GSM Treo 600.
    Hardware A
    Firmware 01.15
    Software Treo600-1.0-OUK

I did a hotsync backup then copied the crow_1.12_updater.prc to my sd card. Hard reset and ran the installer from the sd card. As it unpacks the contents I get a message "Cannot delete Zlib" which requires an "OK" then the installer finishes the unpacking and says that the updater cannot be run as it is not for this machine.

Any suggestions?
    Paul,

As you are running Orange software, you will need to run the Token Writer to 'trick' your Treo into thinking it has another software version installed.

Instructions are HERE

Remember to write down your serial number etc. before you run Token Writer as you will need the info later.

Good luck !
    www.gsmworld.com
    I have followed the full instructions to the letter including changing the tag. I still get the same error and the DC app gets into a loop
  4. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    You should probably stop what you are doing and wait for the official update. The Sprint users received theirs today. For all others, the indication is "coming soon". I would wait if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    I get a message "Cannot delete Zlib" which requires an "OK" then the installer finishes the unpacking
    Having investigatged this a little further. The file Zlib is installed in the ROM on the Orange phones (Hardware Rev B and by suggestion from you - also Hardware A) thus the file can not be deleted.

There are a large number of posts that appear to confirm accepting this message with OK does not cause the update to fail.

It remains the case however that a number of people are unable to perform any upgrade as the Device Customizer application gets stuck in a loop.

If anyone can suggest why then I for one will be very happy